Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    I good news is that Sacramento's FO is much worse than ours. How can you trade Tyrese Haliburton? The dude is going to be a stud. He already outplayed everyone except AD in just his second year. Great decision maker and court awareness. Never plays out of control.

If anyone cares, the times that Bennedict Mathurin was doing his most damage, was when Lebron was assigned to him. I know the kid is only 20 and a rookie but he is averaging 19 points a game. No one was paying any attention to him. Focusing on Hield and Turner is all good but they are not the best players on that team. It's the two young kids. It's Mathurin and Haliburton.
    I think the Kings moved him because he was their most valuable asset and he was not really improving. He's a bit Malcolm Brogdon. A good player but with a ceiling close to where he was.

The Kings are a joke no question ... I'm not sure they are worse than Pelinka/Paul

blams is going to be busy until LeBron retires.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    blams is going to be busy until LeBron retires.
    We went through it with Kobe in his last years so nothing new for us. I just don't want to waste ADs prime years with this nonsense. Plus we probably need another coach if championship is our goal. I'm sure NPH would love this comment.
    It would have to be a sign and trade and it would kick in the hard cap so we can't do it.

Signed Mcallen Tex for the 1000th time

I kind of hope Lebron retires after this year and saves himself even more embarassment from his own obstinance. He will have the all time scoring record most likely so at least he will have that. The rest of the time he will be stat padding so he would be considered the GOAT. What the **** was our FO thinking extending him?
    It would have to be a sign and trade and it would kick in the hard cap so we can't do it.

Unfortunately it's going to be AD going up to Lebron and telling him to defer to AD since that was the plan after all. AD looks up to him and it's difficult to be the alpha when it's not in your nature and also having a older really good friend that you have to give a reality check to. If Lebron continues this, then he probably would be traded. I don't think our FO is THAT stupid (I am probably wrong) to waste ADs prime years on Lebron showing the world if he can still do it.

Where is Dr. Buss when you need him, because he would have sat Lebron down and given him the honest hard truth on his limitations.

And honestly, if Lebron continues to not use his teammates properly during the game, then it's going to be on him. Our team was gelling and playing well for 3 quarters. There was no need for him AND Westbrook to start isoing and chuking up shots. Westbrook's went in mostly but Lebron's did not. And with a sprained ankle, at that age, Lebron should know better on trying to blow by a person half his age without using a pick. His ego is getting in his own way. It's very frustrating.
    You know I'm not an LBJ fan and yes he screwed the pooch last but IMO it's on AD. I'm very positive that LBJ is ready to pass the torch to AD but AD doesn't take it.

I kind of hope Lebron retires after this year and saves himself even more embarassment from his own obstinance. He will have the all time scoring record most likely so at least he will have that. The rest of the time he will be stat padding so he would be considered the GOAT. What the **** was our FO thinking extending him?
    His arrogance will never let him walk away until he plays with Bronny unless his body totally fails, and even if it does he will opt in and drag it out an extra year.

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    You know I'm not an LBJ fan and yes he screwed the pooch last but IMO it's on AD. I'm very positive that LBJ is ready to pass the torch to AD but AD doesn't take it.
    AD has always been a little soft, but I don't think LeBron really will take a step back unless everything works great immediately. As soon as something stumbles in the offense he'll grab the ball and try to be LeBron again.

AD has always been a little soft, but I don't think LeBron really will take a step back unless everything works great immediately. As soon as something stumbles in the offense he'll grab the ball and try to be LeBron again.
    I think he's at that stage "in life" where he's looking for comfort. Not looking to lead, hold others accountable, just wants to play. I think he's been ready to pass that torch to AD. I see LBJ looking to AD like Riley looks to Spoelstra, a protegé.

AD is deffering to Lebron and even Westbrook. That's true. But it's tough when those players are first ballot HOFs and you have to give them a reality check. Not everyone is built that way to confront them. But I agree. AD has some fault in there.

I'll give you an example. One of my commanders I admired like hell. He was a God to me when I was in my 30s. And also like a father figure. He knew it too. He had a mild heart attack when he was in Germany on some military reason I don't know, and he was never the same. I covered for him for a couple of years on some of his mistakes and could not get the courage to tell him. Many people told me that I should be the one to break it to him but I still couldn't. I told them that it would break my heart if I did. Best example I have. I realize the relationship of Lebron and AD is different but you get my point.

His arrogance will never let him walk away until he plays with Bronny unless his body totally fails, and even if it does he will opt in and drag it out an extra year.
    Unfortunately I agree. He doesn't care if he brings down the most storied franchise in the NBA with him either. Someone has to make some tough decisions next year if this keeps going. I say stand pat this year and not make any major moves. Next offseason we have the capability to get 2-3 good players and keep a couple from this year like Reaves and Walker. Schroeder and Bryant are good bench players but not starter material.

Side note: I wonder if Ham will change the starting lineup and start Reaves. Reaves and Walker have good defensive chemistry.

We've come to the crossroads where playing with LBJ is bad for AD, without LBJ Davis establishes himself as a top 3 player in the league. Playing with LBJ, Davis defers and becomes just a stat machine. I don't think AD will ever "not" defer to LBJ
    AD is deffering to Lebron and even Westbrook. That's true. But it's tough when those players are first ballot HOFs and you have to give them a reality check. Not everyone is built that way to confront them. But I agree. AD has some fault in there.

I'll give you an example. One of my commanders I admired like hell. He was a God to me when I was in my 30s. And also like a father figure. He knew it too. He had a mild heart attack when he was in Germany on some military reason I don't know, and he was never the same. I covered for him for a couple of years on some of his mistakes and could not get the courage to tell him. Many people told me that I should be the one to break it to him but I still couldn't. I told them that it would break my heart if I did. Best example I have. I realize the relationship of Lebron and AD is different but you get my point.
    This is why I said the above. In order for AD to become his best version of himself he has to get out of his comfort zone. He's very comfortable playing with LBJ.

This is why I said the above. In order for AD to become his best version of himself he has to get out of his comfort zone. He's very comfortable playing with LBJ.
    A lot of people are like that. It's tough to break from the norm. I think that Ham should decrese Lebron's minutes forcing AD to be the man. I'm guessing with Lilard not playing against us next game, Lebron will probably sit too. My favorite duo this year with AD has been Walker. With his athletisism he has been our best finisher. Both those guys should be utilized a lot more often.

I gave you an example of my situation in the past. It's tough man. You respect the hell out of a guy and it's tough to tell him that you are the alpha now. It's harder than you think and it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with being the best of yourself.

Don't worry. My son has already let me know who is alpha. At ten years old last week, he told me "Hey Dad, you are pretty old and you are bald and fat so it's time to just pack it in and call it a day." LOL I laughed pretty hard. He was joking but I know he will challenge me later in life and I welcome it. I get what you are saying though. I would prefer my son to challenge me instead of being complient and just taking my word for anything.
    Last edited by WhiteShadow42; 11-29-2022 at 06:42 PM.

this should've been a win. Not sure why LBJ was not more assertive in the final 2 minutes of the game or so. Not necessarily in taking shots, but in just asking for the ball and running the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    this should've been a win. Not sure why LBJ was not more assertive in the final 2 minutes of the game or so. Not necessarily in taking shots, but in just asking for the ball and running the offense.
    20 years in the league with a spained ankle. Ham also read the situation incorrectly. Seeing that Lebron didn't have it, he should have had Reaves run a high pick n roll with AD setting the pick and Lebron at the corner. Instead he had Westbrook do it. It's time to realize that our HOF playmakers are not superstars level anymore. At least not yesterday.

We've come to the crossroads where playing with LBJ is bad for AD, without LBJ Davis establishes himself as a top 3 player in the league. Playing with LBJ, Davis defers and becomes just a stat machine. I don't think AD will ever "not" defer to LBJ
    A lot of people are like that. It's tough to break from the norm. I think that Ham should decrese Lebron's minutes forcing AD to be the man. I'm guessing with Lilard not playing against us next game, Lebron will probably sit too. My favorite duo this year with AD has been Walker. With his athletisism he has been our best finisher. Both those guys should be utilized a lot more often.

I gave you an example of my situation in the past. It's tough man. You respect the hell out of a guy and it's tough to tell him that you are the alpha now. It's harder than you think and it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with being the best of yourself.

Don't worry. My son has already let me know who is alpha. At ten years old last week, he told me "Hey Dad, you are pretty old and you are bald and fat so it's time to just pack it in and call it a day." LOL I laughed pretty hard. He was joking but I know he will challenge me later in life and I welcome it. I get what you are saying though. I would prefer my son to challenge me instead of being complient and just taking my word for anything.
    If AD is not gonna take the lead then we're just gonna be stuck as a middle of the pack team. If that's the case then just get rid of em borh

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast