Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49

Thread: Award Finalists

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    49,740

    Award Finalists

    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-ann...145706476.html

    The award finalists for the NFL have been announced:

    MVP:
    Patrick Mahomes
    Josh Allen
    Jalen Hurts
    Joe Burrow
    Justin Jefferson

    OROY:
    Kenneth Walker
    Garrett Wilson
    Brock Purdy

    DROY:
    Aiden Hutchinson
    Ahmad Gardner
    Tariq Woolen

    COY:
    Pat Daboll
    Doug Pederson
    Sean McDermott
    Kyle Shanahan
    Nick Sirianni

    ACOY:
    Ben Johnson (O-Coor. Detroit)
    DeMarco Ryans (D-Coor. SF)
    Shane Steichen (O-Coor. Philadelphia)

    APOY:
    Tyreke Hill
    Justin Jefferson
    Patrick Mahomes
    Jalen Hurts

    DPOY:
    Nick Bosa
    Micah Parsons
    Chris Jones

    Comeback POY:
    Saquon Barkley
    Christian McCaffery
    Geno Smith


    Who do you think will win and who should win?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,502
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-ann...145706476.html

    The award finalists for the NFL have been announced:

    MVP:
    Patrick Mahomes
    Josh Allen
    Jalen Hurts
    Joe Burrow
    Justin Jefferson

    OROY:
    Kenneth Walker
    Garrett Wilson
    Brock Purdy

    DROY:
    Aiden Hutchinson
    Ahmad Gardner
    Tariq Woolen

    COY:
    Pat Daboll
    Doug Pederson
    Sean McDermott
    Kyle Shanahan
    Nick Sirianni

    ACOY:
    Ben Johnson (O-Coor. Detroit)
    DeMarco Ryans (D-Coor. SF)
    Shane Steichen (O-Coor. Philadelphia)

    APOY:
    Tyreke Hill
    Justin Jefferson
    Patrick Mahomes
    Jalen Hurts

    DPOY:
    Nick Bosa
    Micah Parsons
    Chris Jones

    Comeback POY:
    Saquon Barkley
    Christian McCaffery
    Geno Smith


    Who do you think will win and who should win?
    MVP: Mahomes
    2. Burrow
    3. Hurts
    I think Mahomes and Burrow are basically tied. If they switched teams, I think their teams wouldn't see much change.

    ORookie: Walker
    2. Purdy
    3. Wilson
    Walker was a big part of why Seattle made the playoffs.

    DRookie: Sauce
    2. Woolen
    3. Hutchinson
    Rookie corners just don't have seasons like Sauce. He's the no brainer.

    COY: Shanahan
    2. Pederson/Daboll/O'Connell
    3. Sirianni
    4. Mcdermott
    Shanahan does have a stacked team but he's won with three different starting QBs so I think he gets the nod. Daboll, Pederson and O'Connell all did fantastic jobs in their first years.

    ACOY: Ryans
    2. Johnson
    3. Steichen
    That Niners D is dominant, but I feel it's almost a toss up between Ryans and Johnson. The Lions O was pretty damn good considering they're not overly talented.

    OPOY: Jefferson
    2. Hill
    3. Mahomes
    4. Hurts
    Jefferson was the best non-QB offensive player in the league so it should go to him.

    DPOY: Bosa
    2. Parsons
    3. Jones
    This was Parson's to lose. and he will to Bosa.

    Comback: Smith
    2. Barkley
    3. McCaffery
    Smith is the easy choice here.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    70,907
    Brock Purdy of Chris Olave is a joke.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    16,113
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Brock Purdy of Chris Olave is a joke.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I mean, you have to have Purdy in the discussion, but yeah I was surprised Olave wasn't there. He looked spectacular at times and I honestly thought the pick was bad during the draft.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    9,790
    Brandon Graham should be a candidate for comeback player of the year

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    49,740
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I mean, you have to have Purdy in the discussion, but yeah I was surprised Olave wasn't there. He looked spectacular at times and I honestly thought the pick was bad during the draft.
    Is there a reason some awards only have 3 finalists and some have 5? Olave not being a finalist is pretty egregious.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    99,569
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I mean, you have to have Purdy in the discussion, but yeah I was surprised Olave wasn't there. He looked spectacular at times and I honestly thought the pick was bad during the draft.
    No you don't.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    36,241
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Brock Purdy of Chris Olave is a joke.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Olave? They put Purdy after 8 games, but how did Breece Hall not qualify then? This is becoming hilarious now.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    16,113
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Is there a reason some awards only have 3 finalists and some have 5? Olave not being a finalist is pretty egregious.
    It must be a newer thing, I swear they used to have 4-5 candidates

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    70,907
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Olave? They put Purdy after 8 games, but how did Breece Hall not qualify then? This is becoming hilarious now.
    5 games. Playoffs donít matter.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    70,907
    Just heard that 55% of Brocks passing yards are YAC.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    36,140
    If Purdy did what he did over a full season youíd have to put him in discussion. People totally understate how much most rookie QBs suck. Even the super exciting ones who give you every reason to believe theyíll be the next all pro, they usually are damn near impossible to win with as rookies because they do some of the dumbest **** imaginable. Most of them arenít actually good players even though they show tons of promise to be. A rookie QB who actually avoids **** ups so bad that you can win a lot with is extremely rare. And itís honestly usually the guys with lower ceilings who do that more effectively because they usually have a better sense of what they can/cannot get away with, while the higher upside guys usually have to be humbled by NFL talent level to learn that in ways they havenít been at lower levels.

    That being said, it was 5 starts. A joke to put him ROY discussion with such a short sample size.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    99,569
    Sirriani not getting COTY will be an absolute farce.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    99,569
    And while we are at it, start putting some respect on Haason Reddick's name.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,386
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sirriani not getting COTY will be an absolute farce.
    Not really. He deserved to be in the conversation it I donít think he did the best coaching job in the NFL this season.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •