Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

What's in store for Yanks at Winter Meetings?

November 30th, 2022
    Bryan Hoch

If Brian Cashman owned a magic wand, the Yankees’ general manager has said, the club would have held a news conference to celebrate a long-term extension for Aaron Judge at Yankee Stadium weeks ago. The Winter Meetings in San Diego would be an acceptable second choice for that announcement.

Three years after rattling the baseball landscape by agreeing to a massive deal with ace Gerrit Cole, the Yankees will return to the hallways of the Manchester Grand Hyatt this coming week, hoping to learn that Judge will accept their invitation to continue playing in the Bronx for the better part of the next decade.

https://www.mlb.com/news/yankees-win...s-preview-2022

Sell the Team, HAL!

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    November 30th, 2022
    Bryan Hoch

If Brian Cashman owned a magic wand, the Yankees’ general manager has said, the club would have held a news conference to celebrate a long-term extension for Aaron Judge at Yankee Stadium weeks ago. The Winter Meetings in San Diego would be an acceptable second choice for that announcement.

Three years after rattling the baseball landscape by agreeing to a massive deal with ace Gerrit Cole, the Yankees will return to the hallways of the Manchester Grand Hyatt this coming week, hoping to learn that Judge will accept their invitation to continue playing in the Bronx for the better part of the next decade.

https://www.mlb.com/news/yankees-win...s-preview-2022
    i have very low expectations since cashman is still gm they will resign judge and do minor moves...

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    i have very low expectations since cashman is still gm they will resign judge and do minor moves...
    Surprise, surprise! When have you had anything but low expectations?

Sell the Team, HAL!

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I won't be surprised if nothing happens. What I would like to happen and what I think will happen are very different.

I feel like this team is just stuck in the mud. They can't get out of their own way. I would love to see them sign Judge, move on from Hicks, JD, Torres, add a lefty hitting LF, a starter and a couple good RP but I suspect we will see more, "under the radar" type of deals.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post

I feel like this team is just stuck in the mud. They can't get out of their own way. I would love to see them sign Judge, move on from Hicks, JD, Torres, add a lefty hitting LF, a starter and a couple good RP but I suspect we will see more, "under the radar" type of deals.
    This is exactly what needs to happen. Eat as much of the JD and Hicks contracts as necessary to give them away. Addition by subtraction. Torres will get us a very nice pitcher or some high quality specs that we could move for Reynolds. Sign a starter and we're good to go.
    POPS - Crotona Park - 1952

What I expect is the typical, "we looked into every top available player and made good offers, we were in it until the end, but just weren't able to strike a deal. The asking price was just over what we were willing to offer."

This is pretty much what we have heard for years now.

I expect mediocrity or less.