Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    What is the difference between chewing and eating one is you swallow what you chewed?
    The waiter is plate dominant, the customer is high plate usage.

Gsw plays nothing Like Shaq and Kobe did not even close.

I did not Say Curry was ball dominant What i said was no one won like he did. He is the only player his size to to win without a allstar big man.

The whole idea it was not essential to win with a certain style. And i list a number of players that did not play in the same fashion.

Meaning it have many ways to win and you will lean towards your star player.

It said that Lebron was the only player to do that but i think its not a true statement. Kobe and MJ for one were very ball dominant and were king of ISO. Even Shaq you give him the ball clear out and he goes to work. Obvious he wont bring the ball down the court but once it got there it was sure to find him where he will register the bulk of the team points and no fisher Kobe did not create for him. Then to flip Lebron and wade then KG and Paul. the idea is very very flawed since it have a number of teams that won with ball dominant players.

In a very very short story Lakers won with two ball dominant Players who often had dispute over the ball. Who is the most ball dominant was not the question. 7' feet tall vs 7'1 both very tall people says the 4' man.
    The Warriors run some triangle plays, just like Shaq and Kobe did.

You said (or implied) that high usage is essentially ball dominant. It's not.

You talking about the Warriors, and being mostly wrong, is a tangent. Just drop it.

You are arguing a clear point that was made between 2 other users, "the whole idea" was NOT that it was essential to win with a certain style.

You are 4' tall?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The Warriors run some triangle plays, just like Shaq and Kobe did.

You said (or implied) that high usage is essentially ball dominant. It's not.

You talking about the Warriors, and being mostly wrong, is a tangent. Just drop it.

You are arguing a clear point that was made between 2 other users, "the whole idea" was NOT that it was essential to win with a certain style.

You are 4' tall?
    do you see Curry name?

'Kidd, Nash, AI, Kobe, Harden, Wade, Kyrie, MJ, Johnson, Wilt, Shaq, etc just off the top of my head"

what system did Lebron teams run the square?
    Last edited by ldawg; 11-29-2022 at 04:57 PM.

do you see Curry name?

'Kidd, Nash, AI, Kobe, Harden, Wade, Kyrie, MJ, Johnson, Wilt, Shaq, etc just off the top of my head"
    Oy vey. I brought up Curry to illustrate that usage and ball dominance were not closely connected.

Oy vey. I brought up Curry to illustrate that usage and ball dominance were not closely connected.
    "Last season's Golden State Warriors broke the mold, winning an NBA title by sprinting up and down the court, shooting lots of jumpers and playing at a faster pace than any other team in the NBA.

But where last season's Warriors seemed like Usain Bolt on a basketball court, they wouldn’t come close to keeping up with the track meet that is the 2015-16 NBA season.

Consider…

In 2014-15, the Warriors were the only team to average more than 100 possessions per 48 minutes. In 2015-16, there are 15 teams averaging more than 100 possessions per 48 minutes. Last season's gold medal sprinters from Golden State would rank 12th this season.

There haven’t been this many teams playing this fast since 1990-91, when there were also 15."

Let it go man stop trying to reach. Again i did not say curry was a ball dominance player.

They are very much connected.

If curry made 50 points in catch and shoot vs Kobe, Lebron, MJ, Shaq 50 ponding the ball there is your difference

In all the back and forth who ball dominate the most is a mute point since all players do not play the same role. Its more natural for a player that handles the ball and still ask to score be more ball dominant that say a center.

"Last season's Golden State Warriors broke the mold, winning an NBA title by sprinting up and down the court, shooting lots of jumpers and playing at a faster pace than any other team in the NBA.

But where last season's Warriors seemed like Usain Bolt on a basketball court, they wouldn’t come close to keeping up with the track meet that is the 2015-16 NBA season.

Consider…

In 2014-15, the Warriors were the only team to average more than 100 possessions per 48 minutes. In 2015-16, there are 15 teams averaging more than 100 possessions per 48 minutes. Last season's gold medal sprinters from Golden State would rank 12th this season.

There haven’t been this many teams playing this fast since 1990-91, when there were also 15."
    Why are you still talking about the Warriors. I brought them up to illustrate the point, not to debate their offense.

And when you quote someone link the source of the quote.

Hint no one won like Curry did,
    No one won like MJ did well maybe kobe
    no one won like Shaq did
    No one won like Lebron did
    No one won like Magic did

not sure of the importance?

No i am talking about guys who have the ball and their teammates are spectators. With the exception of few many of these guys that take the bulk of the shots and they are the ones that created that shot. Its a tin line between usage and ball dominance. It also have guys once the ball hit their hands its sticks.

your talking 1 metric and running with it and it dont work like that. What other metrics you use like pace, attempts, type of shot, rebounds, percentages, etc? How long have they been tracking to come to a conclusion this have never been done? when did they start tracking?
    With the exception of LBJ, all of the guys that you mentioned won playing within a certain role in a team-oriented offense. That is important because the entire point was that being super ball dominant typically eliminates or reduces that component of the game. being ball dominant can lead to inflated numbers, but can decrease wining. This was why the point was brought up in regard to Westbrook and Morant and how LBJ is the only guy who has really been able to play like that and still win at the highest level. I'm honestly not sure what you're arguing about here

In all the back and forth who ball dominate the most is a mute point since all players do not play the same role. Its more natural for a player that handles the ball and still ask to score be more ball dominant that say a center.
    the point was simply that being super ball dominant isn't really associated with winning at the highest level. we have LBJ as an example of someone who has done it and no else besides him.

Let it go man stop trying to reach. Again i did not say curry was a ball dominance player.

They are very much connected.
    I illustrated that they were NOT directly connected.

It's "moot point" not "mute".

Shaq and Wilt were not ball dominant, they were high usage.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    With the exception of LBJ, all of the guys that you mentioned won playing within a certain role in a team-oriented offense. That is important because the entire point was that being super ball dominant typically eliminates or reduces that component of the game. being ball dominant can lead to inflated numbers, but can decrease wining. This was why the point was brought up in regard to Westbrook and Morant and how LBJ is the only guy who has really been able to play like that and still win at the highest level. I'm honestly not sure what you're arguing about here
    I don't know that he knows either.

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast