Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Jays trade Teoscar to Seattle for Swanson and Macko

Got to say I am surprised. Swanson 57 innings last year with 0.913 WHIP. Definitely helps Jays bullpen. Macko a depth prospect.

No doubt a catcher for outfielder to follow. Springer to right?

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Got to say I am surprised. Swanson 57 innings last year with 0.913 WHIP. Definitely helps Jays bullpen. Macko a depth prospect.

No doubt a catcher for outfielder to follow. Springer to right?
    It looks to me that they should have freed some budget to fill one hole (SP or OF) through free agency while using a catcher to fill the other. We will see how it progresses from here. I am happy to see some significant change personally. Run prevention and balanced lineup were stated as priorities last off season. The Chapman trade helped defensively, but not enough IMO.
    Last edited by pebloemer; 11-16-2022 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    It looks to me that they should have freed some budget to fill one hole (SP or OF) through free agency while using a catcher to fill the other. We will see how it progresses from here. I am happy to see some significant change personally. Run prevention and balanced lineup were stated as priorities last off season. The Chapman trade helped defensively, but not enough IMO.
    Has to be another move coming. Outfielder for sure, maybe two. Jays just DFA Tapia and Bradley, Zimmer. Gurriel in his last year. Or they sign a big free agent. Teoscar trade frees up some salary

Soo (maybe include extra parts) and trade :

Moreno for carroll
    Kirk for nootbar and Montgomery
    Sign rodon
    Kikuchi to pen
    Extend Jansen
    Dfa/trade thornton, Richards, Kay, hatch, merryweather

Makes a great team this year and in the future. Rickey takes Montgomery spot next year. Only lgj and bass and Chapman would need replaced after next season which I think should be internal fills by then.

Manoah
    Gaus
    Rodon
    Berrios
    Montgomery

Romano
    Garcia
    Bass
    Swanson
    Cimber
    Mayza
    White
    Kikuchi

Springer rf
    Bo ss
    Vlad 1b
    Carroll cf
    Nootbar lf
    Guierriel dh
    Chapman 3b
    Jansen c
    Whit/espinal/biggio 2b
    Last edited by wamco; 11-17-2022 at 03:59 PM.

Sorry Wamco, but when Jano gets hurt as usual..... who are we calling up to start since you've trade away our future catchers?

I forget who was on the fan590 this morning but he was talking about how it would be hard to move Jansen/Kirk after moving teo. Canít subtract 2 all stars and expect to contend next season. He said he is expecting a moreno trade, but expressed disappointment in atkins most likely missing morenoís peak value.

It was Ben Nicholson I think.

You guys might be right about 2b. I could see them running with what we have there. Biggio, barger could possibly step up there. Not my ideal plan as I wanted a star SS and bo moved over. If they arenít going to fix the IF then I want a full revamp of the OF. LGjr does not have a LF bat in the ALE.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I forget who was on the fan590 this morning but he was talking about how it would be hard to move Jansen/Kirk after moving teo. Canít subtract 2 all stars and expect to contend next season. He said he is expecting a moreno trade, but expressed disappointment in atkins most likely missing morenoís peak value.

You guys might be right about 2b. I could see them running with what we have there. Biggio, barger could possibly step up there. Not my ideal plan as I wanted a star SS and bo moved over. If they arenít going to fix the IF then I want a full revamp of the OF. LGjr does not have a LF bat in the ALE.
    I also want Bo moved over. It is a disservice to the team to have him play SS. Espinal is an excellent defensive infielder. Why would the team not put the vastly superior defender in that spot...? Part of me is hoping for a Dansby Swanson signing in the hope they can move Bo over. But with holes in the OF and SP I don't expect that to happen. Trading Gurriel too wouldn't upset me either. I'd welcome a full OF revamp too. For such a "young" team, our OF feels like it got old pretty quick.

Atkins was on Sportsnet last night, said they are concentrating on run prevention. I would expect major move for a pitcher. May sign a glove as extra outfielder

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Atkins was on Sportsnet last night, said they are concentrating on run prevention. I would expect major move for a pitcher. May sign a glove as extra outfielder
    So that would mean weíre going Whit and Cavan in the OF?

Quote Originally Posted by town123 View Post
    Sorry Wamco, but when Jano gets hurt as usual..... who are we calling up to start since you've trade away our future catchers?
    Iím not actually advocating for it. Just outside the box idea. Sell high and sell high. If Jansen goes down, we be just like 90 pct of teams and have a no hit catcher. A catcher would be signed of course to be his mlb backup and a catcher would be signed to play in mlb.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post

I was coming here to post the same about Moreno maybe being the one to move at this point after teo. I figured that would make you happy.

Iím totally fine with witt/espinal/biggio at 2b next year. Witt backs up of, biggio 1b, espinal ss/3b.
    Witt prob cooked but weíll see and is supposed to be the kind of clubhouse guy they want. Biggio gets a chance to show if he bounces back. Shift gone helps him as does robo umps when they come. Espinal is prob who he is which is a good enough to carve a long mlb career I fell especially as
    He bashed lefties

I also want Bo moved over. It is a disservice to the team to have him play SS. Espinal is an excellent defensive infielder. Why would the team not put the vastly superior defender in that spot...? Part of me is hoping for a Dansby Swanson signing in the hope they can move Bo over. But with holes in the OF and SP I don't expect that to happen. Trading Gurriel too wouldn't upset me either. I'd welcome a full OF revamp too. For such a "young" team, our OF feels like it got old pretty quick.
    I like gurriel a lot as a person to root for but one year left and hasnít broken out yet, has moved repeatedly down the defensive spectrum and still canít field or take a walk. I 100 pct feel there is a strong chance he has a monster year somewhere with a 300 average and 30 hr but at some point you have to move on. I think he is very easy to replace.

D BACKS, just traded for an OF, almost like they are about to move oneÖ

Swanson pitched 53.2 innings in 2022, 8.2 of those innings were considered High Leverage with an ERA of 5.19

We traded Teo for a middling reliever.

A pure salary dump

Team ainít young anymore. That window is closed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast