Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Giannis thrown off 76ers court for attempting to improve his free throw shooting

Did anyone else read the article about Giannis getting bullied off the court by Harrell and 76ers coaching staff? They even tried to block the rim with ladders... I am not a fan of either team but it seems to me the 76ers are a super petty organization if this is how they treat visiting teams. The video is ridiculous as well.

heres the link

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...e/10735447002/

Thoughts?
    Originally Posted by jam
    Lin is doubling Rubio's point production. He's much more aggressive to the basket and is a spectacular finisher. Lin also shows no hesitation shooting from the outside and knocking down 3's right in the faces of 7 footers.

Lin has spectacular alley oops, gets tons of steals, game winners and clutch play are unmatched by Rubio.

Comparing Lin to Rubio is like comparing Kate Upton to Rosie O' Donnell. They're both on TV, but that's where the comparison ends.

Quote Originally Posted by latinofire21 View Post
    Did anyone else read the article about Giannis getting bullied off the court by Harrell and 76ers coaching staff? They even tried to block the rim with ladders... I am not a fan of either team but it seems to me the 76ers are a super petty organization if this is how they treat visiting teams. The video is ridiculous as well.

heres the link

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...e/10735447002/

Thoughts?
    Seems like a tempest in a teapot.

harrell is a moron but app the workers needed to break down the court because of the city court and it being a back to back game schedule... The guy put the ladder under to start breaking down and giannis wouldnt let him and tossed the ladder like a child.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Seems like a tempest in a teapot.
    Dating yourself. I had to Google this idiom.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    harrell is a moron but app the workers needed to break down the court because of the city court and it being a back to back game schedule... The guy put the ladder under to start breaking down and giannis wouldnt let him and tossed the ladder like a child.
    Meanwhile there was no problem with Harrell getting up shots on the other end of the floor?

How about just ask him to go to the other end?

Seems like pettiness/childishness from all 3 parties. Giannis, Harrell, and Sixers staff. This is honestly not thread-worthy though.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Dating yourself. I had to Google this idiom.
    Better late than never for you to bite the bullet, stop cutting corners and realize a little learning is a dangerous thing. To make a long story short I'm glad you were able to get that off of your shoulders.

Better late than never for you to bite the bullet, stop cutting corners and realize a little learning is a dangerous thing. To make a long story short I'm glad you were able to get that off of your shoulders.
    Doubled down with the Dad humor.

Says a lot about the Sixers as a whole. Pitiful.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I was going to say that I would mention a bunch of things about this.

#1. that worker was trying to get things done and probably wants to go home. not mention they had to change the court for today so its quite a bit of work

#2 a ton of players practice things like ft's after games its just that this was a bad timing for Giannis.

#3. there was actually a season ticket event which is why there was any kind of footage out there.

I don't know the typical rules for this honestly. should Giannis be out there? I have no idea. should Harrell have done what he did? lol no.

Meanwhile there was no problem with Harrell getting up shots on the other end of the floor?

How about just ask him to go to the other end?

Seems like pettiness/childishness from all 3 parties. Giannis, Harrell, and Sixers staff. This is honestly not thread-worthy though.
    FYI that was not Sixers staff. That was WFC staff who have no association with the Sixers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    I was going to say that I would mention a bunch of things about this.

#1. that worker was trying to get things done and probably wants to go home. not mention they had to change the court for today so its quite a bit of work

#2 a ton of players practice things like ft's after games its just that this was a bad timing for Giannis.

#3. there was actually a season ticket event which is why there was any kind of footage out there.

I don't know the typical rules for this honestly. should Giannis be out there? I have no idea. should Harrell have done what he did? lol no.
    It’s more and more a stupid thing. Like Harrells basket was getting worked on so that’s why he ended up on Giannis’s end. Apparently he asked to work in so he could wrap up, and instead Giannis offered to give him some shooting pointers and work together. Sounds like that’s what caused Harrell to take the ball.

When he did Giannis when into the Sixers locker room to take 2 balls and got into a yelling match with Harrell and other players who were still there. While he was back there is when they moved the ladder to the hoop Giannis was on, so he returned from the locker room to see it there and got mad. I think by that time the season ticket holder event had started on the other rim.

Someone on Reddit who claimed to work for another arena posted a good comment. Usually team busses and flights leave not too long after a game. Sure maybe it was still load out and the team does things slightly differently for Giannis to have the time for this. But did the team bus leave without him? Was everyone else just hanging out on the bus when he went back to the court?

Like, I know I stated this but Wells Fargo Center is owned and operated by Comcast/Flyers. If you went there on any day but a Sixers game day you wouldn’t know the Sixers play there. The arena employees have treated the Sixers like **** since Harris bought the team. There’s a story out there that they tried to turn out the lights and lock JJ Reddick in the arena because he was there 90 minutes after a game running the stairs on the lower bowl.

There’s a couple of reasons that Harris is looking to build his own arena. Stuff like this hopefully not happening is one of them.

I don't believe Wells Fargo or Sixers owe Giannis extra time to practice on their court. Giannis is in the wrong here. Pushing the ladder was a temper tantrum but in reality this is like a baby controversy. No punishment needed. Just a warning and maybe a rule put in place?

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Doubled down with the Dad humor.
    Boom

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    FYI that was not Sixers staff. That was WFC staff who have no association with the Sixers.
    Yes and no. You know one of the WFC's biggest customers is the Sixers and that does have significant bearing on what WFC staff does for the Sixers. It doesn't mean they ONLY work for the Sixers but it does mean they will be responsive.

The Sixers (and fans) inferiority complex is endless.

Not that it matters. This is a non-story.

Giannis thrown off 76ers court for attempting to improve his free throw shooting

Yes and no. You know one of the WFC's biggest customers is the Sixers and that does have significant bearing on what WFC staff does for the Sixers. It doesn't mean they ONLY work for the Sixers but it does mean they will be responsive.

The Sixers (and fans) inferiority complex is endless.

Not that it matters. This is a non-story.
    They are not. It’s well known in Philly that the WFC treats basketball in general like crap.

This is a small look at some of the bad blood:

https://www.phillyvoice.com/sixers-n...yer-money/amp/

Arena-related revenue has been a sore spot for the Sixers and their current owners since they first purchased the team in 2011. Some of those efforts have spilled into the public.

In official team materials, the team has made a pointed effort to refer to Wells Fargo Center simply as "The Center," stemming from a long-standing dispute with the banking giants. The Sixers went so far as to propose putting the Wells Fargo Center logo in invisible ink on their hardwood during games, visible only through blacklight during pre-game intros.

“It’s probably the first naming-rights partner in the history of a building that didn’t become a marketing partner of a team that played in the building,” he said, noting that the bank told Sixers management that it wanted to focus on tennis and golf rather than basketball.

"From our end, we’ll live to the letter of the contract from the building, but we’re not going to endorse or support someone who’s pulled their support from us,” he said. “That’s not fair to the other partners that we have.” [PhillyMag]

There are dozens of stories like these that illustrate the dynamic in their home arena. Last fall, it was reported the Wells Fargo Center would sign an official beverage deal with Coca-Cola, ending a 23-year run with Pepsi. The Sixers, however, maintain a marketing/brand deal with Pepsi, according to a person familiar with the franchise's partnerships. In spite of this partnership with Coca-Cola's direct rival, the Sixers are subject to the "pouring rights" negotiated by the building.

Last edited by warfelg; 11-20-2022 at 10:36 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast