Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I think he could be but he's going to be a gunner. Let him run with a bench and take 100 shots like he does for us in the 1st quarter, play slow down and give him the ball in good spots where he can work in the half like we do now. saying you can't win with him is going a step too far IMO. I think you can win with him but I also think you are adjusting your framework to accommodate him. He is not doing that for you

I think about it this way. Julius is very married to his style of play and when Julius Randle dreams about stepping up in the NBA finals he's staring down his defender, taking 12 dribbles, and hitting a heavily contested step-back 3 in the defender's eye. He's not rolling off-screens, sneaking back door, etc.
    If you put him on the bench, he would instantly revert back to ball pounding point-something. Just because he sometimes let's Jalen bring up the ball and set the offense didn't mean he'll extend that same courtesy to IQ and Deuce. So, do you want the bench to play the weave?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Game #49- Cavaliers (29-19) vs Knicks (25-23): Cav's seem to be whole!

Quote Originally Posted by callmeDro View Post
    If you put him on the bench, he would instantly revert back to ball pounding point-something. Just because he sometimes let's Jalen bring up the ball and set the offense didn't mean he'll extend that same courtesy to IQ and Deuce. So, do you want the bench to play the weave?

Iím not saying put him on the bench you can play him with the bench to give him a chunk of mins where he can really chuck. We do that now to start the game

Itís actually a good strategy by Thibs. Randle is happy he gets shots, no one else is in rhythm yet so heís not taking them out of it, and he hopefully can better gauge how much of a chucker he should be the rest of the night
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 01-26-2023 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Iím not saying put him on the bench you can play him with the bench to give him a chunk of mins where he can really chuck. We do that now to start the game

Itís actually a good strategy by Thibs. Randle is happy he gets shots, no one else is in rhythm yet so heís not taking them out of it, and he hopefully can better gauge how much of a chucker he should be the rest of the night
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IDK - I am really not in favor of watching his style of ugly play with 18 dribbles and chucking fadeaways even with the bench mob. But i agree that's what he will do. I am kind of leery of him getting another all-star appearance. His ego will get the better of what little restraint he has shown this year. He is still taking 100 shots, but typically, he is not dribbling 18 times. Of course, our FO didn't even try to trade him when his value is the highest right now.

Quote Originally Posted by callmeDro View Post
    IDK - I am really not in favor of watching his style of ugly play with 18 dribbles and chucking fadeaways even with the bench mob. But i agree that's what he will do. I am kind of leery of him getting another all-star appearance. His ego will get the better of what little restraint he has shown this year. He is still taking 100 shots, but typically, he is not dribbling 18 times. Of course, our FO didn't even try to trade him when his value is the highest right now.

maybe and i'm far from giving this FO any credit, but just maybe the rate on return is so poor you just leave it alone?

Dave McMenamin
    @mcten

10m
    The Lakers say that Anthony Davis is probable and Patrick Beverley (left knee soreness) is out tonight in New York

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    maybe and i'm far from giving this FO any credit, but just maybe the rate on return is so poor you just leave it alone?
    Yeah, so much for All-Star

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011