Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 41
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    48,135

    Edwin Diaz hurt celebrating WBC win

    Diaz had to be taken off the field in a wheelchair

    Mets probably suffer a big blow to their season

    Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    10,464
    Saw that, done during the celebration. His right leg seemed to have very little to no movement, basically dragging his leg.

    He is by far and away my favorite non-White Sox. His entrance music (Narco) is the greatest music ever. Everyone gets excited for him.

    Hoping for encouraging results today.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    10,507
    I hate the WBC


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    10,464
    Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    I hate the WBC


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As do I, but the injury had really nothing to do with the WBC
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    48,135
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    As do I, but the injury had really nothing to do with the WBC
    It doesn't happen if it doesn't exist.

    Tear in his patellar tendon. Out for the year. Good thing they picked up Robertson.

    Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    12,349
    This is why Clayton Kershaw didn't pitch for Team USA.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    69,571
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    As do I, but the injury had really nothing to do with the WBC
    Other than literally happening on the field of a WBC game.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    10,464
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    It doesn't happen if it doesn't exist.

    Tear in his patellar tendon. Out for the year. Good thing they picked up Robertson.

    Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk
    You don't know that. It's a freak accident. He could have easily done it doing almost anything, right?
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    10,464
    Why were there not medical professionals there instead of just teammates?
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    69,571

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    12,349
    He had surgery today, which was successful. I'm a bit surprised that they did the surgery this quickly. Usually they want to wait for swelling to abate prior to the procedure.
    At any rate, the Mets are hopeful that he will be back in 6 months. He will likely miss the entire season.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    10,464
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    He had surgery today, which was successful. I'm a bit surprised that they did the surgery this quickly. Usually they want to wait for swelling to abate prior to the procedure.
    At any rate, the Mets are hopeful that he will be back in 6 months. He will likely miss the entire season.
    If it's a tear do like that just under the front of the knee cap is there a reason to wait? I know they do in other areas of the body. From what I could tell (uneducated wise) it seems that perhaps this wouldn't have swelling on that part of the leg in the area needing repair? Or am I not looking at it correctly?
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,523
    This had nothing to do with the WBC. I've seen a lot of "hot takes" on social media in which people claim that the WBC shouldn't even exist and this is a reason why.

    Typically, someone who makes that claim has no idea what it means to represent a culture and a country or they're just looking for clicks.

    Edwin was representing his country and the stadium was as hype as a stadium could be. The WBC is good for baseball. It's good for fans. It's good for fans across the world.

    When Kendrys Morales broke his leg celebrating at home plate, we didn't hear anyone calling for an end to regular season games. The lesson to be learned here is not that the WBC should be cancelled, but that players need to be more mindful of how they celebrate. You can get pumped up, scream, pump your chest, give signs to your teammates, etc. Excessive physical celebrations come with risks that detrimental to the player's career and/or the outcome of their team's season.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    10,464
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    This had nothing to do with the WBC. I've seen a lot of "hot takes" on social media in which people claim that the WBC shouldn't even exist and this is a reason why.

    Typically, someone who makes that claim has no idea what it means to represent a culture and a country or they're just looking for clicks.

    Edwin was representing his country and the stadium was as hype as a stadium could be. The WBC is good for baseball. It's good for fans. It's good for fans across the world.

    When Kendrys Morales broke his leg celebrating at home plate, we didn't hear anyone calling for an end to regular season games. The lesson to be learned here is not that the WBC should be cancelled, but that players need to be more mindful of how they celebrate. You can get pumped up, scream, pump your chest, give signs to your teammates, etc. Excessive physical celebrations come with risks that detrimental to the player's career and/or the outcome of their team's season.
    I agree with you. What I saw was not excessive. Just a freak accident.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    12,349
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    If it's a tear do like that just under the front of the knee cap is there a reason to wait? I know they do in other areas of the body. From what I could tell (uneducated wise) it seems that perhaps this wouldn't have swelling on that part of the leg in the area needing repair? Or am I not looking at it correctly?
    Usually surgeons want the swelling to subside so they can see what they have to work on. Waiting doesn't cause any further damage, if the area is immobilized and hurrying won't get him back on the mound this season.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •