Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Week 12 NE @ MN

What are we doing on defense? ZERO pressure and they are picking us apart. It's like we play some sort of modified prevent?
    #HeinickebacktoMinnesota

Defense stepped up, kirk was great, and JJ is ridiculous. Good win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

A win is a win. I'll take it.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Hockenson is one ugly dude lol

Saw this a few mins ago and it made me laugh. It couldn't be more spot on lol

Im glad Kirk played great on prime-time, against a really good defense. KOC put together a great offensive game plan but this defense terrible, imagine what mahomes would do to it.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Cousins isn't "average." He's just unfairly hated by half the fan base for no legit reason. He's by far the best QB this team has had in a LOOOONG time.

Lol sorry I didnít say slightly above average? Heís regularly ranked around 14 by outside of this fan base. The reality is some in our fan base overrate him and are overly defensive when it comes to him.

My main point was and still is itís actually impressive what this team is doing given the talent level. Coaches should be getting credit for this season not blamed as if they are doing a bad job.

Well boys and girls we got another W and it's going to be like this all year, no matter who we are playing. With the way the North is we will get a playoff spot in a week or two. Now when we get to the playoffs I am nervously optimistic, ok, ok pessimistic about what we will do in the playoffs. Hey we are winning the close games unlike last yr. Buckle up and enjoy the ride!!

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    This will be another spanking, not scoring more than 3 against that pats defense and of course KOC will look lost again.

Hold up. KOC has this aging team of vets with one of the worst defenses iíve ever seen at 9-2 and weíre coming for him now too? Not to mention he has an average QB with the THIRD HIGHEST cap hit in the league and a GM that whiffed on every single draft pick he made. I find it amazing that we all agree this team is extremely flawed and has no business being 9-2, yet we canít credit the guy who is the main reason for it not named Justin Jefferson???

Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    Hold up. KOC has this aging team of vets with one of the worst defenses iíve ever seen at 9-2 and weíre coming for him now too? Not to mention he has an average QB with the THIRD HIGHEST cap hit in the league and a GM that whiffed on every single draft pick he made. I find it amazing that we all agree this team is extremely flawed and has no business being 9-2, yet we canít credit the guy who is the main reason for it not named Justin Jefferson???
    I disagree, cousins is the reason we are 9-2.

Cant believe sorry *** mac jones threw for 382 yards against us, lets not blame the head coach. That would just be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    I disagree, cousins is the reason we are 9-2.

The same Cousins that took over a 13-3 nfc championship team and went 8-7-1 the next year? Who has never won more than 10 games as a Viking (with much better rosters than this team)? You donít think his new innovative offensive minded head coach has anything to do with that? KOCís system has forced Cousins to push the ball down the field and take chances that heís self admittedly never been comfortable taking before and itís paying off big time. His stats might be down from previous years, but heís making throws at crucial points in the game that he would have never even thought of making in years past. Weíre seeing an entirely new Kirk this year who throws YOLO 50-50 balls to Jefferson down the field when heís double covered. Youíre kidding yourself if you donít think KOC has had an enormous impact on Kirk this year. Gotta give credit where credit is due.

The same Cousins that took over a 13-3 nfc championship team and went 8-7-1 the next year? Who has never won more than 10 games as a Viking (with much better rosters than this team)? You donít think his new innovative offensive minded head coach has anything to do with that? KOCís system has forced Cousins to push the ball down the field and take chances that heís self admittedly never been comfortable taking before and itís paying off big time. His stats might be down from previous years, but heís making throws at crucial points in the game that he would have never even thought of making in years past. Weíre seeing an entirely new Kirk this year who throws YOLO 50-50 balls to Jefferson down the field when heís double covered. Youíre kidding yourself if you donít think KOC has had an enormous impact on Kirk this year. Gotta give credit where credit is due.
    I agree. Cousins is actually having one of the worst statistical seasons of his career/as a Vikings in multiple ways. He is finally taking some chances and making some plays in key moments and I think koc deserves some credit for getting it out of him. Cousins deserves credit too of course for playing more to win than for the stats in this system. This team still lacks talent in key areas but the coaches have done enough to get wins. They should be getting credit this season, not blamed. Turning a team that probably should have rebuilt based on talent/age and still has issues when you look at certain stats (point differential, dvoa etc) into a 9-2 squad with a shot at the 1 seed still is impressive from a coaching standpoint imo.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I agree. Cousins is actually having one of the worst statistical seasons of his career/as a Vikings in multiple ways. He is finally taking some chances and making some plays in key moments and I think koc deserves some credit for getting it out of him. Cousins deserves credit too of course for playing more to win than for the stats in this system. This team still lacks talent in key areas but the coaches have done enough to get wins. They should be getting credit this season, not blamed. Turning a team that probably should have rebuilt based on talent/age and still has issues when you look at certain stats (point differential, dvoa etc) into a 9-2 squad with a shot at the 1 seed still is impressive from a coaching standpoint imo.
    Idk how much credit Donatell deserves, the defense is really holding this team back imo. It might just be the way weíre forced to play with the lack of talent/speed in the secondary and at linebacker.

Idk how much credit Donatell deserves, the defense is really holding this team back imo. It might just be the way weíre forced to play with the lack of talent/speed in the secondary and at linebacker.
    Ya I am not sure with him either. The defense has obvious issues but a lot of it seems related to lack of talent (especially secondary). For all his issues Zimmer was still respected as a defensive coach/mind and couldnít really overcome it either in the later years. I will note they have made big plays and stops when needed this season at least.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12