Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 55

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    111,563

    Mets sign Verlander 2 years 86.8 million dollars

    https://twitter.com/mikemayer22/stat...1nkmB8ENbUDB7w


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    111,563
    https://twitter.com/martinonyc/statu...1nkmB8ENbUDB7w


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    111,563
    https://twitter.com/jeffpassan/statu...1nkmB8ENbUDB7w

    If Passan says it, then it must be true.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    111,563
    https://twitter.com/jeffpassan/statu...1nkmB8ENbUDB7w


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    11,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I like it. I like it a lot. This is how you react to losing your, when healthy, ace. Now get a solid #2. I like the Japanese guy

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    8,860
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    I like it. I like it a lot. This is how you react to losing your, when healthy, ace. Now get a solid #2. I like the Japanese guy
    I agree. If they lock down Senga. Rotation would be looking good

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    52,916
    Sounds like a done deal if Passan is reporting it. I like it for 2 years. Dont know what the vesting option is but I am sure he has to finish with a certain amount of innings and if he finishes in the Cy Young discussion in 2024.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    26,098

    Verlander to the Mets

    Letís ****ing go. Heís my favorite pitcher of all time and I preferred him (as a person at least) to deGrom.

    This is awesome.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Letís ****ing go. Heís my favorite pitcher of all time and I preferred him (as a person at least) to deGrom.

    This is awesome.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Be honest . He is not your favorite pitcher of all time . You just want to see Kate Upton at Citifield !!!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,152
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Letís ****ing go. Heís my favorite pitcher of all time and I preferred him (as a person at least) to deGrom.

    This is awesome.

    You preferred verlander who will be 40. Last year is last year and he struggled in playoffs. Now two old guys who coukd breakdown or struggle again come post season if they get there.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    a

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    35,872
    Quote Originally Posted by 68METSFAN View Post
    a
    What's the alternative? Be like sure we won 101 games last year but we shouldn't compete this year? Sounds like a plan. Are we really this mad we went out and got the reigning cy young winner after losing our second ace? Seriously?

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,152
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    What's the alternative? Be like sure we won 101 games last year but we shouldn't compete this year? Sounds like a plan. Are we really this mad we went out and got the reigning cy young winner after losing our second ace? Seriously?

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Of course compete. However, you do nit have a sherzer and verlander of years ago. You now have to top pitchers who are old and the Mets need to get younger not older. People are thinking verlander repeats what he did last year. Letís hope so but do nit whine if either one or both break down and loose time.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    35,872
    Quote Originally Posted by 68METSFAN View Post
    Of course compete. However, you do nit have a sherzer and verlander of years ago. You now have to top pitchers who are old and the Mets need to get younger not older. People are thinking verlander repeats what he did last year. Letís hope so but do nit whine if either one or both break down and loose time.
    He's the best pitcher in the market and it wasn't close. If you even think Rodon was in the same stratosphere as him, you don't watch baseball. Yes we love Rodon because of stuff, age, and potential. But Verlander had highest upside for immediate future and lowest floor due to years of contract.

    DeGrom is great but even he had more questions than JV

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    11,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Be honest . He is not your favorite pitcher of all time . You just want to see Kate Upton at Citifield !!!

    I wonder what else is going on at the winter meetings

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    1,395
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    I wonder what else is going on at the winter meetings
    I read this morning the Mets have contacted Benintendi.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •