Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    He likely replaces Rizzo so that’s a net-nothing in terms of lineup balance, just fwiw
    He currently plays 3B in Japan, but is a better 1B. So, he might play 3B the first year and then transition to 1B when Rizzo's contract is up. He could take after other big giant hitters like Miggy in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    He currently plays 3B in Japan, but is a better 1B. So, he might play 3B the first year and then transition to 1B when Rizzo's contract is up. He could take after other big giant hitters like Miggy in that regard.
    True, Day seems to say they project more as a 1B but maybe he could play 3B for us. But that fantasy lineup had us signing Correa for 3B already so that sport wouldn’t be open (unless Volpe or Peraza flop and we have an open spot there).

But all fantasy lineups so #signeveryone as Leo would say

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Oh ****!! I forgot he's in the rotation!!

**** Rodon

Cole
    Otahni
    Sevy
    Nestor
    Montas
    That starting 5 healthy and pitching like they should is filthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Well, Judge will end his career a Yankee by all signs... which with his contract is both good and bad.. good.. for the next 4-5 years I can see Aaron being just what we expect.... but for years 6-9... that contract may be the latest version of the Ellsbury deal or even ARod (except his was signed when he was younger... but the last few years all of use would have loved to see it go).. even Jeter's last few years were horrid deals.. So unless we strike lightning.. we're probably seeing another one of those.. Oh well.. as long as the next 5 are good. I can live with it..

I expect our SS will probably be a kid.. Peraza and Cabrera were both up at the end of the year and looked good ad both can be SS... so why not? Add in Volpe and we have enough reason to stay internal... LF, I'd like to see someone signed there... and Rodon would look good too... so we'll have to see... Bader will probably be the CF and he looked good in limited play last year.. but I still think it was foolish to move Monty (and he had a really good finish in STL to end the year)

Sadly, Boone will be back... I have better shell scripts but we'll have to put up with him... I wonder whose backside he's kissing.. Cashman or higher up... or both.. or all... who knows..

Quote Originally Posted by evilemplover View Post
    Well, Judge will end his career a Yankee by all signs... which with his contract is both good and bad.. good.. for the next 4-5 years I can see Aaron being just what we expect.... but for years 6-9... that contract may be the latest version of the Ellsbury deal or even ARod (except his was signed when he was younger... but the last few years all of use would have loved to see it go).. even Jeter's last few years were horrid deals.. So unless we strike lightning.. we're probably seeing another one of those.. Oh well.. as long as the next 5 are good. I can live with it..

I expect our SS will probably be a kid.. Peraza and Cabrera were both up at the end of the year and looked good ad both can be SS... so why not? Add in Volpe and we have enough reason to stay internal... LF, I'd like to see someone signed there... and Rodon would look good too... so we'll have to see... Bader will probably be the CF and he looked good in limited play last year.. but I still think it was foolish to move Monty (and he had a really good finish in STL to end the year)

Sadly, Boone will be back... I have better shell scripts but we'll have to put up with him... I wonder whose backside he's kissing.. Cashman or higher up... or both.. or all... who knows..
    what do people worry about what happens to a player 7 8 or 9 years from now we may not even be alive!! by then it is not our money just enjoy judge for the next 5 years and maybe we will win a title..

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    what do people worry about what happens to a player 7 8 or 9 years from now we may not even be alive!! by then it is not our money just enjoy judge for the next 5 years and maybe we will win a title..
    For the rest of us who don't have one foot in the grave just yet, we'd like to enjoy more than 5 years.

Hal couldn't lose him and in the end Judge kept his word and gave Hal the last chance. What else Judge got in that deal was a whole lot of eff you power over Cashman. Cashman didn't want to pay him that much or pay him for that long and Hal chose Judge over Cashmans objections. With that captain C and that he's coming back despite his dislike for Cashman, not because of Cash, he's going to get his opinion asked about personnel decision
    going forward. Hal promised him they would make improvements and they will.

I would be kinda surprised at this point if they don't get Rodon at this point. I think that will probably be there only big FA signing.

I don't think they sign Benintendi. LF is actually every complicated for them. With Dominguez tearing a hole through AA, he reset his clock and could be a legit option in LF by the end of the yr, but more likely early 24. Dom isn't a CFer at the MLB level, so with Judge locked into RF, they have a tough decision in LF next yr. You either go stop gap with a Happ, Conforto or Brantly. If you want to go long term, they should just use Dom as a piece to get that LFer in Reynolds. He gets a 3yr audition or he's actually looking for an extension and you could lock him up cheap. McCarthy from AZ would be a middle of the road option with big upside. I don't think they make that decision till later in the winter

If Judge wants to go young up the middle, I think we'll see Torres get moved. If Judge wants him to stay, I think he will.

Hicks will be moved and atleast one of IKF and JD will be moved

I hated that Monty/Bader deal until i saw him play, especially in the playoffs. That might have been Cashman second best trade behind Trevino last yr. Kids the best defensive CFer in baseball and can handle the bat. I love him now and hope they extend him
    NYYNEW-TV Prospect Analyst

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Hal couldn't lose him and in the end Judge kept his word and gave Hal the last chance. What else Judge got in that deal was a whole lot of eff you power over Cashman. Cashman didn't want to pay him that much or pay him for that long and Hal chose Judge over Cashmans objections. With that captain C and that he's coming back despite his dislike for Cashman, not because of Cash, he's going to get his opinion asked about personnel decision
    going forward. Hal promised him they would make improvements and they will.

I would be kinda surprised at this point if they don't get Rodon at this point. I think that will probably be there only big FA signing.

I don't think they sign Benintendi. LF is actually every complicated for them. With Dominguez tearing a hole through AA, he reset his clock and could be a legit option in LF by the end of the yr, but more likely early 24. Dom isn't a CFer at the MLB level, so with Judge locked into RF, they have a tough decision in LF next yr. You either go stop gap with a Happ, Conforto or Brantly. If you want to go long term, they should just use Dom as a piece to get that LFer in Reynolds. He gets a 3yr audition or he's actually looking for an extension and you could lock him up cheap. McCarthy from AZ would be a middle of the road option with big upside. I don't think they make that decision till later in the winter

If Judge wants to go young up the middle, I think we'll see Torres get moved. If Judge wants him to stay, I think he will.

Hicks will be moved and atleast one of IKF and JD will be moved

I hated that Monty/Bader deal until i saw him play, especially in the playoffs. That might have been Cashman second best trade behind Trevino last yr. Kids the best defensive CFer in baseball and can handle the bat. I love him now and hope they extend him
    i hope the yankees are not deluded in thinking oswaldo and hicks can fell the left field spot

I can agree.. Hicks and either Torres and/or JD need to be moved. SS I can see them using the kids... they played well for us, why not... Rodon would be great and replace the LHP we moved for Bader... Yes, Monty was not Randy Johnson.. but he has always been a stable starter and being LH was never bad in the stadium... LF, I think they need to decide on something there.... Benitendi is one that I like.. yes, he got hurt though it wasn't really his fault (wasn't it a broken bone from a foul ball... pure accident)... but he is the kind of hitter we need.. contact guy... much like DJL... still, word is he don't want to come back here making it moot.. still, need someone out there.. though Judge could probably play there (Really good RF and solid CF...), for some reason the Yanks from Boone and the FO won't consider it... We still also have Stanton who is also a plus RF... so We're good there... just need LF filled and I don't see the youngsters filling that role at this point.

I can agree.. Hicks and either Torres and/or JD need to be moved. SS I can see them using the kids... they played well for us, why not... Rodon would be great and replace the LHP we moved for Bader... Yes, Monty was not Randy Johnson.. but he has always been a stable starter and being LH was never bad in the stadium... LF, I think they need to decide on something there.... Benitendi is one that I like.. yes, he got hurt though it wasn't really his fault (wasn't it a broken bone from a foul ball... pure accident)... but he is the kind of hitter we need.. contact guy... much like DJL... still, word is he don't want to come back here making it moot.. still, need someone out there.. though Judge could probably play there (Really good RF and solid CF...), for some reason the Yanks from Boone and the FO won't consider it... We still also have Stanton who is also a plus RF... so We're good there... just need LF filled and I don't see the youngsters filling that role at this point.
    beni has no interest in resigning with the yanks he prefers to be in the midwest,,

Quote Originally Posted by 7chuck7 View Post
    Waste of good money. In six years he will be be in the announcers booth with Paulie and Coney. He hit 62 home runs and got booed by ahole fans. Who are really not fans. Watch what happens when he only hits 45 every year. The beer bottles will be sailing into the outfield. They signed him to sell tickets and Judge jerseys. They don't give a rat's *** about winning the W.S. or Boone and Cashman would be long gone. Sad.
    This is a family forum. You shouldn’t talk about throwing beer bottles on the field. What if Carlton were to read this and threw one at Judge. Would you like that on your conscience?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    On the other hand, if you go into a free agent negotiation with a set dollar amount ad don't deviate from it, you will likely come in third every time. Take Judge's contract. Padres at $400 Million, SF at $360 Million and Yankees did not want to go higher than $320 Million.
    Yankees came up from $320 Million to $360 million and got Judge, instead of finishing in third place.
    Wanna hear something bat shite crazy about the Padres offer? it was going to be 430m over 14yrs. They we're willing to sign Judge to play till he was 44yrs old. Absolutely asinine, just like the Xander deal.

If Judge had excepted that deal from the Dads, MLB was going to rule it invalid because it was an effort to circumvent the LT thresholds by manipulating the AAV. That would have been wild if Judge excepted that deal and the MLB voided it the next day.

As far as Judge goes, between merchandising, jersey sales ect Judge made the Yankees over 80m last yr. What he brings in more than covers the value of his deal. It was reported that the Yanks made an extra 20M above expectations, due to Judges HR race, just in the last home stand.

Sure, 9yrs is probably 1-2yrs longer than we would ideally want. That said, compared to the other long term deals signed this winter, Judges looks like the best of the bunch. Giving those SS deals past their 40th BDays is absolutely crazy IMO
    NYYNEW-TV Prospect Analyst

No way the MLB could void a deal where a guy is getting paid over 30M a year lol. It’d have to be an asinine length to do that.

These long term silly deals by SD and SF are really teams mortgaging tomorrow for today.. and I'm willing to be that none of those GM's expect to be around when those players crack age 35 and become the contract albatross. Age 35 is the area that without the PED's.. players routinely become shells of themselves. Even the Babe only lasted a few more years and he was gone. There are a handful of exceptions... Nolan Ryan, Satchel Page... the Niekro brothers (but they were knucklballers... getting old made the ball dance even more.).. but they were few... I don't expect many to go very far beyond before they become dead weight on the teams salaries. Judge may last a few seasons more... but I'm not putting a $5 bill on it.. because I can't tell any more than any of the GM's...

Brian maybe many things... but he's not stupid... the Yanks have not had a losing season under his watch.. and I don't see that changing soon... and only doing 9 years on Aaron.. he'll probably have dead salary.. but not to the degree other teams will.. and Brian's team has the backing to handle it... some of those others don't...

These long term silly deals by SD and SF are really teams mortgaging tomorrow for today.. and I'm willing to be that none of those GM's expect to be around when those players crack age 35 and become the contract albatross. Age 35 is the area that without the PED's.. players routinely become shells of themselves. Even the Babe only lasted a few more years and he was gone. There are a handful of exceptions... Nolan Ryan, Satchel Page... the Niekro brothers (but they were knucklballers... getting old made the ball dance even more.).. but they were few... I don't expect many to go very far beyond before they become dead weight on the teams salaries. Judge may last a few seasons more... but I'm not putting a $5 bill on it.. because I can't tell any more than any of the GM's...

Brian maybe many things... but he's not stupid... the Yanks have not had a losing season under his watch.. and I don't see that changing soon... and only doing 9 years on Aaron.. he'll probably have dead salary.. but not to the degree other teams will.. and Brian's team has the backing to handle it... some of those others don't...
    who cares what owners pay for star players.. would you rather judge not be on the yankees. if judge was gone i would not watch as many yankee games next year. and with judge gone the yanks probably wont even make the playoffs next year tv ratings would drop by a lot it would be bad for yankee business not having judge.. hal understands that. that is why he paid judge.

9 years from now some of us fans might not even be alive. to say i told you so giving judge that money was a bad idea..enjoy him for now. and what he brings the team maybe we will get lucky and win a world series for a change been a long time already.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast