Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Those days are gone and before that the game was non contact. Maybe it may evolve back to that more physical play with big centers.
    We can only hope.

Mamba Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Yeah, these dudes are losing their minds. You'd honestly think that Pat Bev stabbed Ayton or something the way these dudes are reacting lol. Not that long ago, this would've been a tech and no ejections and not long before that nothing wouldve come of this. The refs wouldve broken it up and that would've been that. They're acting like Beverly shoved Ayton off of a 20 foot court lol
    Soft Era

Mamba Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Nostradamus.
    Lullz
    It would have to be a sign and trade and it would kick in the hard cap so we can't do it.

Signed Mcallen Tex for the 1000th time

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    It's funny how some of our fans are more concerned about pat standing up for his teammate than they are about the suns clearly disrespecting and trying to punk us.
    Yep. Some here are totally ok with bullying but they draw the line when someone calls them out for bullying.
    It would have to be a sign and trade and it would kick in the hard cap so we can't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Ok I'm gonna respectfully bow out after all this back and forth. You guys can think I'm crazy for thinking what I think and I'm fine with that! I'm pretty crazy sometimes tbh.

Honestly I don't even hate Pat Bev I just hate undisciplined acts, I'd feel the same way if Bron did it

I will comment on something else: there is no proven causation in scuffles or fights leading to a team winning a game or even shifting momentum

Specifically for NHL there was a study on it and it most definitely would apply to other sports.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Iím guessing if your best friend or a friend you really like was obviously bullied right in front of you, you would just stand there and accept that act of passive aggression because you donít believe in violence. Thatís how some people in society get away with micro aggressive behavior towards a person with lower socieconomic status or a minority and most people stand there with their dicks in their hands because any reaction would be considered an open act of violence but what that person did would get reinforced because of non action. Yes, my statement might be a bit grandiose compared to a game scuffle but itís in the same context.

Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    I wish I had these types of overprotective parents. Will defend me from Pat Bev's pushing and shoving all day lol
    Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Iím guessing if your best friend or a friend you really like was obviously bullied right in front of you, you would just stand there and accept that act of passive aggression because you donít believe in violence. Thatís how some people in society get away with micro aggressive behavior towards a person with lower socieconomic status or a minority and most people stand there with their dicks in their hands because any reaction would be considered an open act of violence but what that person did would get reinforced because of non action. Yes, my statement might be a bit grandiose compared to a game scuffle but itís in the same context.
    Your statement is 100% accurate, if teammates, friends stand for their teammates, friends, the world would probably be better.

Mamba Forever

I admit I didn't read the last 2 pages of bullying, victims, assault and what not, but I'm sure from what I've read that BM is now part of our imaginary team and Idawg isn't.

Not really that is why some societies have better character of people. You dont pass something toxic off as normal because you have seen it more often than you should and have grown use to it. At that point is it normal or have one grown immune to a toxic environment? Let me point at something more simple to grasp the concept. Its normal to to drink a soda with each meal and have other tasty sweet snacks everyday on top of your regular meals. Quite normal right? Its normal to have a high portion of your population overweight and suffer from diabetes. Is consuming a ton of sugar each day normal? if one society dies at a much fast rate vs the other aint one society more toxic? Hey man you to skinny, why you drinking water, you want a soda its normal?

In your example your act will be meet with the same energy. What will be the results in the end?

Pat standing up for a teammate is 100% fine. Its how he did it and the fact that he to does it as well and baits. So yes we all get why he did it. But the NBA have rules for people who lose their cool. That is different than standing up for a teammate. The act comes with consequences. Its not normal to clobber players its against the rules.

Its pretty simple.
    Last edited by ldawg; 11-24-2022 at 10:46 AM.

Now they are waiting to December 15th lol. Next itís January 15th and so on.
    They keep moving the goal posts

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    I admit I didn't read the last 2 pages of bullying, victims, assault and what not, but I'm sure from what I've read that BM is now part of our imaginary team and Idawg isn't.
    Definitely.

Mamba Forever

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Ok I'm gonna respectfully bow out after all this back and forth. You guys can think I'm crazy for thinking what I think and I'm fine with that! I'm pretty crazy sometimes tbh.

Honestly I don't even hate Pat Bev I just hate undisciplined acts, I'd feel the same way if Bron did it

I will comment on something else: there is no proven causation in scuffles or fights leading to a team winning a game or even shifting momentum

Specifically for NHL there was a study on it and it most definitely would apply to other sports.
    What makes you think it was undisciplined? I think it was intentional on his part, and if it's with intent it's not undisciplined. Much like the Suns came with intent.

Not tanking. NBA tanking means purposely losing games, they're not purposely losing games.

In a couple of your last posts you've said we don't have a plan and it doesn't make sense, I'm just pointing out that Kyrie could be the plan. And if he is then these non trades make sense. Not saying I agree with them but if it is indeed the plan then I'm buckling in and going along for the ride.

I know the FA cupboard is bare but it really only comes down to Kyrie. If we can sign Kyrie with a little cash to spare, and still have our full MLE (starting at $11M) and our BAE to go along with a few holdovers we can be looking really good next year. Maybe Poeltl for our MLE and Torey Craig for our BAE.

I think they should do smaller trades that don't affect next summers cap space (like my Detroit idea).
    "Tanking" has a fluid definition. If a team is intentionally not doing all they can to win it's a form of tanking. The Sixers set a higher standard of tanking but it's not the only way. There is also the "in the tank" as in throwing away games or a season form of tanking which would be the Lakers ... they are not tanking TO something since they gain nothing by losing.

I absolutely understand the point being made. I just think (and I think you do too) that this version of the "plan" sucks for this year. I also think it's not a plan that wins a lot of games next year either. I think this "plan" is treading water while cashing in on LeBron's name while trying to save money.

Not tanking. NBA tanking means purposely losing games, they're not purposely losing games.

In a couple of your last posts you've said we don't have a plan and it doesn't make sense, I'm just pointing out that Kyrie could be the plan. And if he is then these non trades make sense. Not saying I agree with them but if it is indeed the plan then I'm buckling in and going along for the ride.

I know the FA cupboard is bare but it really only comes down to Kyrie. If we can sign Kyrie with a little cash to spare, and still have our full MLE (starting at $11M) and our BAE to go along with a few holdovers we can be looking really good next year. Maybe Poeltl for our MLE and Torey Craig for our BAE.

I think they should do smaller trades that don't affect next summers cap space (like my Detroit idea).
    Agree. They do have a plan. If it works out that is a different story but they do have a plan.

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast