Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Why the **** did Jones try to return it there and not take the free yards

NE blows probably will go 6-6 after Buffalo destroys them.
    Last edited by BSF101; 11-25-2022 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    They legit are calling nothing on the vikings this has been really bad

Sent from my SM-A037U using Tapatalk
    Why are you surprised?

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Why are you surprised?
    It's just odd. Look I know calls are random and the refs aren't on anyone's side but they missed some easy calls that would of changed the game. Slater legit got blocked in the back twice on the same kick off. The kick return the vikings scored on had a bad hold and Mac had a face mask call missed on a big 3rd down in the fourth. I'm not saying the pats would of won cause they made bad plays but man it was just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    It's just odd. Look I know calls are random and the refs aren't on anyone's side but they missed some easy calls that would of changed the game. Slater legit got blocked in the back twice on the same kick off. The kick return the vikings scored on had a bad hold and Mac had a face mask call missed on a big 3rd down in the fourth. I'm not saying the pats would of won cause they made bad plays but man it was just bad.

There were bad calls that went the Patriots' way, too, though. There was a pretty blatant hold on one Pats' TD, 12 men on the field, false starts, a couple PIs that generally get called....and from my view, the Mac 'face mask' was shoulder pad.

Stuff happens every game because officials can have bad plays just like players can...they just have the ability to go back and correct some. But some are just subjective, too...
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Hunter Henry caught the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post

Thats a negative

If you cant beat them, join them

Then so did Jesse James.

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    Thats a negative

Nope it was. It went over the line.

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

That should have been a catch for Henry IMO. Possession and turn over the goal line should constitute a football move IMO.

It hit the ground and he bobbled it.

If you cant beat them, join them

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    That should have been a catch for Henry IMO. Possession and turn over the goal line should constitute a football move IMO.
    Catch

Catch

I thought it was a catch too.

The rule book 100% says it wasn't a catch. The eye test 100% says it was a catch.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Maybe Iím seeing something different than everyone else or maybe Iíve been so indoctrinated by NFL officiating but seemed a clear no catch to me. I never doubted that theyíd overturn it. I was more annoyed with the missed facemask on the play against Mac JonesÖ not that it was some egregious or malicious play but it was just incredibly blatant and something that they normally call religiously. But whatever, they let MIN go up and down the field, stalled on offense in key spots, committed back breaking special teams miscues. Our red zone offense is downright pathetic so weíd probably end up with a field goal anyway if they call the facemask.

So much chatter about a play that was a 4 point difference (TD vs FG) in a game that was decided by 3 points. I guess maybe Kirk Cousins would have field more pressure or whatever down 4 vs tied, but MIN has crushed it in 1 score games this year. I have no more faith that our offense goes down the field if only down 3 on the last drive vs down 7.

The Pats just donít have any playmakers on that team. Stevenson looks like he will be at that level one day and Judon has the gaudy sack totals to get him there (all around game isnít as great though), but there isnít another player on the team that is a serious pro bowl talent, never mind an all pro. Their high end talent has to be one of the worst teams in the league. Usually even the worst teams in the league have some amount of great players. The Pats have basically none.

When you get in those close games against good teams, sometimes itís just as simple as your guy needs to make a play that heís not supposed to. I go back to last years playoff game against the Bills on that early drive where Jordan Poyer stopped them from tying it early with an unbelievable play to cover basically half the field and pick it off in the end zone to really shut us down early from even having a shot. Jefferson last night made a few ridiculous catches that you just have to shake your head at. Against the Ravens earlier this year the Pats played probably their best game for 3 quarters before Lamar Jackson just single handedly ran through them in the 4th. The Pats just donít have any/many options for guys who can give you plays like that.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast