Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 147
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,863
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Bonds sucked in October ... until he didn't
    A-rod sucked in October... until he didn't
    Kershaw and Verlander have sucked in October

    Judge has hit 13 post season HRs with an OPS of .772, which is not Superstar quality, but is still OK. His .211 batting avg is low though, but he could have one monster postseason and turn it all around.
    The problem with Judge isnt that he doesn't hit as well during the playoffs, but that he has a tendency to completely disappear. That is a huge huge problem for a club that relies heavily on Judge to perform when the alternative is JD, IKF, Hicks, Torres, Trevino and Cabrera. That's a lineup that could make any fan projectile vomit. Even during his best post season in 2017 he had one series where he struck out 16 out of 20 abs with a total of 27 out of 44. And that was his best post season!! This year Judge has one of the greatest seasons in history and still disappeared in the playoffs. Judge is a generational talent, but he will never be what the yankees need, if they want to win a WS.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cranford, NJ
    Posts
    9,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    The problem with Judge isnt that he doesn't hit as well during the playoffs, but that he has a tendency to completely disappear. That is a huge huge problem for a club that relies heavily on Judge to perform when the alternative is JD, IKF, Hicks, Torres, Trevino and Cabrera. That's a lineup that could make any fan projectile vomit. Even during his best post season in 2017 he had one series where he struck out 16 out of 20 abs with a total of 27 out of 44. And that was his best post season!! This year Judge has one of the greatest seasons in history and still disappeared in the playoffs. Judge is a generational talent, but he will never be what the yankees need, if they want to win a WS.
    Don't be such a downer. LOL.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    68,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    The problem with Judge isnt that he doesn't hit as well during the playoffs, but that he has a tendency to completely disappear. That is a huge huge problem for a club that relies heavily on Judge to perform when the alternative is JD, IKF, Hicks, Torres, Trevino and Cabrera. That's a lineup that could make any fan projectile vomit. Even during his best post season in 2017 he had one series where he struck out 16 out of 20 abs with a total of 27 out of 44. And that was his best post season!! This year Judge has one of the greatest seasons in history and still disappeared in the playoffs. Judge is a generational talent, but he will never be what the yankees need, if they want to win a WS.
    In reality, winning a World Series isn't up to one solitary player. It's a team effort. If this wasn't the case, then the modern day Angels would have numerous titles accrued over the last decade. Instead they pretty much miss the playoffs every year.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cranford, NJ
    Posts
    9,331
    There are probably just as many Brian Doyle MVPs as there are Reggie Jackson MVPs.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    6,363
    the yankees official offer to judge is 8 years 300 million that will not get it done..

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,863
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    In reality, winning a World Series isn't up to one solitary player. It's a team effort. If this wasn't the case, then the modern day Angels would have numerous titles accrued over the last decade. Instead they pretty much miss the playoffs every year.
    I don't disagree, I'm merely stating Judge is not the type of player this team needs in the post season.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    the yankees official offer to judge is 8 years 300 million that will not get it done..

    If Judge doesn't take 37.5m AAV, which would give him the highest AAV of any position player in baseball then that means he really doesn't want to stay here. If an additional 2-4 million AAV is all it'll take to lure Judge away the yankees need to pull their offer and move on. I already feel it's a mistake even to offer Judge 300 million.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cranford, NJ
    Posts
    9,331
    I believe that this is playing out exactly as it should. Judge will sign at the winter meetings, since there's no Scott Boras involved to push it unnecessarily into January.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    6,363
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    I don't disagree, I'm merely stating Judge is not the type of player this team needs in the post season.




    If Judge doesn't take 37.5m AAV, which would give him the highest AAV of any position player in baseball then that means he really doesn't want to stay here. If an additional 2-4 million AAV is all it'll take to lure Judge away the yankees need to pull their offer and move on. I already feel it's a mistake even to offer Judge 300 million.
    99.99% it is always about the dollars..for every ballplayer..this will be judge last contract.. if the giants offer judge 330 million he is going to the giants..

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    52,172
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    99.99% it is always about the dollars..for every ballplayer..this will be judge last contract.. if the giants offer judge 330 million he is going to the giants..
    That was just an opening salvo bid. I'm sure there's room for negotiating further. No one knows what the Giants top bid is though. That said, I dont think 30 million dollars over the next 8 years is going to stop the Yankees from bringing Judge back.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Earth is my turf
    Posts
    5,750
    Whatever happened to the contract offer not being leaked???


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    17,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    Whatever happened to the contract offer not being leaked???


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's from Passen and it's a guess. It's believed to be in the 8yr300m range, which is the minimum Judge's agent told teams that they would entertain. He flat turned down a huge 4yr offer from the Dodger.

    Martino is saying only a couple people know the exact offer in the whole Yankees management and those that do aren't saying a word.. I think Judge made it very clear if anything leaked he wasn't signing there.

    I heard an interview that will be released later this week that is a guy who has covered the Yanks for ever. He said 2 times in the past has Hal gotten extremely involved in the process with 2 other guys, CC and Cole. Hals running this deal and he always gets what he wants.. Judge means wayyy to much to the franchise to let him walk.. Just the hit on there image would be huge
    NYYNEW-TV Prospect Analyst

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    47,002
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    It's from Passen and it's a guess. It's believed to be in the 8yr300m range, which is the minimum Judge's agent told teams that they would entertain. He flat turned down a huge 4yr offer from the Dodger.

    Martino is saying only a couple people know the exact offer in the whole Yankees management and those that do aren't saying a word.. I think Judge made it very clear if anything leaked he wasn't signing there.

    I heard an interview that will be released later this week that is a guy who has covered the Yanks for ever. He said 2 times in the past has Hal gotten extremely involved in the process with 2 other guys, CC and Cole. Hals running this deal and he always gets what he wants.. Judge means wayyy to much to the franchise to let him walk.. Just the hit on there image would be huge
    I think if Judge wants to be a Yankee, it will get done.
    If he wants to be a Giant (too late. lol) He will sign there.

    That's the stark reality. He's going to go where he wants to go. I don't think money will decide.



    Ignorance is bliss

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cranford, NJ
    Posts
    9,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I think if Judge wants to be a Yankee, it will get done.
    If he wants to be a Giant (too late. lol) He will sign there.

    That's the stark reality. He's going to go where he wants to go. I don't think money will decide.
    Unless, perhaps, it is $80 - $100 million more.

    I don't think the offer is in the range of $300 million or the Yankees haven't learned their lesson from the Cano fiasco. Had they put the correct 8 year $200 million offer on the table and stopped playing around, he'd have been a Yankee and Ellie would have gone to Seattle. instead, they allowed Seattle to top their $160 million offer with one for $240 million. This year with Judge, the offer need to be between $320 million and $360 million. If not the Giants could swoop in with a 10 year offer for $380 million that is $80 million higher than the $300 million, which might give Aaron pause to think about the extra money.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    52,172
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Unless, perhaps, it is $80 - $100 million more.

    I don't think the offer is in the range of $300 million or the Yankees haven't learned their lesson from the Cano fiasco. Had they put the correct 8 year $200 million offer on the table and stopped playing around, he'd have been a Yankee and Ellie would have gone to Seattle. instead, they allowed Seattle to top their $160 million offer with one for $240 million. This year with Judge, the offer need to be between $320 million and $360 million. If not the Giants could swoop in with a 10 year offer for $380 million that is $80 million higher than the $300 million, which might give Aaron pause to think about the extra money.
    I don't think any team is going to give Judge ten years though. He's soon to be 31 years old. No one would want to carry his contract until he was 41. The most he's going to get is 8 years and even 8 years might be too much for a team not named the Yankees. I could see the Giants topping the Yankees offer but it won't be in years and if they do, expect a decent chunk of the contract to be in deferred money because that's how a lot of teams operate now when handing out big money deals.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    47,002
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Unless, perhaps, it is $80 - $100 million more.

    I don't think the offer is in the range of $300 million or the Yankees haven't learned their lesson from the Cano fiasco. Had they put the correct 8 year $200 million offer on the table and stopped playing around, he'd have been a Yankee and Ellie would have gone to Seattle. instead, they allowed Seattle to top their $160 million offer with one for $240 million. This year with Judge, the offer need to be between $320 million and $360 million. If not the Giants could swoop in with a 10 year offer for $380 million that is $80 million higher than the $300 million, which might give Aaron pause to think about the extra money.
    Agreed but as Metswon stated, I doubt there is that large of a difference in offers.
    I also doubt the Giants or anyone offer him 10 years but who knows?

    I felt Hal should have said 8 for 320. That's my best and final offer. I think had he done that, Judge would have already been a Yankee



    Ignorance is bliss

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •