Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hall of Fame Ballot Released

Carlos Beltran, Francisco Rodriguez and Jayson Werth are notables in their first year on the ballot.
    https://www.mlb.com/news/2023-hall-o...allot-released
    With notables like Bonds, Clemens and Schilling dropping off the ballot, will any of these guys get elected?

Absolutely no one should be inducted ever again until Bonds, Clemens, Rose are in.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Kent and Wagner are the only absolute yes from me. Manny Sheffield arod and Beltran all deserving but cheating issues keep them out. Could argue for hunter helton and Jones but not 100% sure so would leave them off for now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rolen is probably going in this time, as he should be. I don't think Beltran gets in the first time because of the cheating scandal, but I think he will get in the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    Rolen is probably going in this time, as he should be. I don't think Beltran gets in the first time because of the cheating scandal, but I think he will get in the next few years.
    He might I lean no on him but wouldnít be horrible if he got in

If we are keeping out everybody suspected of cheating, nobody gets in.

Even as a noted Cubs killer I would have had Rolen first-ballot. He is essentially the Brooks Robinson of his era with WAY better offensive stats. It's sort of criminal that he's not in yet just because the counting stats aren't there. He got just 10% on his first ballot which is absolutely stupid.

From 1998 to 2004, Rolen was third in all of MLB in fWAR (behind only Barry Bonds and Alex Rodriguez).

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.as...2-31&sort=22,d

Rolen was never a real "jaw-dropping" player for me. He was an excellent fielder and hitter, but never led his league in any category. He had one monster season, 2004, and was an 8-time gold glover. I would vote for him because of his over-all ability.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Rolen was never a real "jaw-dropping" player for me. He was an excellent fielder and hitter, but never led his league in any category. He had one monster season, 2004, and was an 8-time gold glover. I would vote for him because of his over-all ability.
    I think Iím just a salty Mets fan who doesnít understand why rolen gets the nod largely due to his gold gloves but Keith Hernandez and his 10 dont cut it

Both were solid hitters. If it was all about Gold Gloves, Omar Vizquel would already be in the HOF (well....at least before he got outed as a weird creeper).

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    I think Iím just a salty Mets fan who doesnít understand why rolen gets the nod largely due to his gold gloves but Keith Hernandez and his 10 dont cut it

He was a better player and played a tougher position.

Rolen 100%. I still have dreams of how lethal a Rolen, Rollins, Utley, Howard IF wouldíve been.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Both were solid hitters. If it was all about Gold Gloves, Omar Vizquel would already be in the HOF (well....at least before he got outed as a weird creeper).
    The only players with 10+ gold gloves not in are vizquel (didnít hit) ichiro(first ballot when eligible), andruw Jones (on the ballot) and Keith Hernandez.

From 1970 to 1990, only four players posted the following stats in Major League Baseball:

[emoji3502]2000 or more hits
    [emoji3502]OBP of .375 or greater
    [emoji3502]WAR of 60.0 or better

Answer: Mike Schmidt. George Brett. Rod Carew.

& Keith Hernandez

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast