Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman

Rizzo back with the Yanks 2/40 deal

Updates to follow

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Disregard

Last edited by OhSoSlick; 11-15-2022 at 05:57 PM.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Yes!!!!!!!!

The Rizzo deal is for 2 years, $34M with a club option for $17M for a third year. The buyout in the third year is for $6M
    - Jack Curry

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Very solid deal

Ignorance is bliss

I’m really good with this deal. Excellent club house guy, platinum level defense, hits bombs, and no shift next season his avg should bump up a little. If this also helps sign Judge then even better. Also the 2 years I don’t think he’s blocking anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Not only is it a good deal, but it is literally exactly what I expected. I love when that happens. 2 years with an option for a third at $17 million per and a buyout of the third year for $40 million guaranteed. Awesome. Gives us a platinum fielding 1B to guide the young middle infield. Locks up Judge's best friend, but gives us flexibility after 2 years, so it doesn't entirely prevent us from pursuing Munetaka Murakami in another year or two. If it happens, might have to rotate the DH around for about a year, before he takes over for Rizzo, if it comes to that.

I like Rizzo a lot as a person. I don't love the low average though. I do hope the shift changes will improve his average and make him a more effective hitter. If so he could be worth a lot more next season. I still wish they had signed Freeman instead of the offseason moves they made last season though.

Given what's available this offseason though I am happy with this move.

U had a realistic choice of DJ, Bell, Brandon Belt and Rizzo. Rizzo was the right choice IMO this yr.

This deal with Rizzo also perfectly aligns with when Murakami will.come over. 100% believe they plan on going after him as hard as they went after Tanaka and Cole

Rizzo is the right choice for 1B, in my opinion.

If they plan on running back out IKF at SS, they need a great defender at first to make up for IKFs lack of an arm and errant throws.

Or if they go with any of the rookies, having a great defender at first in theory should relax them knowing as long as it's near rizzo, the odds are he will get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    I like Rizzo a lot as a person. I don't love the low average though. I do hope the shift changes will improve his average and make him a more effective hitter. If so he could be worth a lot more next season. I still wish they had signed Freeman instead of the offseason moves they made last season though.

Given what's available this offseason though I am happy with this move.
    They thought it wiser to spend 26 mil per for 2 years of a 36 year old third baseman, than go 6 years at 28-30 mil for Freeman.

I love Rizzo. I think he's a great guy to have. I agree with you about the super low average. I would guess his BA goes up 30-40 points this year. I think he ends up 250-270 with good run production.

I am thrilled the shift is gone. I always disliked it.

Ignorance is bliss

1) Don't love Rizzo. We need a legit star 1B, but no one really out there. We need to develop one.

2) I don't like the shift, but its evolution. If Major League hitters cannot hit around it, that's their problem. We shouldn't change the rules to accommodate them.
    Time to double down on the 'Spects!

Quote Originally Posted by Laying Low View Post
    1) Don't love Rizzo. We need a legit star 1B, but no one really out there. We need to develop one.

2) I don't like the shift, but its evolution. If Major League hitters cannot hit around it, that's their problem. We shouldn't change the rules to accommodate them.
    LL, how's it going buddy?

The Yanks really like and want NPB star 1st baseman, Munetaka Murakami. He's just turning 22, hit over 318/458/711 in 550 ABs and he broke the league record for HRs with 58. He's LHed and plays an above avg 1st base defensively.

He sounds like he want to come over before he has 5yrs of service time or turns 25. If he can get his team to post him, he'll come over as an IFA like Ohtani did to get here sooner. He'll either come over after next yr if his team will post him or the following yr after he surpasses the 5yr service time.

I can't stress enough how much the Yanks want and love this kid.

They really don't have a true elite 1st base spec in the system.

Murakami is 100% who the Yanks want at 1st going forward and I'll be very surprised if they don't get him. They want him as badly as they wanted Cole.

Rizzo numbers will get better next yr with the shift going away and resigning him was a huge factor in their efforts to retain Judge. Rizzo doesn't have a no trade clause and at 17m AAV and such a short term deal, he's easily tradable if they are able to sign Murakami

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    They thought it wiser to spend 26 mil per for 2 years of a 36 year old third baseman, than go 6 years at 28-30 mil for Freeman.

I love Rizzo. I think he's a great guy to have. I agree with you about the super low average. I would guess his BA goes up 30-40 points this year. I think he ends up 250-270 with good run production.

I am thrilled the shift is gone. I always disliked it.
    I think Freeman was a big miss last year. He would’ve been the perfect compliment to this lineup, could’ve changed everything for this team. Rizzo is solid and certainly wasn’t an issue, but Freeman is an elite difference maker.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I think Freeman was a big miss last year. He would’ve been the perfect compliment to this lineup, could’ve changed everything for this team. Rizzo is solid and certainly wasn’t an issue, but Freeman is an elite difference maker.
    I love Rizzo but yes. Freeman would have made the team a very legit contender.

Ignorance is bliss

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast