Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do the Yankees have a plan B if they don't sign Judge?

Do the Yankees have a plan B if they don't sign Judge?

Sell the Team, HAL!

No, I really don't think so. I think Judge is their only plan at this point.

If there is a plan B, it's like a retool or rebuild

With Rizzo back, i'd put Judge at 80%

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I agree with Day. Plan B is a rebuild.

Ignorance is bliss

The New York Yankees are growing more confident that star outfielder Aaron Judge will return

From everything both sides have gathered, it strongly appears that no team will outdo any Yankees offer

Judge also told Hal Steinbrenner during their meeting that they’ll have last word

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I agree with Day. Plan B is a rebuild.
    I really doubt rebuild is in their vocabulary. I would think they pivot to another high profile FA. Maybe Bogaerts, Correa or Drury. If they jettison JD Drury makes some sense. Nimmo? I don't think so, not with his fragile nature. Turner? Verlander?

Although after listening to Hal I am not sure what direction they take. I don't see them punting, but it is very likely they could. Very much out of character, but lately well within the realm of possibility.

Sell the Team, HAL!

I do agree he'll be back, I have always felt that the Yankees would do whatever it takes to retain him.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I really doubt rebuild is in their vocabulary. I would think they pivot to another high profile FA. Maybe Bogaerts, Correa or Drury. If they jettison JD Drury makes some sense. Nimmo? I don't think so, not with his fragile nature. Turner? Verlander?

Although after listening to Hal I am not sure what direction they take. I don't see them punting, but it is very likely they could. Very much out of character, but lately well within the realm of possibility.
    Maybe sign a mid tier player and keep some money for a big FA like Ohtani or Devers next year?

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Maybe sign a mid tier player and keep some money for a big FA like Ohtani or Devers next year?
    i could see it

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I definitely see this as a good possibility

I think they will try and see what they have in Peraza, Cabrera, and Volpe. And then if a couple of them are good/ready, they will fill a few holes. Then they go and spend on what they need

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I definitely see this as a good possibility

I think they will try and see what they have in Peraza, Cabrera, and Volpe. And then if a couple of them are good/ready, they will fill a few holes. Then they go and spend on what they need
    agreed

The Yankees have been obsessed with Ohtani for a while now. It’d be hard to see them not making a play to get him. Although, he turned down NY once before.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    He is one of the few players I would sell the farm for but. not for a rental, only if he signed a long term deal.

Ignorance is bliss

Ohtani is a superstar, but he is problematic for two reasons:
    1) He only pitches every 6 days and destroys the rhythm of your rotation and / or makes you start an inferior pitcher on the 6th day. He'd be better as a closer, who can come into the game to pitch.
    2) He only plays DH and it is difficult to fit him on the team for a long-term contract when you have Stanton currently and Judge in another 5 years needing reps there. Not to mention if we get another 1B and have to have him and Rizzo have some at bats there as well. It is so much better to go with someone at DH who can also play another position. If we did trade for Ohtani, since Stanton has a NTC, one of the costs might be the release of Stanton and paying off his entire remaining contract.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Ohtani is a superstar, but he is problematic for two reasons:
    1) He only pitches every 6 days and destroys the rhythm of your rotation and / or makes you start an inferior pitcher on the 6th day. He'd be better as a closer, who can come into the game to pitch.
    2) He only plays DH and it is difficult to fit him on the team for a long-term contract when you have Stanton currently and Judge in another 5 years needing reps there. Not to mention if we get another 1B and have to have him and Rizzo have some at bats there as well. It is so much better to go with someone at DH who can also play another position. If we did trade for Ohtani, since Stanton has a NTC, one of the costs might be the release of Stanton and paying off his entire remaining contract.
    Do you really think the Yanks would eat 100M plus for Stanton. I think if we covered the money the Marlins are paying and Stanton is willing to waive his NT clause, he's easily movable for 21.5 AAV.

I don't think Ohtani is worth the 50m AAV he's looking for

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Do you really think the Yanks would eat 100M plus for Stanton. I think if we covered the money the Marlins are paying and Stanton is willing to waive his NT clause, he's easily movable for 21.5 AAV.

I don't think Ohtani is worth the 50m AAV he's looking for
    I had the same thought.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast