Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Yeah, it's odd
    How can a bully call out a bully for bullying? We are talking about Pat here. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    How can a bully call out a bully for bullying? We are talking about Pat here. LOL
    A bully can stand up to a bully

The rules for a sporting event, where physical play is part of the game and used as a strategy, are not the same as rules for governing a society
    I know that but the rules of the game is still off the basic concept. your not allowed to intentionally hit a player. Booker did a sneaky shot which is hard to catch without replay.

Yes pat like to get in your head but. But in no form is running up on a player with the ball not in play pushing them to the ground a strategy lol. That is called a fight cause when i get up we are going at it. call a defensive or offensive foul on the punch your about to get.
    Last edited by ldawg; 11-24-2022 at 11:37 AM.

I know that but the rules of the game is still off the basic concept. your not allowed to intentionally hit a player. Booker did a sneaky shot which is hard to catch without replay.

Yes pat like to get in your head but. But in no form is running up on a player with the ball not in play pushing them to the ground a strategy lol. That is called a fight cause when i get up we are going at it. call a defensive or offensive foul on the punch your about to get.
    Well, in society if someone stands over you when you get hit in the face, it wouldnt be uncommon or unusual for them to get pushed away. But we really shouldn't be talking about rules in society and rules in sports unless it's something way beyond the pale

They dont have that much assets and teams dont deal with Lakers in good faith. Just remember this is the team the League stop the CP3 trade for and the big market team of topics. Its not that easy.
    On your first point you are wrong, the Lakers have plenty of assets and being the Lakers is one of them. On your second point I call BS ... teams deal with the Lakers in good faith because if they cheat one team other teams will expect to be cheated too. The CP3 trade being cancelled had nothing to do with the Lakers and everything to do with a trade organized by Demps when he had no power to make any trade. I admit I was excited about the trade when it got out (though losing Pau and Odom would have sucked some), but it isn't some NBA anti-Lakers conspiracy, the NBA collectively values the Lakers above all other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Definitely.
    Don't know if you ever saw the movie "The Replacements" with Keanu Reeves. Long story short, there was a bar brawl between 1 team vrs the team they replaced. There was a player hiding behind the jukebox during the brawl, that would be Idawg.

Your statement is 100% accurate, if teammates, friends stand for their teammates, friends, the world would probably be better.
    It would have to be a sign and trade and it would kick in the hard cap so we can't do it.

Signed Mcallen Tex for the 1000th time

"That is called a fight.." He said.

LMFAO

Not really that is why some societies have better character of people. You dont pass something toxic off as normal because you have seen it more often than you should and have grown use to it. At that point is it normal or have one grown immune to a toxic environment? Let me point at something more simple to grasp the concept. Its normal to to drink a soda with each meal and have other tasty sweet snacks everyday on top of your regular meals. Quite normal right? Its normal to have a high portion of your population overweight and suffer from diabetes. Is consuming a ton of sugar each day normal? if one society dies at a much fast rate vs the other aint one society more toxic? Hey man you to skinny, why you drinking water, you want a soda its normal?

In your example your act will be meet with the same energy. What will be the results in the end?

Pat standing up for a teammate is 100% fine. Its how he did it and the fact that he to does it as well and baits. So yes we all get why he did it. But the NBA have rules for people who lose their cool. That is different than standing up for a teammate. The act comes with consequences. Its not normal to clobber players its against the rules.

Its pretty simple.
    Ok lol. Clobber.
    It would have to be a sign and trade and it would kick in the hard cap so we can't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by LakeShowAZ View Post
    They keep moving the goal posts
    Yep pretty much

Your statement is 100% accurate, if teammates, friends stand for their teammates, friends, the world would probably be better.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Iím guessing if your best friend or a friend you really like was obviously bullied right in front of you, you would just stand there and accept that act of passive aggression because you donít believe in violence. Thatís how some people in society get away with micro aggressive behavior towards a person with lower socieconomic status or a minority and most people stand there with their dicks in their hands because any reaction would be considered an open act of violence but what that person did would get reinforced because of non action. Yes, my statement might be a bit grandiose compared to a game scuffle but itís in the same context.
    Standing up with actions and words is far more mature than violence lol. Standing up with violence just shows you've no self control.

If the violence comes to you, then by all means. Otherwise there isn't any excuse.

Let's say it is a dad and his son. The dad has shown his lack of self control is more important than being their for his son. If he goes to jail to protect his son for verbal bullying, he is a deadbeat just like any other deadbeat at that point.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    I admit I didn't read the last 2 pages of bullying, victims, assault and what not, but I'm sure from what I've read that BM is now part of our imaginary team and Idawg isn't.
    Yep. BM will be that pesky defender

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Sports have changed, and not all for the bad to be clear. I once got knocked out and woke up on the sideline staring at the sky with the game going on and nobody paying attention to me. Can you imagine that happening now? I played physical enough (within the rules) Moms came out of the stands to complain. Nobody is taking a cheap shot on a teammate of mine, then standing over him, then having a teammate come stand over him too. I'll take the suspension, but you will think twice next time.

It's like the unwritten rules in baseball that get you plunked. I suppose that is assault too by some people's definition, but it's about maintaining and protecting respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I think today if you see bullying you record it on your phone and call the police.
    Lol yep. Just yesterday three young adults were walking down the street. They were around 22-25 years old or so. Rich and white and extremely entitled. Two were guys with average build and the third was a woman. I noticed them walking in a straight a busy area in Little Italy San Diego and weíre forcing people to get out of their way even knocked a kid over. The parents of that kid didnít do anything but were upset. My son was like oh oh, daddy is goi g to do something lol. And I did in a passive way. As both guys were walking towards us I told my wife and son to walk behind me and as they approached I just parted them both to either side of me with a martial arts move that didnít look aggressive and one hit a pole and the other hit a car. Neither one said anything but the family up ahead thanked me. My son told that dad whose son was knocked down, ďthatís how you deal with bulliesĒ and continued to walk with me. I was pretty proud of my son there.

I went to jail for assault later. Just kidding

These dudes are talking about philosophical/ethical points and laws, all over an NBA player being pushed lol
    Lol. I did say my comment was a bit grandiose

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast