Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Baker Mayfield released

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...baker-mayfield

He will likely be picked up as a backup despite how bad he has been.

SF are the big favorites, but I'm not so sure. He is a broken mess right now and would have to learn the offense; too much baggage for a team trying to make a SB run.

LAR would be the best fit for him. McVay is more than capable of fixing him and they could be in need of a bridge QB for a rebuild; Stafford could very well call it a career after this season.
    Last edited by d.m.g.; 12-05-2022 at 07:02 PM.

Lmao, damn. Maybe SF picks him up?

Lol the 49ers have to hop on this

I wouldn't touch him if I'm SF. They need a game manager not a game sabotager

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

SF definitely needs to sign him. Was he good for Carolina? No, he wasn't even average. But in the SF offense he should be able to be successful and he already knows McCaffrey. Seems like a no brainer and maybe Carolina is doing him a solid here with the assumption that SF could use him.

Or maybe they know how bad he is and thinks them signing Mayfield could make their draft compensation better from the CMC trade lol

75 percent chance he ends up in SF. No way he asks out without having some interest to go there. It's really up to sf to reciprocate interest.

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Lol the 49ers have to hop on this
    I think someone will claim him off waivers before San Fran gets a shot at him.

I hope he goes to San Francisco

Hes gonna be a Ram I bet. Staff is on IR, they are 4th on the waiver, and by taking him they don't have to worry about the one-in-a-million chance that he goes to SF and doesn't suck.

I'm onboard with my "Baker didn't want to be in Carolina and was sucking on purpose" theory. Asked to be released. Hopes to go to the 49ers and ball out.

Rams I guess have little to lose since they don't have their own pick. Winning games doesn't hurt the team.
    2021 - 2026
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Rams are the perfect spot for Baker.

I have more faith in Purdy than Baker. Baker is a sabotager. At least with Purdy you know there can't/won't be an ego there so he will do exactly what the coach wants

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Pre draft rumor mill had the Pats very interested. Maybe they take a flier with Mac Jones showing tons of regression? Then again, offensive players seem to be on the verge of a mutant against the unqualified offensive coaching staff and even through the Zappe hype it never seemed Mac lost the locker room, so maybe drumming up more of a QB controversy isnít a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Pre draft rumor mill had the Pats very interested. Maybe they take a flier with Mac Jones showing tons of regression? Then again, offensive players seem to be on the verge of a mutant against the unqualified offensive coaching staff and even through the Zappe hype it never seemed Mac lost the locker room, so maybe drumming up more of a QB controversy isnít a good idea.
    I heard that too.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast