Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 50
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    47,002

    Playoff picture!

    As it stands, the Jets would be the 7th seed.

    Remaining games fore legit contending teams. I put them in what I see as the order of toughest to weakest

    Bengals-Chiefs, Browns, Bucs, Pats, Bills, Ravens
    Phins- 49ers, Chargers, Bills, Packers, Pats, Jets
    Bills-Pats, Jets, Phins, Bears, Bengals, Pats
    Pats-Bills, Cardinals, Raiders, Bengals, Phins, Bills
    Jets- Vikings, Bills, Lions, Jags, Seahawks, Phins
    Chargers- Raiders, Phins, Titans, Colts, Rams, Broncos
    Titans-Eagles, Jags, Chargers, Texans, Cowboys, Jags
    Chiefs-Bengals, Broncos, Texans, Seahawks, Broncos, Raiders
    Ravens-Broncos, steelers, Browns, Falcons, Steelers, Bengals

    I think the Ravens, chiefs and Titans will win their divisions.
    Bengals schedule is brutal.
    Phins, Bills and Pats are on par with one another.
    Jets have a tougher road than the Chargers.

    I think that is the Jets race is the Jets, Chargers and Bengals.

    I think 10 wins should get them in. 11, definitely does.



    Ignorance is bliss

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,809
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    As it stands, the Jets would be the 7th seed.

    Remaining games fore legit contending teams. I put them in what I see as the order of toughest to weakest

    Bengals-Chiefs, Browns, Bucs, Pats, Bills, Ravens
    Phins- 49ers, Chargers, Bills, Packers, Pats, Jets
    Bills-Pats, Jets, Phins, Bears, Bengals, Pats
    Pats-Bills, Cardinals, Raiders, Bengals, Phins, Bills
    Jets- Vikings, Bills, Lions, Jags, Seahawks, Phins
    Chargers- Raiders, Phins, Titans, Colts, Rams, Broncos
    Titans-Eagles, Jags, Chargers, Texans, Cowboys, Jags
    Chiefs-Bengals, Broncos, Texans, Seahawks, Broncos, Raiders
    Ravens-Broncos, steelers, Browns, Falcons, Steelers, Bengals

    I think the Ravens, chiefs and Titans will win their divisions.
    Bengals schedule is brutal.
    Phins, Bills and Pats are on par with one another.
    Jets have a tougher road than the Chargers.

    I think that is the Jets race is the Jets, Chargers and Bengals.

    I think 10 wins should get them in. 11, definitely does.
    Thanks for putting this together, it’s been a very long time since we talked about playoffs
    Chargers pulling it out late Sunday May haunt us. ZW blowing both games vs the Pats will certainly haunt us

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    11,690
    If the Patriots win 10 games, it likely means we need 11 to get in. We ****ed up not benching Zach in that second Pats game. Could have had a shot at winning that one.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    47,002
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    If the Patriots win 10 games, it likely means we need 11 to get in. We ****ed up not benching Zach in that second Pats game. Could have had a shot at winning that one.
    And the worst part? If the Bills end up winning the division and have clinched a specific berth, they coulee rest starters in the final game which is vs the Pats.

    If the Jets are a true playoff team, they should get there. The Vikings and Seahawks are good but beatable. I just don't think they beat either the Bills or Phins twice this year, so those 4 games need to be wins to be certain.



    Ignorance is bliss

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    And the worst part? If the Bills end up winning the division and have clinched a specific berth, they coulee rest starters in the final game which is vs the Pats.

    If the Jets are a true playoff team, they should get there. The Vikings and Seahawks are good but beatable. I just don't think they beat either the Bills or Phins twice this year, so those 4 games need to be wins to be certain.
    Who do we root for tonight? I want them both to lose

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    11,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Cummings View Post
    Who do we root for tonight? I want them both to lose
    Definitely root for the Bills since the Pats hold the tiebreaker against us and the Bills are most likely to finish ahead of us anyway

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    47,002
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Definitely root for the Bills since the Pats hold the tiebreaker against us and the Bills are most likely to finish ahead of us anyway
    Thank you Bills!



    Ignorance is bliss

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,809
    It’s looking REALLY tough now after back to back losses
    ESPN has a very cool simulator http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

    From several scenarios I ran, Jets have to go 3-1, but 1 of those 3 wins must be week 18 vs the Dolphins

    Pats are still in it, but have tough games vs the Bengals and Bills who I think will both be playing for something (Bills #1 seed). Pats/Dolphins game week 17 might be very interesting. Hopefully by then we’re cheering for the Pats to help us
    Chargers are very much in the drivers seat with very winnable games vs Colts, Rams, and Broncos.
    Dolphins will also be scary, we have to hope next week’s matchup with the Bills in Buffalo is a loss and of course week 18 vs us is a loss to beat them out

    Buffalo, KC, Tennessee, Ravens, Bengals all have a playoff spot. Of the last two spots, I think the Chargers have the highest likelihood

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,809
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    It’s looking REALLY tough now after back to back losses
    ESPN has a very cool simulator http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

    From several scenarios I ran, Jets have to go 3-1, but 1 of those 3 wins must be week 18 vs the Dolphins

    Pats are still in it, but have tough games vs the Bengals and Bills who I think will both be playing for something (Bills #1 seed). Pats/Dolphins game week 17 might be very interesting. Hopefully by then we’re cheering for the Pats to help us
    Chargers are very much in the drivers seat with very winnable games vs Colts, Rams, and Broncos.
    Dolphins will also be scary, we have to hope next week’s matchup with the Bills in Buffalo is a loss and of course week 18 vs us is a loss to beat them out

    Buffalo, KC, Tennessee, Ravens, Bengals all have a playoff spot. Of the last two spots, I think the Chargers have the highest likelihood
    Pretty much what I said, that Dolphin game is critical

    https://twitter.com/michael_nania/st...3AYt1FVrOnkvUA

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    47,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Pretty much what I said, that Dolphin game is critical

    https://twitter.com/michael_nania/st...3AYt1FVrOnkvUA
    Yeah. I think the Jets need to go 3-1.



    Ignorance is bliss

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    899
    Chargers will run the table… no chance. Who really cares when regardless who starts we have a huge passing attack disadvantage compared to all the other contenders

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,809
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmagic387 View Post
    Chargers will run the table… no chance. Who really cares when regardless who starts we have a huge passing attack disadvantage compared to all the other contenders
    Pretty sure we have the best pass defense, or at least near the top

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    240
    Good results for Jets today with Pats and Titans losing. If Dolphins lose tomorrow we have a real shot if we win out

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    240
    I think we root for the Raiders tonight. Raiders play 49ers and chiefs to close out the season

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,809
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Cummings View Post
    I think we root for the Raiders tonight. Raiders play 49ers and chiefs to close out the season
    I believe we should have been rooting for the Steelers…Well, somehow the Raiders lost and I believe everything fell the Jets way. I’m sure White won’t recover and the Grinch (ZW) will ruin Christmas
    Last edited by Larry M; 12-25-2022 at 12:50 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •