Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 67 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1340
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    While I agree alone that means very little. The reason I think it means something is his very close relationship with Matsui. He looks at Matsui as his mentor and wears number 55 to honor him. He's also said he'd like to follow in Matsui's footsteps to the Yankees.

Obviously, anyone should say they have an interest in the Yankees, but coupled with the Matsui factor, I do believe the mutual interest is real
    Hal neds to hire Matsui so we can get that 1b. That is special talent that must not get away.
    My Top 10 Beatles songs

1. I am the Walrus
    2. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
    3. I Me Mine
    4. A Day in the Life
    5. Helter Skelter
    6. Let it Be
    7. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
    8. Being for the Benefit of Mr Kite
    9. Golden Slumbers
    10. Eleanor Rigby

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Premature? If it truly is a competition one could argue at this juncture Volpe has won. Peraza is already on the 40 man as I mentioned previously, he also has 18 games of ML experience. Volpe has fielded the position, made the plays, he looks like he belongs. Peraza has also fielded the position very well. He has all the tools. Imo the anemic offense (at times last season) could benefit more from Volpe's bat than Peraza's glove, this is not to suggest Volpe's glove will hurt the team, he can field the position.

Volpe 39 AB's- .308/.438/.590/1.027

Peraza 38 AB's - 214/.353/.393/.746

Volpe would be no worse than IKF in the field but that bat catapults him up a few 100 notches!
    My Top 10 Beatles songs

1. I am the Walrus
    3. I Me Mine
    4. A Day in the Life
    5. Helter Skelter
    6. Let it Be
    9. Golden Slumbers
    10. Eleanor Rigby

Nicky your all over this morning. So let me get this straight.....sign players because NY just needs stars at least 6...Torres is meh just another ordinary 2B player.....compare the Yankees to the Rays (again)....

If the Yanks have the 6 stars everywhere then they will be spending a lot of money and Hal will definitely be over the lux line. Just throwing that out there. I do understand (not totally agree with) Ohtani staying on the west coast. LAA even though the junior club in LA is still LA and a huge city plus a flight to Japan is a little shorter and non stop.

I do agree that Rizzo is a stop gap. I don't think it is a bad signing for now that his back is fine. He seems like a great clubhouse guy and I am worried about the dudes back his bread and butter is his defense.

I also think the Yanks are now tied with the specs at this point. They didn't sign any huge SS so they are going to ride with Vople/Peraza so any talks of trading them now are mute in my opinion.

QFTG - Who makes the MLB squad and is playing March 30th?
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    Nicky your all over this morning. So let me get this straight.....sign players because NY just needs stars at least 6...Torres is meh just another ordinary 2B player.....compare the Yankees to the Rays (again)....

If the Yanks have the 6 stars everywhere then they will be spending a lot of money and Hal will definitely be over the lux line. Just throwing that out there. I do understand (not totally agree with) Ohtani staying on the west coast. LAA even though the junior club in LA is still LA and a huge city plus a flight to Japan is a little shorter and non stop.

I do agree that Rizzo is a stop gap. I don't think it is a bad signing for now that his back is fine. He seems like a great clubhouse guy and I am worried about the dudes back his bread and butter is his defense.

I also think the Yanks are now tied with the specs at this point. They didn't sign any huge SS so they are going to ride with Vople/Peraza so any talks of trading them now are mute in my opinion.

QFTG - Who makes the MLB squad and is playing March 30th?

My whole entire point was to not stop spending back after 2012. The 2009 spending spree helped the team from 2009-2012 but injuries took its toll in Oct with the Teix hammy first and then Jeter in 2012 with the broken ankle. Hal stopped the spending and Cashman had to go dumpster diving for players like Kevin Youkilis. He then saw that didnít work and letís Cashman sign 3 free agents past their prime. He then loses Cano and Levine suggests Ellsbury. Then the new kids emerge and they have a nice 6 yr window and flop in Oct because they couldnít get past Houston. 2013 should have been a year to spend not dumpster dive for 2 years because of some stupid tax line.
    My Top 10 Beatles songs

1. I am the Walrus
    3. I Me Mine
    4. A Day in the Life
    5. Helter Skelter
    6. Let it Be
    9. Golden Slumbers
    10. Eleanor Rigby

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Ohtani doesn't strike me as someone to shy away from the spotlight. In fact, the opposite seems to be closer to the truth.
    Now, I agree. When he first came over from Japan, I bet that had a lot to do with it.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Premature? If it truly is a competition one could argue at this juncture Volpe has won. Peraza is already on the 40 man as I mentioned previously, he also has 18 games of ML experience. Volpe has fielded the position, made the plays, he looks like he belongs. Peraza has also fielded the position very well. He has all the tools. Imo the anemic offense (at times last season) could benefit more from Volpe's bat than Peraza's glove, this is not to suggest Volpe's glove will hurt the team, he can field the position.

Volpe 39 AB's- .308/.438/.590/1.027

Peraza 38 AB's - 214/.353/.393/.746
    I say premature, because it's not a move they have to make right now. In fact, it's pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Now, I agree. When he first came over from Japan, I bet that had a lot to do with it.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    No one really knows except Ohtani, but you dont leave behind superstardom in your own country, to travel to some foreign land, at that age, because you're afraid and unsure of yourself. He had already risked it all on his decision to come here, what would be the point in making some arbitrary decision to not play for the yankees because he had some unknown fear of playing in a big market?

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    I say premature, because it's not a move they have to make right now. In fact, it's pointless.
    Then send Volpe and Peraza both back to AAA and keep as isÖ.Then May you will know if Hicks, IKF can play and if Sevy can make it through 5 starts without injury and if not start trading for another starter with some of the specs.

Specs are good for one thing in Yankeeland, TRADING!
    My Top 10 Beatles songs

1. I am the Walrus
    3. I Me Mine
    4. A Day in the Life
    5. Helter Skelter
    6. Let it Be
    9. Golden Slumbers
    10. Eleanor Rigby

Pointless? What if it is determined Volpe is destined for the SS job? Would he not have to be on the 40 man? Even if the plan is to get him ML playing time he would have to be moved to the 40. Imo both will be or should be on the ML roster to start the season.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Then send Volpe and Peraza both back to AAA and keep as isÖ.Then May you will know if Hicks, IKF can play and if Sevy can make it through 5 starts without injury and if not start trading for another starter with some of the specs.

Specs are good for one thing in Yankeeland, TRADING!
    I guess that's also a possibility. Slim but possible.

I guess that's also a possibility. Slim but possible.
    If that happens, I give up on this team.

The thing that makes the most sense, is to see what we have with Peraza. Give him the SS spot outright. If he looks like heís legit, then all you need to figure out is what youíre doing with Torres. IMO you go with the better defender at SS, assuming he at least is respectable offensively

Or by pointless are you suggesting IKF is the SS at the outset, thus no decision needs to be made ? If so I agree. But the handwriting on the wall is screaming IKF will NOT be the SS at the start of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    While I agree alone that means very little. The reason I think it means something is his very close relationship with Matsui. He looks at Matsui as his mentor and wears number 55 to honor him. He's also said he'd like to follow in Matsui's footsteps to the Yankees.

Obviously, anyone should say they have an interest in the Yankees, but coupled with the Matsui factor, I do believe the mutual interest is real
    I hope you're right, and I'm sure Matsui will factor in. I just googled the flight to Japan from NYC. It's 13 hours. The flight from LA is 11.5 hours. That shouldn't be a huge factor in his decision. The Japanese population in NYC is 37,000 compared to 65,000 in LA. That's a pretty significant difference but LA is also a lot more spread out than NY. I guess that could factor in too.

At the end of the day, money can get you anywhere in the world in a short period of time. If you want to be around Japanese people you will be able to find a way when you have unlimited resources.

It'd be great if he comes here but im definitely not getting my hopes up. There's so much that can happen between now and then. For all we know one of the Yankees prospects could become monster at 1b before Murakami ever hits the market, or the Yankees could trade for someone who mashes (both unlikely but still possible). Or Murakami could get hurt or flame out. Two years is a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    I hope you're right, and I'm sure Matsui will factor in. I just googled the flight to Japan from NYC. It's 13 hours. The flight from LA is 11.5 hours. That shouldn't be a huge factor in his decision. The Japanese population in NYC is 37,000 compared to 65,000 in LA. That's a pretty significant difference but LA is also a lot more spread out than NY. I guess that could factor in too.

At the end of the day, money can get you anywhere in the world in a short period of time. If you want to be around Japanese people you will be able to find a way when you have unlimited resources.

It'd be great if he comes here but im definitely not getting my hopes up. There's so much that can happen between now and then. For all we know one of the Yankees prospects could become monster at 1b before Murakami ever hits the market, or the Yankees could trade for someone who mashes (both unlikely but still possible). Or Murakami could get hurt or flame out. Two years is a long time.
    With that beautiful left handed swing, he is built for Yankee Stadium. He is called the Japanese Babe Ruth and he idolized Matsui. He needs to come here.

Also, I took a semester of Japanese in college so make that 37,001-ish Japanese people in NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Day, when is the earliest the Yankees can sign Murakami?
    before the 2025 season
    NYYNEW-TV Prospect Analyst

Page 67 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast