Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 425
  1. #136
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    34,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    I think he's been respectable, but just not the level of difference maker that we need. If we could add another star and keep this team in tact, and maybe add another solid big man rim protector, then sure we would be contenders but we simply dont have the pieces to make that happen and so it seems unlikely. Landing Kyrie could maybe get us there, but let's face it, no team is winning anything with Kyrie being such a loose cannon.
    There was a literally overall grading including offense/defense that I read the other day where he was just under average bench player grade wise. If I see it.again I'll post it here.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  2. #137
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    15,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Definitely. In the playoffs good defense can take a higher percentage of your run plays away and it often comes down to individual brilliance down the stretch. That is where Ja can win games, the problem is, with the ball dominance, comes worse team play overall.
    Completely agree. That's always been one knock I've had against LBJ is that he's been super ball dominant player. It's worked for LBJ because he's an efficient scorer and works well when he has good shooters, and LBJ has obviously proven that he can make it work. I can't really think of other guys who dominate the ball to the extent where they become the entire offensive system who have been able to win at the highest level.

  3. #138
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    13,604
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Were you wearing a bright yellow shirt?
    With a white T underneath

  4. #139
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    13,604
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Lol donít LDawg on us bro by going back and forth. I hear you though. With Lebron and AD itís very tempting to go all in now.
    I can see why and understand if somehow (through LBJ) the FO has some kind of assurance that Kyrie is honestly thinking about coming as long as he can get a specific $ amount. But if they're moving blindly just hoping maybe Kyrie is an option they're just stupid and wasting time.

    I'm always about the all in or all out. If we got that honest hint from Kyrie, going all in with AD and LBJ could be waiting on Kyrie.

  5. #140
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nice
    Posts
    41,473
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    I can see why and understand if somehow (through LBJ) the FO has some kind of assurance that Kyrie is honestly thinking about coming as long as he can get a specific $ amount. But if they're moving blindly just hoping maybe Kyrie is an option they're just stupid and wasting time.

    I'm always about the all in or all out. If we got that honest hint from Kyrie, going all in with AD and LBJ could be waiting on Kyrie.
    I'd rather have Lebron & AD + depth over another attempt at a big 3, Kyrie is a very unreliable player.

    Mamba Forever

  6. #141
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    19,393
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    With a white T underneath
    Lullz.
    It would have to be a sign and trade and it would kick in the hard cap so we can't do it.

    Signed Mcallen Tex for the 1000th time

  7. #142
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    19,393
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    I can see why and understand if somehow (through LBJ) the FO has some kind of assurance that Kyrie is honestly thinking about coming as long as he can get a specific $ amount. But if they're moving blindly just hoping maybe Kyrie is an option they're just stupid and wasting time.

    I'm always about the all in or all out. If we got that honest hint from Kyrie, going all in with AD and LBJ could be waiting on Kyrie.
    Ya. This does have the feel of Kyrie possibly coming. He looks pretty disengaged in Brooklyn. Now if they donít make a trade because he is gun shy? That would be pretty bad. With watching ADs game this year, I donít know if he can play the 4 anymore. Especially on the perimeter. He is built like a 5 now and most of his shots outside of 18 feet are short. I think he should stay at the 5. The way he is playing now, he might even be less injured that way. Somehow we should be looking for a 6í8Ē wing player with great defense and rebounding and ok shot. You might know one out there that might fit the bill. I thing this team will automatically be better without Westbrook even with his better play of late.
    It would have to be a sign and trade and it would kick in the hard cap so we can't do it.

    Signed Mcallen Tex for the 1000th time

  8. #143
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    15,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    I'd rather have Lebron & AD + depth over another attempt at a big 3, Kyrie is a very unreliable player.
    Yep, I want nothing to do with Kyrie

  9. #144
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    44,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Completely agree. That's always been one knock I've had against LBJ is that he's been super ball dominant player. It's worked for LBJ because he's an efficient scorer and works well when he has good shooters, and LBJ has obviously proven that he can make it work. I can't really think of other guys who dominate the ball to the extent where they become the entire offensive system who have been able to win at the highest level.
    Indeed. The top ball dominator's teams tend to flame out before even the finals.

  10. #145
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nice
    Posts
    41,473
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Yep, I want nothing to do with Kyrie

    Mamba Forever

  11. #146
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nice
    Posts
    41,473
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Ya. This does have the feel of Kyrie possibly coming. He looks pretty disengaged in Brooklyn. Now if they donít make a trade because he is gun shy? That would be pretty bad. With watching ADs game this year, I donít know if he can play the 4 anymore. Especially on the perimeter. He is built like a 5 now and most of his shots outside of 18 feet are short. I think he should stay at the 5. The way he is playing now, he might even be less injured that way. Somehow we should be looking for a 6í8Ē wing player with great defense and rebounding and ok shot. You might know one out there that might fit the bill. I thing this team will automatically be better without Westbrook even with his better play of late.
    I approve this post.

    Mamba Forever

  12. #147
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    24,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Completely agree. That's always been one knock I've had against LBJ is that he's been super ball dominant player. It's worked for LBJ because he's an efficient scorer and works well when he has good shooters, and LBJ has obviously proven that he can make it work. I can't really think of other guys who dominate the ball to the extent where they become the entire offensive system who have been able to win at the highest level.
    Kidd, Nash, AI, Kobe, Harden, Wade, Kyrie, MJ, Johnson, Wilt, Shaq, etc just off the top of my head

  13. #148
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    24,739
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Ya. This does have the feel of Kyrie possibly coming. He looks pretty disengaged in Brooklyn. Now if they donít make a trade because he is gun shy? That would be pretty bad. With watching ADs game this year, I donít know if he can play the 4 anymore. Especially on the perimeter. He is built like a 5 now and most of his shots outside of 18 feet are short. I think he should stay at the 5. The way he is playing now, he might even be less injured that way. Somehow we should be looking for a 6í8Ē wing player with great defense and rebounding and ok shot. You might know one out there that might fit the bill. I thing this team will automatically be better without Westbrook even with his better play of late.
    Breaking news this just in AD is better at the 5. Where have you been. The only reason you get a center is for health issues. Key why i said if Lakers give up picks and the main return is a center it may not work and the player may leave as a free agent. Hint why Turner may be a better option that Poetl. Turner to has the same iffy shot but it should be ok to draw his man out and take turns at center. Portl may end up being used like Mcgee and he may not like that. Maybe he might i dint know. But if your going to give up picks you have to be certain they will resign or you will be in a worst situation than you are today in a few months. If they were under contract could always trade. Thats another reason i said a guard might be the best bet since they dont play the same position.

    This is by no means saying its impossible it just comes with very high risk. One can say inconsistent playing both side the fence or what ever nothing is set in stone. That is why you need options. iIf one dont work you go to the other.
    Last edited by ldawg; 11-28-2022 at 07:28 AM.

  14. #149
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    24,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    I'd rather have Lebron & AD + depth over another attempt at a big 3, Kyrie is a very unreliable player.
    Good luck with that. But i do understand the reserve for Kyrie. No question it have risk there. They have been struggling to be a playoff team and James is trying to make history so it will depend on what kind of depth your referring to and could very well be the best option.
    Last edited by ldawg; 11-28-2022 at 07:20 AM.

  15. #150
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    15,717
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Kidd, Nash, AI, Kobe, Harden, Wade, Kyrie, MJ, Johnson, Wilt, Shaq, etc just off the top of my head
    Neither Kidd nor Nash were ball dominant players and they never won a title as stars. Magic was absolutely not a ball dominant player, which is what makes his play making ability all the more impressive (putting up a ton of assists while dominating the ball a ton is not all that different than scoring a lot while taking a ton of shots). Kobe was also not a ball dominant player. He played within the offense and could become ball dominant, but the offense wasn't him dribbling around until he did something (e.g., pass or shoot). Ditto for MJ. Wilt and Shaq were absolutely not ball dominant players (difficult to be ball dominant as a center). Wade was more ball dominant than these guys, but he never won during his most ball dominant phase of his career. When he was playing alongside Shaq, there was an inside-out emphasis and an actual offense that was still being run. When Wade teamed up with LBJ, Wade was no longer able to play that style. Kyrie wasn't really able to be a super ball dominant player alongside LBJ and he has never done anything since. With Kyrie at his most ball dominant, his teams haven't been very good and have often been better without him (e.g., Boston).

    A.I. fits the bill, but he never led his team to a title. Harden is the perfect example of a ball dominant player and also the perfect example of how laughably ineffective that style of play is when games matter (obviously he's never won anything and likely never will as a star, because he stopped being a star a while ago). So yeah, LBJ is really the only clear example.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 11-28-2022 at 11:22 AM.

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •