Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 214
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    12,031

    2023 Draft Thread

    Considering the Raptors it looks like they could be in the lottery for this upcoming draft, it has you guys on most mock draft boards picking 9th in the 2023 NBA Draft so that being said players I've seen mocked to the Raptors:

    Ausar Thompson (SG) (Overtime Elite)
    Baba Miller (SF) (Florida State/Spain)
    Jett Howard (Michigan)/son of NBA legend Juwan Howard

    Brandon Miller (SF) (Alabama)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15,215
    Bottom 7 now. Tied with OKC. Orlando is only two games back. Softer stretch in the schedule ahead though. I'm hoping some decisions get made soon and they get ahead of the market a bit.

    It isn't just lottery balls for Wemby. Other good prospects at the top of this draft too.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    12,031
    Now has the Raptors at 6th in mocks and now it has y'all taking Gregory Jackson (PF)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    5,042
    They need MULTIPLE draft picks to hit to be good. League caught up.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15,215
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    They need MULTIPLE draft picks to hit to be good. League caught up.
    Yes please. My thoughts too. I'm ready for for a big change. Can't keep relying on guys like Flynn, Banton, Achiuwa, Koloko, etc to be the next wave. Lets get better picks and more picks please.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15,215
    Loss to Knicks.
    Win by OKC.
    Win by Chicago.
    Win by Charlotte
    Win by Spurs.
    Twolves looking at a win.
    Lakers and Hawks must yield a winner.

    The movement further into high draft pick territory is going well tonight

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    12,031
    Y'all should tank for Victor Wembanyama or Scoot Henderson at this point because y'all ain't going nowhere

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    12,031
    At this point it may be that time to think about the Draft

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15,215
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    At this point it may be that time to think about the Draft
    Started a while ago. I love draft season though. Regardless where we pick.

    Cason Wallace, Nick Smith Jr, Both Thompson brothers, Brandon Miller, Cam Whitmore..... tons of exciting young talent to sift through.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    5,042
    Scoot is the best guard prospect I've ever seen. It's not even his athleticism. The advanced reads he makes at his age is just incredible. There are all-star guards in this league that can't make those reads.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    17,124
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Scoot is the best guard prospect I've ever seen. It's not even his athleticism. The advanced reads he makes at his age is just incredible. There are all-star guards in this league that can't make those reads.
    *cough* Fred *cough*
    Scoot/OG/Barnes/Siakam/Poertle
    That team is a bench away.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15,215
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Scoot is the best guard prospect I've ever seen. It's not even his athleticism. The advanced reads he makes at his age is just incredible. There are all-star guards in this league that can't make those reads.
    I didnít mention him. He is a home run selection for whomever drafts second. He is pretty special. He has the speed and handles that reminds me of some of the dynamic young guards on the NBA (Maxey, Garland, Morant), but offers more as a pure playmaker. Not quite the size as some of those guys though.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    5,042
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I didnít mention him. He is a home run selection for whomever drafts second. He is pretty special. He has the speed and handles that reminds me of some of the dynamic young guards on the NBA (Maxey, Garland, Morant), but offers more as a pure playmaker. Not quite the size as some of those guys though.
    Yeah but he's long and has a better frame than a lot of these guys.

    Brandon is pretty hyped but I caught a couple games wasn't impressed. Great shooter though.

    I really hope we get some late firsts. There are a lot of Dyson Daniel types.
    Last edited by ecart; 01-23-2023 at 07:38 PM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15,215
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Yeah but he's long and has a better frame than a lot of these guys.

    Brandon is pretty hyped but I caught a couple games wasn't impressed. Great shooter though.

    I really hope we get some late firsts. There are a lot of Dyson Daniel types.
    I feel like I hope we get more picks every year. You get more misses, but some really good NBA players come late every draft. I'd love us to have more opportunities to find those guys. Who are some of the late first round targets that you'd like? I haven't watched much beyond the lottery projected players yet.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    5,042
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I feel like I hope we get more picks every year. You get more misses, but some really good NBA players come late every draft. I'd love us to have more opportunities to find those guys. Who are some of the late first round targets that you'd like? I haven't watched much beyond the lottery projected players yet.
    baba and rayan

    I dont think good scouting teams miss that much. like yeah you might not get an all-star all the time but you still get good rotation players which you can possibly consolidate and wheel and deal. I dont think it is as much as a crap shoot as some make it out to be.

    I think first round guys just have a higher floor and a greater base of talent/potential to develop. Expecting undrafted guys/reclamation projects to develop into useful rotation pieces is too much to ask.

    im just tired of the FO picking up david johnsons and stanley johnsons and expecting to make something out of them.
    Last edited by ecart; 01-24-2023 at 12:47 AM.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •