Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I don't see the Giants signing Judge. He's going to go for the biggest contract offered, regardless of where he grew up or if that team's fan base has a proclivity for booing their own players or not.

Whoever signs Judge is not likely to get a great return on their investment. My guess is that he ends up a Yankee for life. Love to see all the pre-emptive hate towards San Francisco though.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I don't see the Giants signing Judge. He's going to go for the biggest contract offered, regardless of where he grew up or if that team's fan base has a proclivity for booing their own players or not.

Whoever signs Judge is not likely to get a great return on their investment. My guess is that he ends up a Yankee for life. Love to see all the pre-emptive hate towards San Francisco though.
    Ha! FSF!!!

Speaking of preemptive hate, Yankees fans may as well start hating Judge. I think he ends up here and a I love him as a player. I think about 4 years into this deal which I am hoping is no more than 8 years, he will really low down and unlike Jeter, Judge's demise won't be graceful. Fans will go nuts at a captain who bats 230, Ks at a rate higher than 35%, has lost his fielding ability and is injured constantly.

Yankees are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Ha! FSF!!!

Speaking of preemptive hate, Yankees fans may as well start hating Judge. I think he ends up here and a I love him as a player. I think about 4 years into this deal which I am hoping is no more than 8 years, he will really low down and unlike Jeter, Judge's demise won't be graceful. Fans will go nuts at a captain who bats 230, Ks at a rate higher than 35%, has lost his fielding ability and is injured constantly.

Yankees are damned if they do and damned if they don't.
    I pray we don't go 10 years bc I fully agree that after 3 or 4 years that contract is going to be really really bad.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I pray we don't go 10 years bc I fully agree that after 3 or 4 years that contract is going to be really really bad.

who cares you think any of those long term contracts on other teams will end well no..the yankees need judge... he brings excitement he sells merchandise we need his power in homer friendly yankee stadium..

I would imagine that whatever team signs judge and I’ll say the Yanks in this hypothetical will put Judge on some sort of innings limit. By that I mean they will schedule him precisely on how many games/innings he will play CF RF DH and sit to preserve his health. Think of the workload Lebron has had for years. This is your clubs biggest investment ever and the team will preserve their investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    who cares you think any of those long term contracts on other teams will end well no..the yankees need judge... he brings excitement he sells merchandise we need his power in homer friendly yankee stadium..
    Do they though? He has done absolutely nothing in October.
    There's a part of me that thinks it would be smarter to spend his money on multiple guys who have a history of performing when it matters most.

Yeah, I'd say the Yankees don't "need" someone with the gargantuan power Judge possesses as much as other teams that plays their home games in a less hitter friendly park. Judge's bombs are the type that are likely to go out of any park, where you could get a guy with warning track power and his drives would be more likely to turn in to home runs at Yankee Stadium.

*not to downplay what Judge brings to a team or anything

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Yeah, I'd say the Yankees don't "need" someone with the gargantuan power Judge possesses as much as other teams that plays their home games in a less hitter friendly park. Judge's bombs are the type that are likely to go out of any park, where you could get a guy with warning track power and his drives would be more likely to turn in to home runs at Yankee Stadium.

*not to downplay what Judge brings to a team or anything
    I think the only park that would cut Judges HR total significantly would be if he played in Baltimore. That new Left field plays really deep. If i remember correctly they only had 1 of their player hit a HR to LF in the first half.

I really think Baltimore screwed themselves moving those fences back. They are going to have a hell of a young core in the next couple yrs and are going to have serious trouble getting RHed FA interest in playing there.. I bet Correa reconsiders that 310m offer they gave him if they hadn't moved those fences so far back

I'm of the opinion that if a team offers the most money in a long-term contract to a free agent hitter, he won't have too much trouble looking past his new home park being very pitcher friendly. Where the team will have trouble, is acquiring players coming off a poor year and looking for a "prove it" type one year pact. Then again, that same team will likely have an advantage in signing pitchers looking to rebuild their value via a "prove it" type deal.

As a Giants fan though, I can tell you that it's a great excuse for a front office to offer to fans for why they constantly seem to come up short on snagging big hitters via free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I think the only park that would cut Judges HR total significantly would be if he played in Baltimore. That new Left field plays really deep. If i remember correctly they only had 1 of their player hit a HR to LF in the first half.

I really think Baltimore screwed themselves moving those fences back. They are going to have a hell of a young core in the next couple yrs and are going to have serious trouble getting RHed FA interest in playing there.. I bet Correa reconsiders that 310m offer they gave him if they hadn't moved those fences so far back
    in one game last year judge hit 2 home runs to left center over 440 feet one over 450 feet the wall has no effect..

Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    I would imagine that whatever team signs judge and I’ll say the Yanks in this hypothetical will put Judge on some sort of innings limit. By that I mean they will schedule him precisely on how many games/innings he will play CF RF DH and sit to preserve his health. Think of the workload Lebron has had for years. This is your clubs biggest investment ever and the team will preserve their investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As long as Bader is healthy, Yanks should not need many innings in CF from Bader; maybe a game every two weeks just to give Bader a day off, especially if in Toronto on their fake turf.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    As long as Bader is healthy, Yanks should not need many innings in CF from Bader; maybe a game every two weeks just to give Bader a day off, especially if in Toronto on their fake turf.
    I agree. If Bader is healthy, Judge absolutely should not be seeing regular innings in CF. IMO, a large part of his fall off in the playoffs was likely due to the fatigue of playing so much CF over the summer.

Cabrera, in addition to working on his catching ( he's told the Yanks he wants to be their 3rd C, like IKF was last yr) has been working in CF so that he can be a capable backup there also. I'd rather see him in CF occasionally than Judge. It wouldn't surprise me is he was just as capable in CF as he was at the corners. Plus, i think it would be cool as hell to have Cabrera play all 8 position at least 1 time this yr.. I can't remember the last player to do that in a single yr

Hell, if Flo is on the roster I'd rather him in CF than Judge.

When Judge re-signs, he will have a ton of money attached to him and they just can't put that extra wear and tear on his body and keep him playing 130-140 games a yr.

Now that I've said that, watch him go play 5 season in CF with SF and not get hurt, lol

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Do they though? He has done absolutely nothing in October.
    There's a part of me that thinks it would be smarter to spend his money on multiple guys who have a history of performing when it matters most.

Bonds sucked in October ... until he didn't
    A-rod sucked in October... until he didn't
    Kershaw and Verlander have sucked in October

Judge has hit 13 post season HRs with an OPS of .772, which is not Superstar quality, but is still OK. His .211 batting avg is low though, but he could have one monster postseason and turn it all around.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Bonds sucked in October ... until he didn't
    A-rod sucked in October... until he didn't
    Kershaw and Verlander have sucked in October

Judge has hit 13 post season HRs with an OPS of .772, which is not Superstar quality, but is still OK. His .211 batting avg is low though, but he could have one monster postseason and turn it all around.
    Do you think Judge just can't hit in the playoffs? i sure don't. Its like u mentioned, A-rod, 1 playoffs changes everything. Probably doesn't help Judge hasn't exactly had much of a lineup around him the last couple yrs.

I would lean toward physical and mental fatigue being huge factors in his struggles this yr. The amount he played in CF to carry us to the playoffs was insane. Not to mention, the mental fatigue from the HR chase and that handful of games he was pressing so hard to finally hit 62..

I have very few doubts that especially with a stronger lineup around him, Judge will absolutely excel in the post season
    NYYNEW-TV Prospect Analyst

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Do you think Judge just can't hit in the playoffs? i sure don't. Its like u mentioned, A-rod, 1 playoffs changes everything. Probably doesn't help Judge hasn't exactly had much of a lineup around him the last couple yrs.

I would lean toward physical and mental fatigue being huge factors in his struggles this yr. The amount he played in CF to carry us to the playoffs was insane. Not to mention, the mental fatigue from the HR chase and that handful of games he was pressing so hard to finally hit 62..

I have very few doubts that especially with a stronger lineup around him, Judge will absolutely excel in the post season
    aaron judge has had some decent post seasons and bad ones he has hit 265 250 421 was his best post season.. everyone is piling on him because of last year.. until 2002 barry bonds was kinda similar to judge .. judge has already had a great post season to say he will not is untrue...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast