Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Perk claims "Anthony Davis the most skilled PF ever. Carry on"

Thoughts?

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    He’s not wrong….
    Right? He clearly didn't say best so we can throw names like Duncan, KMalone, and Barkley out because they couldn't shoot. We can throw Dirk out because he wasn't an athlete or top defender.

KG is the first that comes to mind from the "best" list that also fits "skilled" because he had the ball handling passing and mid-range game.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

I think McHale is the guy I would pick when it comes to "skilled". Young Larry Johnson could do it all. Of course Harry "the horse" Gallatin

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

He's just not. He's the worst passer of all the "great PFs", and I mean easily the worst because we haven't gotten to the past prime AD yet. Also, think I saw a stat that AD is literally the worst jump shooter in the NBA the last few years. He shoots, he's NOT a shooter. Just because he shoots 3s does not mean he's a better shooter than any of the other guys. Does he have the bank shot Duncan had? Does he have the left/right handed hook Duncan did? That kind of stuff takes skill. He's not as good of a defender as Duncan/Garnett. Just because he takes some 3's and is probably more athletic (even that's a stretch) than the rest that doesn't make him more skilled. I'd still take Duncan in that category along with Charles and KG. I feel like Dork lacks the defense and Malone lacks the ball handling to be "more skilled" even though both are still better.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I think McHale is the guy I would pick when it comes to "skilled". Young Larry Johnson could do it all. Of course Harry "the horse" Gallatin
    Damn, McHale completely slipped my mind.

Perk claims "Anthony Davis the most skilled PF ever. Carry on"

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Damn, McHale completely slipped my mind.
    McHale had the best footwork in the post up era. I think it’s reasonable to say he had the most moves as a one on one scorer during his prime. He could shoot really well too, just wasn’t asked to. I can’t remember him trying to handle out on the floor but it wouldn’t surprise me if he was like Duncan where he could he just didn’t have to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 12-08-2022 at 01:34 PM.

wasn't there some german dude who played PF for a couple years that deserves this claim?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I once scored 44 baskets in a minute at the "McHale" drill at a bball camp back in 1993...just saying

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    wasn't there some german dude who played PF for a couple years that deserves this claim?
    But Dirk no jump high.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I once scored 44 baskets in a minute at the "McHale" drill at a bball camp back in 1993...just saying
    I once went 17 for 17 from the foul line in a JV game. It was attended by the two teams, refs, a scorer, 2 girlfriends, a set of parents, and one janitor. Glory days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vQpW9XRiyM

I once went 17 for 17 from the foul line in a JV game. It was attended by the two teams, refs, a scorer, 2 girlfriends, a set of parents, and one janitor. Glory days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vQpW9XRiyM
    of course you were a grinder that lived at the line...

Doesn’t seem like an outrageous claim.

Chris Bosh.

Dude is lanky and athletic. His skill level isn't elite. If you compare him to Duncan what does he have over Duncan in a skill level?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast