Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    For both parties, the midterm results reflect a shift to the middle ground to the dismay of progressives on one end and whatever the pleasant label is for folks on the other end.

That probably means a return to slightly liberal leaning on social issues and slightly conservative leaning on economic issues.

Unfortunately, mediocrity is hardly what the country needs in order to address the real challenges of the 21st century.
    Agreed. While the status quo may not help the regular person its exactly what many politicians, corporations and others benefiting like to see.

Republicans will sell owning the house as a win. Democrats will sell owning the senate as a win. The reality is the establishment once again wins and we will see little actually change overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ortforshort View Post
    For the last two years, the Dems have been doing this pathetic dance that fools no one (with any intelligence).

They say they couldn't pass the legislation they wanted even tho' they controlled the House, Senate and the White House because of two Dem senators: Sinema and Manchin

Where there's a Will there's a Way. And there was no will in the Democratic party to fight Sinema's and Manchin's blocking of legislation.

The Way would have been what any party leaders do to to keep their members in line: Cut off every nickel of funding to them by the party and threaten to spend a fortune on primary-ing them in the next election. This was never done to Sinema and Manchin. The reason: the Dems were more than happy NOT to pass legislation that would help the general public against the wishes of their masters, the 1%. Sinema and Manchin would have caved in a heartbeat as feeding at the party trough is what all of these political whores in congress live for.

The reason that the Dems are pleased with the outcome of the midterms is that they don't have to do this fake idiot dance making believe they can't control Manchin and Sinema any more.

Now that the Republicans own the House, the Dems have an easy peasy built in excuse: It's the Republicans. Done.

There is still a large part of the idiot Democratic base who still buy this BS dance apparently. What fools they are!
    This is the stupidest post Ive ever seen on this site. First off, Dems DID pass legislation. They passed an infrastructure bill and the IRA. That alone discredits the rest of the this inane post.

Secondly, are you suggesting that Dems would have been mad about keeping the House? You think that sounds intelligent, rather than insane ramblings of a mental patient?
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.

-JFK

Well, of course, a moderate finds it funny. Y'all got what you wanted. "The Dems did pass legislation". Yeah, I can hear your base cheering like hell about that, like environmentalists, retirees, and people depending on the child credit policy whose needs weren't met. The policy that affected them the most was cut during that circle jerk the DNC held. I know, cause I watched it happen.

Thinking people weren't going to be pissed about that.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences.

Robert Louis Stevenson

No one thinks the Democrats have more control over what happens than people that don't like them. It's bizarre.

"It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Well, of course, a moderate finds it funny. Y'all got what you wanted. "The Dems did pass legislation". Yeah, I can hear your base cheering like hell about that, like environmentalists, retirees, and people depending on the child credit policy whose needs weren't met. The policy that affected them the most was cut during that circle jerk the DNC held. I know, cause I watched it happen.

Thinking people weren't going to be pissed about that.
    I am cheering because Republicans and fascists lost. I get way more of a thrill about Republicans losing than Dems winning.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    No one thinks the Democrats have more control over what happens than people that don't like them. It's bizarre.
    With the democratic base, depends if promises weren't met. Especially from a Democratic candidate who people vote for as "Anybody but Trump".
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Robert Louis Stevenson

With the democratic base, depends if promises weren't met. Especially from a Democratic candidate who people vote for as "Anybody but Trump".
    And apparently you do not have the ability to figure out the difference between "promises weren't met because I chose not to keep them" and "promises weren't met because circumstances outside of my control prevented me from keeping them."

It's like blaming someone for being late because an accident closed down the highway they were on.

"It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

And apparently you do not have the ability to figure out the difference between "promises weren't met because I chose not to keep them" and "promises weren't met because circumstances outside of my control prevented me from keeping them."

It's like blaming someone for being late because an accident closed down the highway they were on.
    You are right, that is why I didn't vote for Biden. I knew he was going to follow thru on his promises. You do remember our argument about that when the moderates start throwing around that he will be the next FDR. Most progressive president since FDR. That I, a leftist, should believe in him. He's working to get what you and the progressive want. It seems the moderate posters here believe those campaign promises as well to push that drivel. Needed your pep talk I guess.

Agree with you, that is why those who voted for Biden are pissed. I'm not. Biden is Biden. Silly to expect a moderate to push progressive promises. It still won't beat Hillary declaring herself a progressive before getting her arse handed to her because voters didn't believe her crap and campaign promises either. People are slowly catching on to that campaign promises thing and not showing up. Bright future for the democrat.

Think those pissed-off silly people will vote for Biden in 2024? Trust is hard to get back if lost.
    Last edited by WES445; 11-22-2022 at 12:42 AM.

Will Rogers

Robert Louis Stevenson

You are right, that is why I didn't vote for Biden. I knew he was going to follow thru on his promises. You do remember our argument about that when the moderates start throwing around that he will be the next FDR. Most progressive president since FDR. It seems the moderate posters here believe those campaign promises as well to push that drivel. Needed your pep talk I guess.

Agree with you, that is why those who voted for Biden are pissed. I'm not. Biden is Biden. Silly to expect a moderate to push progressive promises.
    I don't recall ever saying he'd be the next FDR - I also didn't vote for him in the primary - but if you'd like me to start putting things other people say onto you as well, I'm happy to do so.

The rest of this just appears to be you understanding exactly zero of what you read.

Here's hoping we're not hit by an asteroid any time soon or you'll find a way to blame that on Biden too.

**** Kari Lake. That sore loser POS.

Now election officials in Arizona are getting death threats by her supporters. This MAGA crap needs to end once and for all.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward (14) Fernando (shrunken) Testis Jr.

I don't recall ever saying he'd be the next FDR - I also didn't vote for him in the primary - but if you'd like me to start putting things other people say onto you as well, I'm happy to do so.

The rest of this just appears to be you understanding exactly zero of what you read.

Here's hoping we're not hit by an asteroid any time soon or you'll find a way to blame that on Biden too.
    So the moderates here weren't building up Biden as a progressive presiden at the begining of his term? And we didn't have a blowout about Manchin's worth to Biden's efforts. With Spock and Valde chiming in as well?

Cool. Who are you again?

You forget I don't blame Biden. I didn't have faith in Biden, to begin with, thus I didn't vote for him period. It's his pissed-off voters who blame him. He doing what I expected him to do.

Now give us a "You didn't believe in Biden" instead of "Blaming Biden"
    Last edited by WES445; 11-22-2022 at 12:57 AM.

Will Rogers

Robert Louis Stevenson

So the moderates here weren't building up Biden as a progressive presiden at the begining of his term? And we didn't have a blowout about Manchin's worth to Biden's efforts. With Spock and Valde chiming in as well?

Cool. Who are you again?
    I wasn't here at the beginning of his term, so you'd have to ask them what they were doing.

I'm not the one who wishes the Republicans still had the Senate; you, apparently, still are. I guess that's who you are.

I wasn't here at the beginning of his term, so you'd have to ask them what they were doing.

I'm not the one who wishes the Republicans still had the Senate; you, apparently, still are. I guess that's who you are.
    I am for the republicans since I don't support the democrats. Well got damn won't wonder cease to happen. I'm surprised more people than yourself didn't catch on after all my numerous weak-arse jokes about Trump and the Republicans.

Down with BLM, up with the Proud Boys, give me some more Trump, and let Candace Owens preach. That felt good, thanks for pushing me out of the closet. looll And all that time and donations wasted on Bernie when it could have gone to Trump if I only have been honest with myself.

MOMMA, MOMMA. I'M A BLACK REPUBLICAN WILL YOU STILL LET ME IN THE HOUSE?

I made that statement when? Sometime before or after or during your time here?
    Last edited by WES445; 11-22-2022 at 01:14 AM.

Will Rogers

Robert Louis Stevenson

I am for the republicans since I don't support the democrats. Well got damn won't wonder cease to happen. I'm surprised more people than yourself didn't catch on after all my numerous weak-arse jokes about Trump and the Republicans.

Down with BLM, up with the Proud Boys, give me some more Trump, and let Candace Owens preach. That felt good, thanks for pushing me out of the closet. looll And all that time and donations wasted on Bernie when it could have gone to Trump if I only have been honest with myself.

MOMMA, MOMMA. I'M A BLACK REPUBLICAN WILL YOU STILL LET ME IN THE HOUSE?

I made that statement when? Sometime before or after or during your time here?
    Glad you got whatever that was out of your system.

Remind me again, what happens in the Senate the past two years of Manchin is not a Democrat? I assume you know, but maybe that's just me overestimating you here. Or who knows, maybe there's some super secret Option C I don't know about that you can educate me on!

Glad you got whatever that was out of your system.

Remind me again, what happens in the Senate the past two years of Manchin is not a Democrat? I assume you know, but maybe that's just me overestimating you here. Or who knows, maybe there's some super secret Option C I don't know about that you can educate me on!
    Why? I'm not interested in educating you, not my job. Don't get me wrong. That heartfelt cry for education did touch me. Dropped a tear. Remind me of my dog when he begs for a treat he isn't getting.
    Last edited by WES445; 11-22-2022 at 02:35 AM.

Will Rogers

Robert Louis Stevenson

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast