Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Here's an optimistic question, If White does become a legit FQB, what do you do with ZW?

Trade him or keep him as the backup and hope he learns how to play?

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Here's an optimistic question, If White does become a legit FQB, what do you do with ZW?

Good question. Perhaps trade him for a 3rd round pick.

I am sure no one thought Brady had the talent to be a FQB. 6th round pick... Back up to Bledsoe at best...

I looked up White's combine scouting report. These are the first comments regarding his Strengths

Arm talent is the first thing you notice
    Former high school pitcher with 90 MPH fastball who can crank up that heat when he needs to
    Has good drive accuracy
    Able to push the ball into tight windows
    Has velocity and accuracy to attack the middle of the field
    Can alternate between heat and touch
    Throws catchable deep ball and has ability to drop it over a cornerback's head down the sideline

The cons were heavy footed, slow, plodding takes too much time to throw, slow to process.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/mike-w...7-015862958e61

If he's learned to process the defense and is a quick reader? He could absolutely be a FQB.
    We will know by the end of the year if he is or isn't
    Interesting that hes developed to be a quick processor of the game. Maybe we truly do have the guy

Depends on the cap impact and compensation. Id move on in the right circumstances, but keeping him on the bench and learning the basics of the game over 2 years might be what he really needs

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Depends on the cap impact and compensation. Id move on in the right circumstances, but keeping him on the bench and learning the basics of the game over 2 years might be what he really needs
    I totally agree. I would keep him as the back up.

Ignorance is bliss

As bad as Zach has been, he absolutely should not have been playing up to this point. There are guys who can step right in, others that can't. Wilson was/is obviously not ready. He should have held the clip board for 2yrs. But nobody has patience anymore. Gotta get them on the field immediately and it just crushes some guys confidence. Would Brady be who he is if he had to play for the Lions? I honestly doubt we even know who he is if that was the case.

I am sure no one thought Brady had the talent to be a FQB. 6th round pick... Back up to Bledsoe at best...

I looked up White's combine scouting report. These are the first comments regarding his Strengths

Former high school pitcher with 90 MPH fastball who can crank up that heat when he needs to
    Has good drive accuracy
    Throws catchable deep ball and has ability to drop it over a cornerback's head down the sideline

The cons were heavy footed, slow, plodding takes too much time to throw, slow to process.

If he's learned to process the defense and is a quick reader? He could absolutely be a FQB.
    I'm noy saying he is definitely a FQB, but I am saying why couldn't he be.
    I believe in Mike White, more than I did in what Zach Wilson had to offer.

I just find it funny that Mike White's biggest doubters are the same people that pumped up Zach Wilson.

Has good drive accuracy

I didn't know he was a pitcher, but I've said it before and it holds true.
    I like football QBs that play baseball, particularly those who pitched.

MW sat back, held the clipboard and worked his azz off the way QBs use to do.
    He's earned this opportunity.
    And I hope he succeeds.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    I didn't know he was a pitcher, but I've said it before and it holds true.
    I like football QBs that play baseball, particularly those who pitched.

MW sat back, held the clipboard and worked his azz off the way QBs use to do.
    He's earned this opportunity.
    And I hope he succeeds.
    Hell yes.
    And if he does, I hope ZW holds the clipboard and learns how to play and has success because of that.

Ignorance is bliss

Mike White at 27 is a late bloomer. Hopefully, he can keep it going. As for those who didn't like him, his own history showed him with bad reviews of his performance. Otherwise, he would never have been cut by Dallas and/or been demoted to 3rd string on Jets or demoted to practice squad, etc. Now that he's in there, I'm happy for the guy and encouraged that he could be very good.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    As bad as Zach has been, he absolutely should not have been playing up to this point. There are guys who can step right in, others that can't. Wilson was/is obviously not ready. He should have held the clip board for 2yrs. But nobody has patience anymore. Gotta get them on the field immediately and it just crushes some guys confidence. Would Brady be who he is if he had to play for the Lions? I honestly doubt we even know who he is if that was the case.
    But you can blame Joe Douglas for a lot of that and here's why:

When Zach Wilson was drafted last year #2 overall, who were the only QB's on the roster at that time? James Morgan and Mike White, 2 guys that had never played one regular season game in their careers. Were you really going to sit Zach Wilson for either one of those two guys? It was even the same thing with Mark Sanchez when he was drafted 5th overall; your backup QB's were Mark Brunell and Kellen Clemens. Are you really going to start either of them over a guy you traded 2 draft picks and 3 players for? In both cases, there was no one backing them up that could put "real pressure" on them to perform well. Joe Douglas from day 1 basically just handed the job to Zach Wilson just like Rex basically handed the job to Sanchez when anyone with half a brain cell knew neither were prepared for opening day starts.

Secondly, you aren't drafting a guy 2nd overall to hold a clipboard for 2 years. If you are, you as a GM A) need to be fired on the spot, or B) Trade down and find something else.

I hope Mike White does well, but it is another perfect example of how Jets fans think. They are so accustom to losing and not having things go right that they will latch on to any little thing that is positive. People talk about Mike White's performance against the Bengals, and then gloss over his 4 INT performance against a real defense in Buffalo.

Too many people want to put Mike White in the HOF after 1 game, just like a lot of people think Rex Ryan was a great coach.
    Eichel Tower

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    But you can blame Joe Douglas for a lot of that and here's why:

When Zach Wilson was drafted last year #2 overall, who were the only QB's on the roster at that time? James Morgan and Mike White, 2 guys that had never played one regular season game in their careers. Were you really going to sit Zach Wilson for either one of those two guys? It was even the same thing with Mark Sanchez when he was drafted 5th overall; your backup QB's were Mark Brunell and Kellen Clemens. Are you really going to start either of them over a guy you traded 2 draft picks and 3 players for? In both cases, there was no one backing them up that could put "real pressure" on them to perform well. Joe Douglas from day 1 basically just handed the job to Zach Wilson just like Rex basically handed the job to Sanchez when anyone with half a brain cell knew neither were prepared for opening day starts.

Secondly, you aren't drafting a guy 2nd overall to hold a clipboard for 2 years. If you are, you as a GM A) need to be fired on the spot, or B) Trade down and find something else.

I hope Mike White does well, but it is another perfect example of how Jets fans think. They are so accustom to losing and not having things go right that they will latch on to any little thing that is positive. People talk about Mike White's performance against the Bengals, and then gloss over his 4 INT performance against a real defense in Buffalo.

Too many people want to put Mike White in the HOF after 1 game, just like a lot of people think Rex Ryan was a great coach.
    I love Joe D but I agree about having ZW sit. I would have loved a vet to start and make ZW earn his spot.

Ignorance is bliss

Last year didn't the Bengals and their not real defense go to the super bowl, while buffalo and their real defense didn't?

Also it just wasn't the cincy game, he started off the indy game well before injury.

But that's just like some jets fans, they love negativity so much that they can't comprehend anything good that happens to the team.

Hell yes.
    And if he does, I hope ZW holds the clipboard and learns how to play and has success because of that.
    I like the position he had last game.
    He stays there until he understands how to be a QB.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    I like the position he had last game.
    He stays there until he understands how to be a QB.
    100%.
    I still think they should have Steveler ready to go

Ignorance is bliss

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast