Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Keep in mind I was paraphrasing. He mentioned there were some execution issues but Tua absolutely took the blame for the poor performance. Just mentioned that there were something that didnít work right as a whole but he absolutely has to be better.

This was the exact opposite of the Zach Wilson presser.
    Okay, sounds better.

Some of MM's perspective:
    Mike McDaniel: We are pretty used to Tua being extremely accurate. Heíll be pretty hard on himself. Guys were a little off in general, collectively.
    Mike McDaniel: They do a good job on defense. It is one of the best units in football. So when you get opportunities you have to take advantage of them and that was not the case today.
    Mike McDaniel: It should hurt.
    Mike McDaniel says he knows the 49ers have an lot of confidence in Brock Purdy and he played well. Mike also wishes they could have forced some more turnovers.
    Mike McDaniel says ďIíll get better.Ē
    On the 4th and 1 call from their own 19 down 6, Mike McDaniel says he had a play he really liked and he had no fears about the second-guessing he knew heíd face if it didnít work

To put this game into perspective for the season. Our playoff chances went from 90% to 87% with this loss. Just need to beat the Chargers and Pats and it's a lock pretty much. Going into this season I just wanted to look solid, making the playoffs would be well past what I had hoped for.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    To put this game into perspective for the season. Our playoff chances went from 90% to 87% with this loss. Just need to beat the Chargers and Pats and it's a lock pretty much. Going into this season I just wanted to look solid, making the playoffs would be well past what I had hoped for.
    I agree. I'm just disappointed because this game looked more attainable than I thought. Like if we had played decently I really feel like we would have taken it down to the wire and possibly won. I would not have thought that a few weeks ago. I admit, I find myself thinking "what if we had won". We'd be tied with KC right now. Unimaginable a month ago.

McDaniel spoke to reporters. Hereís some highlights.

Said the team has been working on signing Fisher for a few weeks. Has nothing to do with Armstead potentially missing time.

On the topic of Armstead, he said he was very close to playing and that he has a good shot to play this week. Armstead is optimistic about playing this week.

The team will play it safe with Tua and the ankle but he does not expect any setbacks and thinks he will play.

Waddle told reporters he will play this week.

McDaniel said guys were pressing a few times yesterday. This is me saying it but I think itís important to remember that a lot of this team is still young. This team hasnít been battle tested yet.

In the first half we had guys open and there was plenty of time to throw. For 3 quarters Tua was horrible. We should of scored 20 in the first half. If we beat the Niners I would of been thinking a shot at 1st place.

I am going to put out my guarantee. Teams now have game film on Purdy and a week to practice against him. Nobody will be screaming Purdymania at the end of the season.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456