Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Jeanie is a LeBron Genie ... he has a good game, she cashes the checks.
    It would have to be a sign and trade and it would kick in the hard cap so we can't do it.

Signed Mcallen Tex for the 1000th time

Careful, it's logic like that that leads to trading draft picks in the far future
    Lullz seriously
    It would have to be a sign and trade and it would kick in the hard cap so we can't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    I prefer Monk, he is younger, seem to be more consistent. He has more sixth man potential than Caruso. Austin is playing better than Caruso.

Caruso reminds me of Luke Walton. One tends to like him even as a below average player. Why we like him? i dont know we just do and really dont have an answer.
    Which Lakers games are you watching? Iím going to regret replying to this post.

And on Westbrook too ... I saw a shove in there.
    context.. player are not robots and will have emotions. no fighting occurred, ball was in play. Collins should face no suspension. Even if he used excessive force he made a play for the ball and it appears he was not aiming to injure the player. If it was up to me no further punishment needed.
    Last edited by ldawg; 11-27-2022 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Well, we are a bad team so we definitely experience contenders regularly beating us lol
    Not so sure the Lakers are bad now. I think a good trade makes them contenders for the west

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Not so sure the Lakers are bad now. I think a good trade makes them contenders for the west

Like trading Lebron?

I prefer Monk, he is younger, seem to be more consistent. He has more sixth man potential than Caruso. Austin is playing better than Caruso.

Caruso reminds me of Luke Walton. One tends to like him even as a below average player. Why we like him? i dont know we just do and really dont have an answer.
    Don't say "we" meaning you and I. I know why I prefer Caruso to Monk. Caruso is a far better overall player and a better team player than Monk. If you want scoring go with Monk, if you want to win go with Caruso. Do you know that Caruso's career numbers are better than Monks in 3FG%, Off Reb, Def Reb, FT Attempts, Steals, Blocks, Assists, Turnovers. And more than that Caruso played great with LeBron, Monk struggled playing with LeBron, Caruso wanted to stay, Monk wanted to leave.

You value FT% and scoring over everything else it seems so it makes sense you prefer Monk.

I will say Monk is younger and has been healthier which is positive.

context.. player are not robots and will have emotions. no fighting occurred, ball was in play. Collins should face no suspension. Even if he used excessive force he made a play for the ball and it appears he was not aiming to injure the player. If it was up to me no further punishment needed.
    Consistent with the inconsistency is still consistent I guess.

I think Bryant and Dennis return helped. Davis have been playing better and Westbrook move to the bench injected some talent there. Nunn is also starting to round into grove. Its a new team and coach so some things they have to keep working on. The biggest issue the last two season have been Davis and Lebron health. So 1 have to see if Davis can stay healthy and Lebron dont hit a wall. If they keep moving in the right direction and make a minor tweak i think they will be OK. Its still to early to say for sure. I still wont trade to picks.

Have you seen said "good trade"?

Contenders for the West means contenders to be the West representative in the finals right? That's a LONG way up from where it is now.

I know you love LeBron like no other, but are you aware that the Lakers have 2 total wins against teams with a winning record, and 4 against teams that are well under .300?

The next 10 games are Pacers, Blazers, Bucks, Wizards, Cavs, Raps, Sixers, Pistons, Celtics, Nuggets ... the Lakers are given a reasonable chance by Vegas in the games against the Pacers and Pistons. So realistically 4-6 in the next 10 with 2 gimmes could be seen as a good result.

I think the West isn't top heavy this year, but I think there are a lot of good and improving teams. I think there is a chance that with a trade the Lakers can make the playoffs and scare some teams ... but there is a LONG way from that to being legit contenders.

Consistent with the inconsistency is still consistent I guess.
    How can it not have some discrepancy?

No way man. I think we might be watching a different group of lakers. We can barely beat the lowly spurs even though they are trying to tank and are not very good.

I really don't think you are great at assessing players man. Caruso is very far from a below average player. He's been injured, but when healthy he is a good rotation player on a championship caliber team. Your issue is that you are looking at the game based on stats, but stats are not great at measuring the impact that guys like Caruso bring. Caruso for example, is light years more impactful than Westbrook has been in the past 3 or 4 years or so. Caruso over Monk is a no brainer and not even close.

Caruso is a vastly superior defender, both on and off the ball and as a team defender, Caruso plays a far better floor game, he's able to actually run an offense, he's a much better decision maker, is a better playmaker, is a much better floor general and is much better at controlling the tempo and rhythm of the game (which is a true pg skill that is rare among most players in today's NBA and is superb-level quality that wins games). Monk is flasher and does the things that are more noticeable better (shootings 3s, scoring, dunking), but which aren't really going to win games on the level of what Caruso brings. Caruso is actually rare. Monk is a decent rotation player. Caruso is a championship level rotation player. Massive difference. That you don't recognize these things calls into question your assessment of basketball players.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 11-27-2022 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    I really don't think you are great at assessing players man. Caruso is very far from a below average player. He's been injured, but when healthy he is a good rotation player on a championship caliber team. Your issue is that you are looking at the game based on stats, but stats are not great at measuring the impact that guys like Caruso bring. Caruso for example, is light years more impactful than Westbrook has been in the past 3 or 4 years or so. Caruso over Monk is a no brainer and not even close.

Caruso is a vastly superior defender, both on and off the ball and as a team defender Caruso plays a far better floor game, he's able to actually run an offense, he's a much better decision maker, is a better playmaker, is a much better floor general and is much better at controlling the tempo and rhythm of the game (which is a true pg skill that is rare among most players in today's NBA and is superb-level quality that wins games). Monky is flasher and does the things that are more notable better, but which aren't really going to win games on the level of what Caruso brings. That you don't recognize these things calls into question your assessment of basketball players.
    Maybe i sould not say below avg he is solid in the right situation. Yes when healthy i forgot about that part. Thing is he is 28 so what you see is what you got. Good rotation player i agree but he wont compete for 6th man. What i like about Caruso over Monk is his defense thats it. He is sneaky athletic but so is Monk. Monk seem like a better shooter as well. One key for me is Monk still have more room to improve.

The reason i mentioned Ausin is playing better than him is Austin pretty much playing his role. Austin is just in his second season. I know it just a sample size but seem to already surpass Caruso in certain areas. For that I like Monk in that 6th man role as Walker starts. I dont think Caruso plays that role better than monk does.

To be honest is disrespectful to put Caruso and Westbrook in the same sentence.
    Last edited by ldawg; 11-27-2022 at 04:48 PM.

Maybe i sould not say below avg he is solid in the right situation. Yes when healthy i forgot about that part. Thing is he is 28 so what you see is what you got. Good rotation player i agree but he wont compete for 6th man. What i like about Caruso over Monk is his defense thats it. He is sneaky athletic but so is Monk. Monk seem like a better shooter as well. One key for me is Monk still have more room to improve.

The reason i mentioned Ausin is playing better than him is Austin pretty much playing his role. For that I like Monk in that 6th man role as Walker starts. I dont think Caruso plays that role better than monk does.

To be honest is disrespectful to put Caruso and Westbrook in the same sentence.
    Caruso is not 6th man material ... he's starter material.

On the bolded ... yes, to Caruso. Westbrook is possibly the most over-rated, most selfish player of the last quarter century, and that's taking in some pretty darn selfish/over-rated players.

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast