Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    KP with 29 points in 15 minutes. Oof.
    to be honest, I haven't watched them more than 5-6 games this year. If they are going to march this product out, no thanks.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I would still make that trade, fyi. The Wiggins situation nearly destroyed the fan base here man.
    I get that, but Russell had fans hating him in a month. It was mostly that he flat didn't fit the Warriors system that is about moving without the ball, pushing the pace, and very little P&R and DLo wants to walk the ball up and run a 2 man game.

I knew Wiggins would work for me just because he was an athletic wing which was something the Warriors were desperate for.

I don't want Durant anywhere near my team.
    Agree

How is calling him 3&D forcing him to be "just a shooter"?
    I get what you're asking, but my point was that he's not a 3D player and the Wolves shouldn't think of him that way, nor attempt to use him like that. They shouldn't even necessarily even think of him as a wing player if it's helpful to pouring him in the best spots. He's a 4/3 rather than a 3/4 in today's league.

Hawkeye's discussion point started off with talking about using the current team's players to their strengths.

I get that, but Russell had fans hating him in a month. It was mostly that he flat didn't fit the Warriors system that is about moving without the ball, pushing the pace, and very little P&R and DLo wants to walk the ball up and run a 2 man game.

I knew Wiggins would work for me just because he was an athletic wing which was something the Warriors were desperate for.
    oh I want DLo gone as well, but without going into the same details yet again, Wiggins had to go under any circumstance possible. He literally was killing the fan base. Or, he and his situation were...

DLo would do the same if we re-sign him. I knew for a fact we would max that waste of life Wiggins, but I am hopeful the Wolves can move him at the deadline, or just understand they can let him walk.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I get what you're asking, but my point was that he's not a 3D player and the Wolves shouldn't think of him that way, nor attempt to use him like that. They shouldn't even necessarily even think of him as a wing player if it's helpful to pouring him in the best spots. He's a 4/3 rather than a 3/4 in today's league.

Hawkeye's discussion point started off with talking about using the current team's players to their strengths.
    yeah they actually should be using Jaden as a cutter who keeps defenses honest. He can shoot ok, but not to the degree you want him parked in the corner as an outlet. If his handles continue to improve, they could also run some catch and go action for him going to the rim as well.

Ultimately, Finch has not figured out how to play Gobert and Towns together. If we are going to play big, then kill the paint and force teams to defend the rim. Stop shooting 40 bombs a night with guys who can't make them at a high enough clip. Defensively, we worried about Towns guarding 4s, and that fear is realized. He can't, and teams will just keep punishing us the same way they have been.

Agree
    I could definitely see Durant returning to the Warriors and carrying the other players to a couple more championships.
    [SIGPIC]

oh I want DLo gone as well, but without going into the same details yet again, Wiggins had to go under any circumstance possible. He literally was killing the fan base. Or, he and his situation were...

DLo would do the same if we re-sign him. I knew for a fact we would max that waste of life Wiggins, but I am hopeful the Wolves can move him at the deadline, or just understand they can let him walk.
    Minny could have easily dump Dlo on Utah after giving up all those draft picks instead of trading usefulplayers like Vanderbilt and Bev. Did Ainge put some spell to accept everything he wants to get Gobert. Just terrible!

Quote Originally Posted by cattusmaru View Post
    Minny could have easily dump Dlo on Utah after giving up all those draft picks instead of trading usefulplayers like Vanderbilt and Bev. Did Ainge put some spell to accept everything he wants to get Gobert. Just terrible!
    I would have loved to send out DLo, and keep Beverley/Beasley.

doc honestly decided it was a good idea to have tucker/thyb/reed in the lineup all at the same time lol. Quickly we went down 17

I would have loved to send out DLo, and keep Beverley/Beasley.
    Any GM would had dumped Dlo on the Jazz after giving up so much in draft capitol but Minny seem to be under some fleecing spell from the same person who fleeced KG from them years ago. If I was Minny GM, i would first ask my key players like Towns their opinion on this trade including the players involved. It may get heated but i hoping they would laugh at me for such a lopsided trade. If thry somehow approve of this trade which I doubt, i would tell that instead of trading all those important role players esp the vocal Bev, i would trade Dlo cause its a bad contract and a bad fit for Ainge to try to trade instead which he won't refused as it still a win overall for the Jazz.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/basketba...-garnett-trade

Always discussed big trades with your star players for their input. I think Minny ignore doing and will regret it down the road if not already.

Quote Originally Posted by cattusmaru View Post
    Any GM would had dumped Dlo on the Jazz after giving up so much in draft capitol but Minny seem to be under some fleecing spell from the same person who fleeced KG from them years ago. If I was Minny GM, i would first ask my key players like Towns their opinion on this trade including the players involved. It may get heated but i hoping they would laugh at me for such a lopsided trade. If thry somehow approve of this trade which I doubt, i would tell that instead of trading all those important role players esp the vocal Bev, i would trade Dlo cause its a bad contract and a bad fit for Ainge to try to trade instead which he won't refused as it still a win overall for the Jazz.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/basketba...-garnett-trade

Always discussed big trades with your star players for their input. I think Minny ignore doing and will regret it down the road if not already.
    Why pay the GM if he needs not only owner and president approval, but player approval as well?

Even if the players signed off on this, does it make it a good trade?

Let's just simplify this and say that the GM here was clueless. The president shares blame too.

Why pay the GM if he needs not only owner and president approval, but player approval as well?

Let's just simplify this and say that the GM here was clueless. The president shares blame too.
    Smart GM would want their star players opinion on big trades as they know those players and their strenght and weaknesses much better unless you don't think its right for GS top brass to ask Curry on trades that dismantle most of their roster. And most owners are naive when it comes to players and only care about their wealth and the bottom line!!!

If you are the GM of the Heat, i highly suggest you ask Bam and Butler on any key trades instead of this self pride and ego most fans has that think they don't need anyones help as long as their superiors approves which would be Riley in your case. I want my star players' opinion and approvel and if they are involved, ask where they like to be traded instead of lying to them like Morey with CP3

the GM also built Denver's roster, and is well respected across the league. While I am not sure this trade is good or bad yet, it was a huge risk. I would have literally zero qualms about moving KAT for picks/young players, and just keep Gobert. KAT shrinks under pressure, literally getting inside of his own head so badly he hurts the team. I am not even sure he could play the Bosh role behind 2 studs.

And no, players shouldn't decide trades. The Wolves let KG do that, and we had a roster of meh players making plenty of money because they were "his boys".

the GM also built Denver's roster, and is well respected across the league. While I am not sure this trade is good or bad yet, it was a huge risk. I would have literally zero qualms about moving KAT for picks/young players, and just keep Gobert. KAT shrinks under pressure, literally getting inside of his own head so badly he hurts the team. I am not even sure he could play the Bosh role behind 2 studs.

And no, players shouldn't decide trades. The Wolves let KG do that, and we had a roster of meh players making plenty of money because they were "his boys".
    Maybe the guy has an agenda or close ties with the Jazz organizations but im sure stuff like that never happens Not sure how letting their cornerstone player in his prime approving trades would result in a roster of meh players as he cares more about winning like most great players and will get in their grill if they can't win for him.

Last year roster with Kat as their top guy with a close chemistry with his teammates was a much better team as they gave Memphis a tough series. I would just treak the roster and if i could unload Dlo, it would have been done after informing Kat and his opinion on why it should be done. And this team would be much better off then it is now as well but the playoff will indicate if Gobert wil help take them over the top or not as they basically traded their future for the here and now.
    Last edited by cattusmaru; 12-01-2022 at 06:04 PM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast