Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 27 of 27
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    39,574
    Quote Originally Posted by d.m.g. View Post
    No chance in Hell Carolina starts Baker next season; he is absolutely awful.
    They've started Cam, Darnold and PJ Walker the past few years. For as poorly as Baker had played, he's miles better than those three losers.

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    16,112
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    They've started Cam, Darnold and PJ Walker the past few years. For as poorly as Baker had played, he's miles better than those three losers.

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Hes by far the worst of that entire group. You clearly didn't watch him at all this year. He straight up can't deliver a catchable pass. Baker isn't miles better than any QB, and this year he might genuinely be the worst in the league even among backups.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,438
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    They've started Cam, Darnold and PJ Walker the past few years. For as poorly as Baker had played, he's miles better than those three losers.

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Cam, Darnold, and PJ have all played better than your boy Baker.

    Baker is complete ****ing garbage that was hid in Cleveland by their scheme and he still threw a ton of picks. The guy is not a NFL QB.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    20,314
    It's weird how Baker has become so bad. I think whatever his shoulder injury was really messed with his mechanics. Almost all of his throws in games I have watched tend to nose dive to the ground make it really hard for receivers to catch.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    16,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    It's weird how Baker has become so bad. I think whatever his shoulder injury was really messed with his mechanics. Almost all of his throws in games I have watched tend to nose dive to the ground make it really hard for receivers to catch.
    If a non-throwing shoulder injury is enough to make him that bad he was never going to last.

    I genuinely don't know why Baker is this bad, maybe he's just in his own head or maybe the Browns just really disguised a lot of his problems, but he's been awful despite a pretty strong supporting cast to start the year. He's played as bad as Darnold did in 2021 with a bottom 5 OL, but the 2022 OL is actually pretty good.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    70,905
    My experience with Baker is heís a guy you canít put the game on his shoulders. Heís a guy you ask to make plays, not be a playmaker.

    In 2020 he was great because thatís what they asked him to do. 2021 Stefanski asked him to be a playmaker and it fell apart. Couple that with them killing his confidence by going all out for Watson, Baker likely felt he needed to be Watson like to prove the Browns wrong and itís all downhill.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    12,735
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    If a non-throwing shoulder injury is enough to make him that bad he was never going to last.

    I genuinely don't know why Baker is this bad, maybe he's just in his own head or maybe the Browns just really disguised a lot of his problems, but he's been awful despite a pretty strong supporting cast to start the year. He's played as bad as Darnold did in 2021 with a bottom 5 OL, but the 2022 OL is actually pretty good.
    Yeah it has been weird. Was the Browns coaching secretly really good to make him into a playoff QB? Is Carolina somehow that bad of a fit for him or something? Is Baker just literally not trying so he'll get benched and avoid injury while still getting paid?

    I think it might be the last one? But he might have tanked his value too far. Could see him going to the Jets in the offseason and winning the job there.
    2021 - 2026
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    36,140
    I think bad players sometimes have good years and good players sometime have bad years. Baker has overall been poor but it all came together that one year in Cleveland. Thatís a combination of coaching, talent around him and his own performance. Thereís some inherent variability in how players perform and he had a good year that over the larger sample size of his career is just an outlier.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,101
    Carolina may not have the 2nd overall pick if they keep winning

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    16,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Carolina may not have the 2nd overall pick if they keep winning
    We don't need it, the GEQBUS has been reinstated back into office. #MCGA

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    11,604
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    They've started Cam, Darnold and PJ Walker the past few years. For as poorly as Baker had played, he's miles better than those three losers.

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Well said.
    [SIGPIC]

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    2,711
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Hes by far the worst of that entire group. You clearly didn't watch him at all this year. He straight up can't deliver a catchable pass. Baker isn't miles better than any QB, and this year he might genuinely be the worst in the league even among backups.
    Bakers is 1,609.347x6 meters better than your Darnold. Baker is a winner...just ask Skip!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •