Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Do you really think the Yanks would eat 100M plus for Stanton. I think if we covered the money the Marlins are paying and Stanton is willing to waive his NT clause, he's easily movable for 21.5 AAV.

I don't think Ohtani is worth the 50m AAV he's looking for
    Well, anything is possible, but the only way to get him to waive he NTC is to put him on the bench and play someone else or platoon him with a lefty hitter. Do you really want to pay Ohtani $50 Million per season and then platoon him with Stanton who you are also counts more than $20 million against your luxury tax? $70 million for the DH spot sounds like a lot to me. Losing his DH role would embarrass Stanton and also be a bad look for the organization, but we shouldn't care about that, right? What if Stanton says F U and just sits on the bench or you have to play him in the OF and bench Benni or Nimmo or not bring up Dominguez or Spencer Jones when they are ready.

It's not like what we would do if we get our 1B target from Japan at minimal cost, while Rizzo's still under contract and he and Rizzo share time between 1B and DH, eating into Stanton's DH at bats with Stanton playing the occasional OF. At least in that scenario, the player you get is making minimal dollars and can play another position on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Well, anything is possible, but the only way to get him to waive he NTC is to put him on the bench and play someone else or platoon him with a lefty hitter. Do you really want to pay Ohtani $50 Million per season and then platoon him with Stanton who you are also counts more than $20 million against your luxury tax? $70 million for the DH spot sounds like a lot to me. Losing his DH role would embarrass Stanton and also be a bad look for the organization, but we shouldn't care about that, right? What if Stanton says F U and just sits on the bench or you have to play him in the OF and bench Benni or Nimmo or not bring up Dominguez or Spencer Jones when they are ready.

It's not like what we would do if we get our 1B target from Japan at minimal cost, while Rizzo's still under contract and he and Rizzo share time between 1B and DH, eating into Stanton's DH at bats with Stanton playing the occasional OF. At least in that scenario, the player you get is making minimal dollars and can play another position on the field.
    Lol, you're mistaking he as someone who wants Ohtani, I would much rather sign on premier pitcher and one good hitter for 50m instead of spending that all on Ohtani. As currently constructed Ohtani is a bad fit, IMO

Everything I've been told is the Yanks are in love with Murakami, they signed Rizzo for 2yrs so that if he's posted after that they can be all in on signing him. Another thing that makes me believe that is true, because with Murakami's celebrity and all the HR hype around him, he'll be worth 100m a yr in revenue for that market.

As much as they like Ohtani, they like the idea of Murakami far more. At the very latest they would get him for his age 25 season. He should be able to come over in 2yrs because you are supposed to have played 5yrs in another professional league or be 25 to come over as an UFA. Murakami should be posted the same yr the Rizzo contract is over. I will be very, very surprised if the Yanks don't do everything in their power to get Murakami

Murakami can also play an avg 3rd base and is said to be able to handle LH. He's a 1st baseman for me but I definitely think he ends up a Yankee. I can hear the call now Murakami hits a grand salami

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Lol, you're mistaking he as someone who wants Ohtani, I would much rather sign on premier pitcher and one good hitter for 50m instead of spending that all on Ohtani. As currently constructed Ohtani is a bad fit, IMO

Everything I've been told is the Yanks are in love with Murakami, they signed Rizzo for 2yrs so that if he's posted after that they can be all in on signing him. Another thing that makes me believe that is true, because with Murakami's celebrity and all the HR hype around him, he'll be worth 100m a yr in revenue for that market.

As much as they like Ohtani, they like the idea of Murakami far more. At the very latest they would get him for his age 25 season. He should be able to come over in 2yrs because you are supposed to have played 5yrs in another professional league or be 25 to come over as an UFA. Murakami should be posted the same yr the Rizzo contract is over. I will be very, very surprised if the Yanks don't do everything in their power to get Murakami

Murakami can also play an avg 3rd base and is said to be able to handle LH. He's a 1st baseman for me but I definitely think he ends up a Yankee. I can hear the call now Murakami hits a grand salami
    Awesome. We are definitely on the same page.

Yankees tried to trade for Ohtani so I guess they didn't see an issue with him and Stanton coexisting?

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Yankees tried to trade for Ohtani so I guess they didn't see an issue with him and Stanton coexisting?
    They also didn't see an issue trading for IKF and Donaldson.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Maybe, or perhaps they were checking in, because the trade pieces would have hurt substantially, since it would cost 2 of their 3 top prospects and possibly 5 of their top 10, say Volpe, Dominguez, Waldichuck, Wesnewski, etc. So instead of Volpe, you'd keep Torres and instead of Dominguez, you'd have an aging player in LF.

Plus, there's a difference between having him on your roster for 1 1/2 years prior to free agency and signing him to a 10 year contract at $50 million per year.

Also, Stanton was able to play LF at the time and they didn't have Benni. Don't get me wrong, if they got him, they'd figure out a way to integrate him into the lineup. Stanton would sit or play the OF most days and whatever LF they sign would not play much and be wasted money.

Then, both Ohtani and Judge would each play less than 150 games, which wastes their talent.

Also, this was prior to Rizzo re-signing, so you had the possibility of a 1B option, though I think he stretched his ankle or something when he last played 1B in Japan.

Then, there is the Judge situation in which they didn't and still don't know if he'd re-sign.

There are a lot of moving parts, timing and challenges, but of course if you could get him, you'd find a way to play him.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Stanton would have been a full time OF. I wonder how long that would have lasted?

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    They also didn't see an issue trading for IKF and Donaldson.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Haha true.

My guess is they donít care about Stanton too much where it would prevent them from getting a guy like Ohtani. Stanton would probably have to play the field most of the time where he would get hurt and solve the issue fairly quickly anyways. Regardless of if they get Ohtani or not, they should try to eat a little money to trade Stanton.

Stanton would be playing right field in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Stanton would be playing right field in that case.
    stanton will be on the dl one or 2 times a season maybe 60 games or more..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12