Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 108
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    12,487
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Did u see the slow motion replay? You don't think that could have been picked off? It was not above the defenders hands at the peak of his jump.
    That was the camera angle.
    The ball was actually past the defender.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    46,989
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    250yds?
    ZW?

    Kinko, you've seen ZWs past 2 games.
    You're trying to hard to be optimistic on his behalf.

    Realistically, we don't even know if we sneak out a win with him.
    It easily could have turned into a very low scoring dogfight, that maybe we win, maybe we don't.

    I'm not convinced the offense is even remotely impressive under ZW against the bears.
    And there's nothing we've seen in the last few games to support otherwise.
    I am being optimistic for sure but we have seen him throw for 300 yards. Much of that was leg work by the WRs but I think he could have put up a decent game.

    Now with that said, what he doesn't do is get the ball out because he isn't decisive but you know who dies and is? And because of that who had a very low pressure rate?

    Trevor Lawrence: 2.35s / 19.0% pressure rate
    Tom Brady: 2.38s / 17.4% pressure rate
    Mike White: 2.38s / 10.0% pressure rate

    Dan Orlovsky might have been onto something with his comments about knowing the playbook. White knew where guys would be and who would be open, as quickly as Brady. That's fast.



    Ignorance is bliss

  3. #78
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Earfffff
    Posts
    36,104

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    46,989
    So true
    Thanks for posting that.



    Ignorance is bliss

  5. #80
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Earfffff
    Posts
    36,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    So true
    Thanks for posting that.
    Puts a lot into perspective given all the adversity (read: injuries) we’ve suffered to key players. Also shows what a great job JD and his guys have done identifying talent, as well as Saleh and staff’s development (aside from Zach lol).

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    46,989
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    Puts a lot into perspective given all the adversity (read: injuries) we’ve suffered to key players. Also shows what a great job JD and his guys have done identifying talent, as well as Saleh and staff’s development (aside from Zach lol).
    This is why I love them. Even if Joe D has whiffed on ZW, I don't care. Look at the team he's been building! This core group has the potential to be special.
    I am a huge proponent of build the team and then get the QB. Many feel the other way. My logic is just what we are seeing. If you build a great team, the QB is important but he becomes a complimentary piece.
    Now if you draft a young QB with a team like this and he knows he only needs to do his job, I think he has a better chance of developing. There is also the potential to get a high caliber vet, who likes the style of team you have.
    When you put a young QB into the position of needing to be the savior, it is a very risky scenario. some can flourish. Many do not.



    Ignorance is bliss

  7. #82
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Earfffff
    Posts
    36,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    This is why I love them. Even if Joe D has whiffed on ZW, I don't care. Look at the team he's been building! This core group has the potential to be special.
    I am a huge proponent of build the team and then get the QB. Many feel the other way. My logic is just what we are seeing. If you build a great team, the QB is important but he becomes a complimentary piece.
    Now if you draft a young QB with a team like this and he knows he only needs to do his job, I think he has a better chance of developing. There is also the potential to get a high caliber vet, who likes the style of team you have.
    When you put a young QB into the position of needing to be the savior, it is a very risky scenario. some can flourish. Many do not.
    Honestly, Joe put himself in a position to address both at the same time due to the flexibility he created with picks and cap space. If only Gase didn’t win those 2 meaningless games, we would have our FQB too

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    12,487
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    Honestly, Joe put himself in a position to address both at the same time due to the flexibility he created with picks and cap space. If only Gase didn’t win those 2 meaningless games, we would have our FQB too
    We just might have a FQB, just not who you thought.

    I laugh when people say Zach Wilson is more talented than Mike White, because Baker Mayfield is more talented than Tom Brady has ever been.
    Who would you rather have?
    Who is the FQB?
    Talent means nothing unless it's displayed properly within its context.

    People are trying to write MW off saying but the Buffalo game......
    Ok,
    I saw him throw for 400+yds against the Cincinnati Bengals.
    They were in the freaking Super Bowl last year.

    Point being, you can win with Mike White and you can win because of Mike White.
    Never has anyone said that of Zach Wilson.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    12,487
    Good stuff!!!

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,806
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Did u see the slow motion replay? You don't think that could have been picked off? It was not above the defenders hands at the peak of his jump.
    I did, multiple times. It was well past the defender.
    Nice optical illusion though, but it wasn’t close

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,806
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    That was the camera angle.
    The ball was actually past the defender.
    Thank you

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,806
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I am being optimistic for sure but we have seen him throw for 300 yards. Much of that was leg work by the WRs but I think he could have put up a decent game.

    Now with that said, what he doesn't do is get the ball out because he isn't decisive but you know who dies and is? And because of that who had a very low pressure rate?

    Trevor Lawrence: 2.35s / 19.0% pressure rate
    Tom Brady: 2.38s / 17.4% pressure rate
    Mike White: 2.38s / 10.0% pressure rate

    Dan Orlovsky might have been onto something with his comments about knowing the playbook. White knew where guys would be and who would be open, as quickly as Brady. That's fast.
    And you know that wears down a defense, demoralizing pass rushers

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    We just might have a FQB, just not who you thought.

    I laugh when people say Zach Wilson is more talented than Mike White, because Baker Mayfield is more talented than Tom Brady has ever been.
    Who would you rather have?
    Who is the FQB?
    Talent means nothing unless it's displayed properly within its context.

    People are trying to write MW off saying but the Buffalo game......
    Ok,
    I saw him throw for 400+yds against the Cincinnati Bengals.
    They were in the freaking Super Bowl last year.

    Point being, you can win with Mike White and you can win because of Mike White.
    Never has anyone said that of Zach Wilson.
    Mike White can absolutely be our FQB. Another strong game or two from him is going to create a level of excitement that we haven’t seen in a very long time

  14. #89
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Earfffff
    Posts
    36,104
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    We just might have a FQB, just not who you thought.

    I laugh when people say Zach Wilson is more talented than Mike White, because Baker Mayfield is more talented than Tom Brady has ever been.
    Who would you rather have?
    Who is the FQB?
    Talent means nothing unless it's displayed properly within its context.

    People are trying to write MW off saying but the Buffalo game......
    Ok,
    I saw him throw for 400+yds against the Cincinnati Bengals.
    They were in the freaking Super Bowl last year.

    Point being, you can win with Mike White and you can win because of Mike White.
    Never has anyone said that of Zach Wilson.
    MW can be that guy, but I think we can all agree that we need to see it over the course of several games/rest of the season before we anoint him

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    46,989
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    We just might have a FQB, just not who you thought.

    I laugh when people say Zach Wilson is more talented than Mike White, because Baker Mayfield is more talented than Tom Brady has ever been.
    Who would you rather have?
    Who is the FQB?
    Talent means nothing unless it's displayed properly within its context.

    People are trying to write MW off saying but the Buffalo game......
    Ok,
    I saw him throw for 400+yds against the Cincinnati Bengals.
    They were in the freaking Super Bowl last year.

    Point being, you can win with Mike White and you can win because of Mike White.
    Never has anyone said that of Zach Wilson.
    I am sure no one thought Brady had the talent to be a FQB. 6th round pick... Back up to Bledsoe at best...

    I looked up White's combine scouting report. These are the first comments regarding his Strengths

    Arm talent is the first thing you notice
    Former high school pitcher with 90 MPH fastball who can crank up that heat when he needs to
    Has good drive accuracy
    Able to push the ball into tight windows
    Has velocity and accuracy to attack the middle of the field
    Can alternate between heat and touch
    Throws catchable deep ball and has ability to drop it over a cornerback's head down the sideline

    The cons were heavy footed, slow, plodding takes too much time to throw, slow to process.

    https://www.nfl.com/prospects/mike-w...7-015862958e61


    If he's learned to process the defense and is a quick reader? He could absolutely be a FQB.
    We will know by the end of the year if he is or isn't



    Ignorance is bliss

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •