Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 73 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    At this point, I can’t see the Mets signing more than one guy. They’re going to end up signing a good mid rotation pitcher…roll the dice with who it is. Taillon, Senga, Bassitt, and Heaney I’m going to guess are the main targets, with Taillon and Heaney leading the pack. I would really like the Mets to go after Senga, I’m confident his stuff will play and that the Mets pitching department could help him transition easily.

Personally, I would go after Senga then possibly sign another guy who can act as a fill in. No name really comes to mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Senga is my top choice because of the upside but I also agree. I think Taillon or Heaney lead the pack too

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

https://youtu.be/WVq-Iqh7-YI

Andy Martino said that Mets tried to get Jameson Taillon right before they got Verlander. So definitely someone I can see them getting

Honestly I'm curious how much JDM will cost as our full time DH. Unless the plan is Alvarez there. But I'd like Alvarez as the C and JDM as the DH. That will be a massive upgrade in the offense

Hoping Nimmo signs with someone else. Like to add Bellinger and Correa then. We will have more speed more power and better defense and we out do Philly. Trade Batty for pitcher

Correa seems like a pipe dream. We aren't going 350MM

Don't see us signing any more big fish.

Nimmo might be the most expensive player that we still might sign.

Figure we can forget about Judge, Rodon, Correa, Boegarts, ect.

I just hope we don't trade top prospects for 1 year of someone, unless it's Ohtani.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Don't see us signing any more big fish.

Nimmo might be the most expensive player that we still might sign.

Figure we can forget about Judge, Rodon, Correa, Boegarts, ect.

I just hope we don't trade top prospects for 1 year of someone, unless it's Ohtani.
    I think NImmo is gone and the Mets know it. Mets appear to have set their sights on Benintendi.
    I like Senga, and perhaps Heaney as well. I could even see the Mets bring back WAlker.

I'm guessing Megill will work out of the BP. Maybe the Mets could use Peterson as trade bait and I suppose Luchesi will start at AAA. Looks like Mets are not interested in bring back Lugo from what I have read.

The elevant in the room is Ottavino who is probably looking for 3 years at $8M per. I would give to him. Also, I like to see May return, but at a much reduced salary, maybe $5M on a one year deal.

I also hope the Mets can get rid of the platoon at DH. I know, many like Vogelbach, but it would be better to have one person be the DH most of the time.

I wonder if they hope Alvarez is the primary DH so he doesn't have to focus on catching and hitting in his rookie year

Also I wonder what they do if they get Benintendi as he's more a LF. Do you have Canha in CF? Try to trade Canha? Have him off the bench or as a platoon? I guess I can see the thought process here of two gold glovers in LF and RF so you can be okay with less range in CF.

Maybe then you can go Canha and a defensive whiz who doesn't need to play everyday at CF but who would that be? Would Kiermaier accept a platoon role? Bellinger definitely wouldn't

Last edited by kyubi256; 12-06-2022 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    I wonder if they hope Alvarez is the primary DH so he doesn't have to focus on catching and hitting in his rookie year

Also I wonder what they do if they get Benintendi as he's more a LF. Do you have Canha in CF? Try to trade Canha? Have him off the bench or as a platoon? I guess I can see the thought process here of two gold glovers in LF and RF so you can be okay with less range in CF.

Maybe then you can go Canha and a defensive whiz who doesn't need to play everyday at CF but who would that be? Would Kiermaier accept a platoon role? Bellinger definitely wouldn't

Just offer Judge $328 for 8 years and call the offense done

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    That would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    this.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    this.
    They're not getting Judge. People might not like the timeline but the big fish is probably Ohtani next offseason.

Rodon isn't happening either. Thats why although Senga is the most unknown he might be the best value as well because he has the most talent of the SP available besides Rodon. Its worth taking a shot.

Reportedly the Padres offered Trea Turner 341 million dollars for 11 years and he turned it down. Thats how bad he wanted to play on the East coast.

https://mobile.twitter.com/molly_kni...75867187318784

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    They're not getting Judge. People might not like the timeline but the big fish is probably Ohtani next offseason.

Rodon isn't happening either. Thats why although Senga is the most unknown he might be the best value as well because he has the most talent of the SP available besides Rodon. Its worth taking a shot.
    They’re getting Ohtani next year.

Ohtani expands his market to the east coast, he has ties with Eppler, and is good friends with Verander’s brother.

He will be a Met. Come back to this in 14 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Mets signed Tommy Hunter and Reid-Foley to minor league contracts today. I was actually pulling for Hunter to return. He is still recovering from surgery a year or so ago, but I think he did a decent job in the BP. But now the Mets have him in the minors, even better than a major league contract. Reid-Foley had TJ surgery this past season, so he may not be pitching right away for Syracuse.

Page 26 of 73 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast