Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: Tom Brady

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    99,531

    Tom Brady

    I guess we need a new thread to continue a discussion.

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...dy-superthread

    Is he finally at the cliff?

    I'll admit, until the last few years I completely took for granted what Tom has done. Unquestioned GOAT though.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Coventry RI
    Posts
    5,756
    Bagwell your alive!

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    16,015
    Did Gisele make a burner and revive old threads?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    20,154
    Brady isn't over a cliff at all. He's played fine. He's not a world beater like he used to be at this point but he is still a good starting QB and his experience and knowledge puts him over the other players that now have similar talent to him (guys like Cousins, Dak, etc.)

    Dude is far from washed, but he needs protection.

    Also, Bucs coaching staff, please don't run a 45 year old QB on a receiving route 15 yards down the sideline lol

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    99,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Brady isn't over a cliff at all. He's played fine. He's not a world beater like he used to be at this point but he is still a good starting QB and his experience and knowledge puts him over the other players that now have similar talent to him (guys like Cousins, Dak, etc.)

    Dude is far from washed, but he needs protection.

    Also, Bucs coaching staff, please don't run a 45 year old QB on a receiving route 15 yards down the sideline lol
    It's literally never been good when Brady is a WR lol.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,406
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Brady isn't over a cliff at all. He's played fine. He's not a world beater like he used to be at this point but he is still a good starting QB and his experience and knowledge puts him over the other players that now have similar talent to him (guys like Cousins, Dak, etc.)

    Dude is far from washed, but he needs protection.

    Also, Bucs coaching staff, please don't run a 45 year old QB on a receiving route 15 yards down the sideline lol
    Id argue he was only a world beater for a couple of seasons, but he has been a top 10 qb for a long *** time.

    Even at this level hes still a top 10-15 qb because most of the starting QBs suck

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    123,310
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I guess we need a new thread to continue a discussion.

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...dy-superthread

    Is he finally at the cliff?

    I'll admit, until the last few years I completely took for granted what Tom has done. Unquestioned GOAT though.
    cheaters cant be goats sorry

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    16,015
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    cheaters cant be goats sorry
    Joe Montana used to be regarded as the GOAT, so the precedent has already been established that a cheater can be the GOAT.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    884
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    cheaters cant be goats sorry
    Your jealousy is showing

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    123,310
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Joe Montana used to be regarded as the GOAT, so the precedent has already been established that a cheater can be the GOAT.
    yet i think steve young is better so my point stands. My goat would be marino or young... go? I dont think people understand how limited marino and young were by the cap/team help etc.. Marino not as much because the cap came in like 1993 i believe but still. Brady forever took less because he married someone who had 100s of millions which was smart but if we are going by straight skill marino/young/rodgers are all far better than brady. Brady constantly had more help just move on

    I hated steve young so ****ing much and i still remember the packers game where we got ****ed against them on the kickoff but steve young was rodgers when the sport allowed defense to play defense.... really think about that. Steve young in his prime in todays sport would be ****ing broken.

    when i think of goats i ask myself this question... If I have 1 game to win on my life on a neutral field with neutral talent who am i choosing???? rodger/young/marino and probably mahomes are all those guys without a 2nd thought.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 11-21-2022 at 09:08 AM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    16,015
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    yet i think steve young is better so my point stands. My goat would be marino or young... go? I dont think people understand how limited marino and young were by the cap/team help etc.. Marino not as much because the cap came in like 1993 i believe but still. Brady forever took less because he married someone who had 100s of millions which was smart but if we are going by straight skill marino/young/rodgers are all far better than brady. Brady constantly had more help just move on

    I hated steve young so ****ing much and i still remember the packers game where we got ****ed against them on the kickoff but steve young was rodgers when the sport allowed defense to play defense.... really think about that. Steve young in his prime in todays sport would be ****ing broken.

    when i think of goats i ask myself this question... If I have 1 game to win on my life on a neutral field with neutral talent who am i choosing???? rodger/young/marino and probably mahomes are all those guys without a 2nd thought.
    Marino has always been my personal GOAT, but my point is most people have had Montana in the slot prior to Brady and he had help, had no cap, AND his HOF WR admitted to cheating.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    27,209
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    yet i think steve young is better so my point stands. My goat would be marino or young... go? I dont think people understand how limited marino and young were by the cap/team help etc.. Marino not as much because the cap came in like 1993 i believe but still. Brady forever took less because he married someone who had 100s of millions which was smart but if we are going by straight skill marino/young/rodgers are all far better than brady. Brady constantly had more help just move on

    I hated steve young so ****ing much and i still remember the packers game where we got ****ed against them on the kickoff but steve young was rodgers when the sport allowed defense to play defense.... really think about that. Steve young in his prime in todays sport would be ****ing broken.

    when i think of goats i ask myself this question... If I have 1 game to win on my life on a neutral field with neutral talent who am i choosing???? rodger/young/marino and probably mahomes are all those guys without a 2nd thought.
    One game? Iím going Hurts easily. Anyone who says otherwise is biased.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6,479
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Marino has always been my personal GOAT, but my point is most people have had Montana in the slot prior to Brady and he had help, had no cap, AND his HOF WR admitted to cheating.
    I still consider Marino for having the most passing yards in one season when you consider what the league as a whole was doing at the time.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    49,201
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Marino has always been my personal GOAT, but my point is most people have had Montana in the slot prior to Brady and he had help, had no cap, AND his HOF WR admitted to cheating.
    Ok, but Montana didnít cheat then did he?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    16,015
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Ok, but Montana didnít cheat then did he?
    That's terrible logic. The guy he got 386 receptions, 6,710 yards, and 67 touchdowns out of was cheating using an adhesive that made catching the ball easier, that directly impacted his career, and let's be real if Jerry was doing it it's safe to say the whole team was.

    By this logic, if Brady didn't deflate the balls himself he didn't cheat; if Bill didn't personally record the other teams' signals, he didn't cheat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •