Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Agreed but as Metswon stated, I doubt there is that large of a difference in offers.
    I also doubt the Giants or anyone offer him 10 years but who knows?

I felt Hal should have said 8 for 320. That's my best and final offer. I think had he done that, Judge would have already been a Yankee
    10 years would not be the prudent decision, however if they want him bad enough they may just do it to lock him up. The cost of doing business? Akin to the posting fee paid to Japanese pitchers home team. Front load the contract.

Imo 8 years is too long. I love Judge but he'll be 31 in April, I've said it previously, that huge body may not age very well.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Agreed but as Metswon stated, I doubt there is that large of a difference in offers.
    I also doubt the Giants or anyone offer him 10 years but who knows?

I felt Hal should have said 8 for 320. That's my best and final offer. I think had he done that, Judge would have already been a Yankee
    You can't win every negotiation, so you should pick the ones that you are willing to go hardball on. If you want to go hardball negotiations with Taillon or Benintendi, that's OK, since there are other substitute pieces that you can insert into your team through trade as well as free agency. and who don't mean as much to you team and your fans.

There is no substitute for Judge. Judge is in the category of a negotiation that you should overpay, since he is the face of your franchise, similar to Derek Jeter. Therefore, you cannot pay lower than market value. If you offered $213.5 million for 7 years plus upping his arbitration to $21 million for a total 8 year payout of $234.5 million and he wanted $288 Million for 8 years and then he has the season that he had and you know that you have to increase the offer by $100 million, your starting offer has to be at least $320 million for 8 years. To offer $300 million, although a large chunk of change, is still deficient.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    You can't win every negotiation, so you should pick the ones that you are willing to go hardball on. If you want to go hardball negotiations with Taillon or Benintendi, that's OK, since there are other substitute pieces that you can insert into your team through trade as well as free agency. and who don't mean as much to you team and your fans.

There is no substitute for Judge. Judge is in the category of a negotiation that you should overpay, since he is the face of your franchise, similar to Derek Jeter. Therefore, you cannot pay lower than market value. If you offered $213.5 million for 7 years plus upping his arbitration to $21 million for a total 8 year payout of $234.5 million and he wanted $288 Million for 8 years and then he has the season that he had and you know that you have to increase the offer by $100 million, your starting offer has to be at least $320 million for 8 years. To offer $300 million, although a large chunk of change, is still deficient.
    i agree judge has to be signed no matter what the cost he is the face of the yankees,

Is it possible the Yankees don't want to sign Judge? The 8/$300M is a save face bottom line offer? (It is the highest AAV for a PP) Are they secretly hoping SF comes over the top at $320?

I realize Judge is the face of the franchise, home grown home run king, a model citizen and all you could want from a team player and captain. But I sense a reluctance on the part of the Yankees to get it done. Is there trepidation due to his age and size? Imo it would be foolish to allow him to walk over a few dollars considering his franchise value, but I am wondering.

Imo I honestly don't believe it's about money for Judge. I get the sense it's more about comfort level and family.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Is it possible the Yankees don't want to sign Judge? The 8/$300M is a save face bottom line offer? (It is the highest AAV for a PP) Are they secretly hoping SF comes over the top at $320?

I realize Judge is the face of the franchise, home grown home run king, a model citizen and all you could want from a team player and captain. But I sense a reluctance on the part of the Yankees to get it done. Is there trepidation due to his age and size? Imo it would be foolish to allow him to walk over a few dollars considering his franchise value, but I am wondering.

Imo I honestly don't believe it's about money for Judge. I get the sense it's more about comfort level and family.
    You think they would make an 8/300M offer to save face? I don’t, that’s still a huge number. That pretty much all but a couple of teams would never make. And I think that’s right around what the real number will be. Or at least what I’d give him, at max
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 12-01-2022 at 12:49 PM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

Doc, I fully agree. That's why I said if they really wanted to do it, they would have started at 8 for 320.
    once again, Hal tried to squeeze him. I realize the offer would make him the highest paid AAV position player but we all know that it's going to take an AAV that starts with a 4 and not a 3.

Now reports (rumors) are coming out that it's a 50-50 between the Yankees and the Giants.

I also wonder if Judge, as has been suggested by many, is waiting to see if the Yankees move on from certain players and since they've done ZERO to do so, he might have a hesitance to believe they will follow through on their talk and go to the place that flat out said he'd have a say.

If I am him, I am looking at the Yankees roster, the age associated with it and the character of the players.
    If I don't think they can change things or more likely, refuse to change? I'm gone.

If he does go, they will look like first class fools and go into full desperation mode.

Ignorance is bliss

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    You think they would make an 8/300M offer to save face? I don’t, that’s still a huge number. That pretty much all but a couple of teams would never make. And I think that’s right around what the real number will be. Or at least what I’d give him, at max
    I could see it. We will offer this. Come back and let me know what offer you get and give me a shot to beat it.
    I could see the Giants going 8-320 (Which is what Hal should have done). Then Judge comes back and Hal says, "We can match that but not go higher".
    If that happens, Judge is long gone.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    No as I mentioned it's the highest AAV for any position player. Save face in respect to fan backlash should he walk. They can argue they made an earnest attempt, but didn't feel it worthwhile to go beyond the 8/$300 for a 31 yr old. If SF goes to $320 I think they let him walk.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Unless, perhaps, it is $80 - $100 million more.

I don't think the offer is in the range of $300 million or the Yankees haven't learned their lesson from the Cano fiasco. Had they put the correct 8 year $200 million offer on the table and stopped playing around, he'd have been a Yankee and Ellie would have gone to Seattle. instead, they allowed Seattle to top their $160 million offer with one for $240 million. This year with Judge, the offer need to be between $320 million and $360 million. If not the Giants could swoop in with a 10 year offer for $380 million that is $80 million higher than the $300 million, which might give Aaron pause to think about the extra money.
    10/$380MM would be absurd. No way the Giants offer that.

Doc, I fully agree. That's why I said if they really wanted to do it, they would have started at 8 for 320.
    once again, Hal tried to squeeze him. I realize the offer would make him the highest paid AAV position player but we all know that it's going to take an AAV that starts with a 4 and not a 3.

Now reports (rumors) are coming out that it's a 50-50 between the Yankees and the Giants.

I also wonder if Judge, as has been suggested by many, is waiting to see if the Yankees move on from certain players and since they've done ZERO to do so, he might have a hesitance to believe they will follow through on their talk and go to the place that flat out said he'd have a say.

If I am him, I am looking at the Yankees roster, the age associated with it and the character of the players.
    If I don't think they can change things or more likely, refuse to change? I'm gone.

If he does go, they will look like first class fools and go into full desperation mode.
    I agree 100%, however I don't believe a player, any player Arod, Bonds, Clemens ect, should be allowed to dictate personnel decisions. He isn't bigger than the game or team....although he is pretty F'n big!

Sell the Team, HAL!

Maybe not. They will have a ton of cash to invest in other areas of need.

Sell the Team, HAL!

No as I mentioned it's the highest AAV for any position player. Save face in respect to fan backlash should he walk. They can argue they made an earnest attempt, but didn't feel it worthwhile to go beyond the 8/$300 for a 31 yr old. If SF goes to $320 I think they let him walk.
    from what i heard they are willing to go higher for judge if they have to.. judge means more to the yanks then he would mean anywhere else.. if sanfran offers 320 the yanks will top that offer.. i think some fans are upset at judge because of last years playoffs many superstars have had awful playoffs like barry bonds for example..judge sells merchandise brings fans to the seats . fans love seeing home runs..

Is it at all possible Judge sees a team full of rookies with limited experience as a potential hindrance to a ring any time soon? The "move on from certain players" cuts both ways. I realize Torres and JD are the targets.

Sell the Team, HAL!

It's not like the Giants are really in any better of a situation.

On the record:

New York Daily News
    @NYDailyNews

Official
    Yankees have an offer to Judge that is around 8 years and $300M. It would make him the highest-paid position player in the history of baseball in terms of average annual value.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...q6u-story.html

Sell the Team, HAL!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast