Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 459
  1. #316
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    49,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Police stations canít hire enough cops the way it is because of douchebags like you guys on here who will trash the entire profession

    They need more training while the demand for cops is so low..


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Everyone knows the police are the real victims in all this.

  2. #317
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,803
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    They don't push against block periods.

    https://www.nea.org/advocating-for-c...-students-need
    Ok. You need to use your brain a bit. Because im not going to qualify every statement i make. Because every state has different issues regarding teaching. Down to ever county, city, school district.

    In my state, yes its been impossible in just about every district to push this change. And its because the teachers dont want it and the union actively fights against it. It would eliminate the break period for teachers, and require less staff.

  3. #318
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,803
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Everyone knows the police are the real victims in all this.
    We should up their pay then right?

    More pay = better policing!

    Derrrrrpppppp!!!!

    Its amazing how you guys dont see the contradiction you make in the same thread.

  4. #319
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,803
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    1,000:1 seems like quite the extreme claim. Of course there's plenty of bad teachers out there (just as there plenty of bad *insert name of most any occupation here*), no need to exaggerate in an attempt to sell your stance.
    In a ratio of great vs bad teachers. Maybe for every 1000 bad teachers there are 100000 that range from above to blow average. You should learn how ratios work.

  5. #320
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,803
    This is what happens though. Hyper focus on a fake stat i just clearly made up.

    I swear lefties treat teachers like righties treat cops.

    Teachers are these great human beings who want to make society better and people more educated!

    While on the right cops are all outstanding citizens who put their life on the line to protect the innocent.

    Jesus, grow up.

  6. #321
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    26,098
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    We should up their pay then right?

    More pay = better policing!

    Derrrrrpppppp!!!!

    Its amazing how you guys dont see the contradiction you make in the same thread.
    Itís amazing that you donít see the false equivalency youíre pushing forth


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

  7. #322
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    9,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Itís amazing that you donít see the false equivalency youíre pushing forth


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Where is he wrong with that? Donít you think good cops should be paid more?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #323
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    68,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Police stations canít hire enough cops the way it is because of douchebags like you guys on here who will trash the entire profession

    They need more training while the demand for cops is so low..


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cry some more

  9. #324
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    68,733
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    In a ratio of great vs bad teachers. Maybe for every 1000 bad teachers there are 100000 that range from above to blow average. You should learn how ratios work.
    Lofl I know exactly how ratios work and am most definitely not the person that made the absurd claim that the ratio of terrible to great teachers was 1,000 to 1.

    You should learn not to make absurd statements and then lash out when someone questions said statements. Thanks for another meaningless, made up statistic about the quality of teachers though.

  10. #325
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    109,280
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    So teachers salary... smh
    I agree. We should enslave teachers and not pay them. Why do teachers think they deserve a salary...
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move fasterÖbut tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!
    ___

    Please remember not to reply to me if I'm not replying to you...you know who you are.

  11. #326
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    68,733
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    This is what happens though. Hyper focus on a fake stat i just clearly made up.

    I swear lefties treat teachers like righties treat cops.

    Teachers are these great human beings who want to make society better and people more educated!

    While on the right cops are all outstanding citizens who put their life on the line to protect the innocent.

    Jesus, grow up.
    Weird. I haven't seen anyone here reflexively defending bad teachers. All I've seen is people making the argument that they should be paid better (an argument you also made but only in relation to your sister).

    It doesn't require a ton of nuance or any particular political affiliation to realize that there are good and bad members of every profession (and that a rogue policeman is much more of a danger to society than a crap teacher that's simply going through the motions).

    Again though, what in your experience and/or research leads you to think that an overwhelming percentage of teachers are trash and in no way deserve some sort of pay hike? And if you think your statements are being misinterpreted or taken out of context, it's not too late to tell us what you really meant to say.

  12. #327
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    49,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Where is he wrong with that? Donít you think good cops should be paid more?
    While there is a troubling "police culture" which creates problem cops, the bigger problem in policing is systemic. Literally changing the policies, standards, and systems will drastically change the criminal justice system and reduce the inequities we are seeing.

    Another big problem about "good cops" is usually the police themselves are the first group of people to vilify and destroy good cops. Listen to any story about what happens when a cop reports misconduct by a fellow officer.

  13. #328
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    49,797
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    Ok. You need to use your brain a bit. Because im not going to qualify every statement i make. Because every state has different issues regarding teaching. Down to ever county, city, school district.

    In my state, yes its been impossible in just about every district to push this change. And its because the teachers dont want it and the union actively fights against it. It would eliminate the break period for teachers, and require less staff.


    If you don't want your statements to be easily refuted, don't make easily refutable statements. You're the one that said, and I quote, "teacjers[sic] constantly push against... block periods..." I didn't make you say they "constantly push against them." The post you were replying to didn't even bring them up. This one is all on you, champ.

    What I gave you is the national union explicitly not pushing back on it. That doesn't mean every school everywhere wants it, but it's certainly not teachers "constantly pushing against it" as you directly said. How you know what "just about every district in your state" is doing is beyond me, but at this point retreating to things that can't be verified seems your best course of action here.


    "It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

  14. #329
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    49,797
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    We should up their pay then right?

    More pay = better policing!

    Derrrrrpppppp!!!!

    Its amazing how you guys dont see the contradiction you make in the same thread.
    Sure!

    How much more would you say we have to pay cops before they stop murdering black people?

    It's amazing how you don't see etc. etc.


    "It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

  15. #330
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    49,797
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    This is what happens though. Hyper focus on a fake stat i just clearly made up.

    I swear lefties treat teachers like righties treat cops.

    Teachers are these great human beings who want to make society better and people more educated!

    While on the right cops are all outstanding citizens who put their life on the line to protect the innocent.

    Jesus, grow up.
    Again, since this apparently has to be spelled out to you more than once: The issue was not the exact numbers you used. The issue was the fact that you made it up entirely. You have zero idea the ratio of good to bad teachers, but you had zero hesitation in saying the bad massively outweighed the good. Your hyperbole isn't the problem, your point is. How many more times do you think I'll have to say that before you get it?

    Speaking of growing up, fun straw men you made there.


    "It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •