Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 425
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    44,954
    When talking about players who are winning players and players who put up numbers ... the top stat is infinitely on Caruso's side over Westbrook ... Rings: Caruso 1, Westbrook 0. And Caruso has been on much worse teams on average.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    24,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I disagree if we are assuming health.

    That said nobody should build a team around either of them.
    Healthy he still would...

    . These are just two different class of players. To even make it comparable i have to go with Caruso at his very best and Westbrook at his very worst. Thats like young Bure Bowen telling old Tmac hey i am better than your your over rated. I would just never link the two players. Thats taken a shot at the player for aging and declining.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    24,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    When talking about players who are winning players and players who put up numbers ... the top stat is infinitely on Caruso's side over Westbrook ... Rings: Caruso 1, Westbrook 0. And Caruso has been on much worse teams on average.
    come one man stop it.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    19,393
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    I'm back on the "forget next seasons salary cap and go all in this season trade" train.

    How can I say this without being accused of making a terroristic threat by Idawg, but I don't want to sit around and let someone else stop Boston from #18, I want to roll up my sleeves and take care of them myself.
    Lol donít LDawg on us bro by going back and forth. I hear you though. With Lebron and AD itís very tempting to go all in now.
    It would have to be a sign and trade and it would kick in the hard cap so we can't do it.

    Signed Mcallen Tex for the 1000th time

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    19,393
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    https://youtu.be/xMVxdzo0-oU

    Before COVID the Vipers used to sell seats right behind the players bench, that's me wearing my throwback #8 Kobe jersey right behind the Lakers bench. I went to see Thomas Bryant after his good summer league play. Isaiah Hartenstein owned him that game. Caruso was on the team but didn't play. Sat right in front of me wearing all black. I talked to Travis Wear for a few minutes when he was standing right beside me stretching. GPII was also on the Vipers team.

    They don't sell them seats anymore.
    Were you wearing a bright yellow shirt?
    It would have to be a sign and trade and it would kick in the hard cap so we can't do it.

    Signed Mcallen Tex for the 1000th time

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    44,954
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Lol donít LDawg on us bro by going back and forth. I hear you though. With Lebron and AD itís very tempting to go all in now.
    With the fairly bare cupboard "all-in" is really just the tip.

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    19,393
    I have to admit, without LDawg, our activity here would be halved.
    It would have to be a sign and trade and it would kick in the hard cap so we can't do it.

    Signed Mcallen Tex for the 1000th time

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    44,954
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    I have to admit, without LDawg, our activity here would be halved.
    For me it's fun. Without the losing would Idawg be more ignored?

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    24,739
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/monopoly-...214628162.html sorry off subject

    A game of monopoly need assistance from the nba refs. Man you cant make this up.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    44,954
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/monopoly-...214628162.html sorry off subject

    A game of monopoly need assistance from the nba refs. Man you cant make this up.
    He'll be suspended.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    24,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    He'll be suspended.
    lol

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    15,717
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    That kinda leads into my trade can make this team a contender thought.

    Westy has been a below average bench player. He just isn't atrocious like last season so it feels like he's been solid.




    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    I think he's been respectable, but just not the level of difference maker that we need. If we could add another star and keep this team in tact, and maybe add another solid big man rim protector, then sure we would be contenders but we simply dont have the pieces to make that happen and so it seems unlikely. Landing Kyrie could maybe get us there, but let's face it, no team is winning anything with Kyrie being such a loose cannon.

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    44,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    I think he's been respectable, but just not the level of difference maker that we need. If we could add another star and keep this team in tact, and maybe add another solid big man rim protector, then sure we would be contenders but we simply dont have the pieces to make that happen and so it seems unlikely. Landing Kyrie could maybe get us there, but let's face it, no team is winning anything with Kyrie being such a loose cannon.
    Westbrook has always been able to put up numbers, but he's not going to run the offense or shoot lights out or play decent defense. Ja Morant is an interesting comp ... his team wins more without him but he's a "star" because he is a one man show. Ja seems to be willing to learn and change which is something Russ has resisted through like 8 coaches.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    15,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Westbrook has always been able to put up numbers, but he's not going to run the offense or shoot lights out or play decent defense. Ja Morant is an interesting comp ... his team wins more without him but he's a "star" because he is a one man show. Ja seems to be willing to learn and change which is something Russ has resisted through like 8 coaches.
    There's definitely something to be said about playing a winning style of basketball versus putting up numbers. I think there are levels to winning. I'm not convinced the Grizzlies can win at the same level without Morant as they can with him (and it's a lot different winning the in the regular season than winning in the playoffs), but I think players who dominate the ball too much (which they typically need to do to put up big numbers) typically do so at the expense of playing winning basketball.

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    44,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    There's definitely something to be said about playing a winning style of basketball versus putting up numbers. I think there are levels to winning. I'm not convinced the Grizzlies can win at the same level without Morant as they can with him (and it's a lot different winning the in the regular season than winning in the playoffs), but I think players who dominate the ball too much (which they typically need to do to put up big numbers) typically do so at the expense of playing winning basketball.
    Definitely. In the playoffs good defense can take a higher percentage of your run plays away and it often comes down to individual brilliance down the stretch. That is where Ja can win games, the problem is, with the ball dominance, comes worse team play overall.

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •