Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 179
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,916
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    Anyone else feel like this is another thread about the GQP complaining that society rightfully wants to distance themselves from the insanity that has become the republican party?

    "Why is the political environment so toxic? Why do people hate on me because I want to control a uterus? Why do people hate on me because I spread lies? Why do people hate on me because I sympathize with nazi style rallies? Why do people hate on me because I post jokes? Why do people hate on me because I say one thing but do the opposite? Why do people hate on me when I complain about something but then simultaneously support it when it benefits me?"

    These are the questions really being asked.

    As has been said already, freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom of consequence. You say inflammatory and hateful things, you face consequences. People don't want to be around you anymore. People don't want to associate with you. And despite all attempts at civil discussion, after enough "cry some more"s people just say forget this fool.

    Interestingly enough, the start of this post screams "I need to cry about something". Hold on while I call the wambulance.
    I donít talk politics irl outside of on psd tbh because of morons like you


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    5,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    I saw this thread on Twitter and was curious. If your best friend was on the other side of you politically would you ever consider losing your friendship with them over their political beliefs?

    https://twitter.com/michelletandler/...1BFpUA4JqDT9Xw


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Depends how batshit they are.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.Ē

    -JFK


  3. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    19,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    I donít talk politics irl outside of on psd tbh because of morons like you


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I bet that is the reason people don't talk to you about politics.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

    Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences.

    Robert Louis Stevenson

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    I donít talk politics irl outside of on psd tbh because of morons like you


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    With every post, you prove why people want to distance themselves from you.

    Adding on to the answer to your question: republicans make their political beliefs the most important part of their identity. So much so, that they willingly share those beliefs whether a conversation goes in that direction or not. They so desperately need validation because deep down they know that they are the minority. Any question, even if done in a civil discussion, to their beliefs is questioning who they are as a person, which is why they feel attacked. It's likely why you so quickly responded with an insult.

    There needs to be other parts of your identity that outweigh your political beliefs. I also think republicans really need to work on their empathy skills and their ability to have a real conversation. Get to know others outside of your circle. Hear their experiences. Learn that the American experience isn't the same for everyone.

    Finally, I think there has been so much toxicity because republicans have eroded the idea of democracy itself. Democracy means that some people will lose. It means that a candidate you supported will lose. It means that a policy you didn't like might get implemented. Accepting those things has been a core part of democracy. But ever since we had a massive misinformation campaign centered around someone who couldn't accept losing, we've seen that spread like a virus. And now we have people who make this all about winning and losing rather than democracy. So this political environment is filled with republicans who call fraud before an election even takes place, which makes it all about winning and losing rather than the democratic process itself.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,916
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    With every post, you prove why people want to distance themselves from you.

    Adding on to the answer to your question: republicans make their political beliefs the most important part of their identity. So much so, that they willingly share those beliefs whether a conversation goes in that direction or not. They so desperately need validation because deep down they know that they are the minority. Any question, even if done in a civil discussion, to their beliefs is questioning who they are as a person, which is why they feel attacked. It's likely why you so quickly responded with an insult.

    There needs to be other parts of your identity that outweigh your political beliefs. I also think republicans really need to work on their empathy skills and their ability to have a real conversation. Get to know others outside of your circle. Hear their experiences. Learn that the American experience isn't the same for everyone.

    Finally, I think there has been so much toxicity because republicans have eroded the idea of democracy itself. Democracy means that some people will lose. It means that a candidate you supported will lose. It means that a policy you didn't like might get implemented. Accepting those things has been a core part of democracy. But ever since we had a massive misinformation campaign centered around someone who couldn't accept losing, we've seen that spread like a virus. And now we have people who make this all about winning and losing rather than democracy. So this political environment is filled with republicans who call fraud before an election even takes place, which makes it all about winning and losing rather than the democratic process itself.
    Right. Republicans really need to work on their empathy while you call everyone who is a Republican gpq etc

    You realize thereís actual republicans who donít support Trump, and arenít all batshit crazy, right?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,916
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    With every post, you prove why people want to distance themselves from you.

    Adding on to the answer to your question: republicans make their political beliefs the most important part of their identity. So much so, that they willingly share those beliefs whether a conversation goes in that direction or not. They so desperately need validation because deep down they know that they are the minority. Any question, even if done in a civil discussion, to their beliefs is questioning who they are as a person, which is why they feel attacked. It's likely why you so quickly responded with an insult.

    There needs to be other parts of your identity that outweigh your political beliefs. I also think republicans really need to work on their empathy skills and their ability to have a real conversation. Get to know others outside of your circle. Hear their experiences. Learn that the American experience isn't the same for everyone.

    Finally, I think there has been so much toxicity because republicans have eroded the idea of democracy itself. Democracy means that some people will lose. It means that a candidate you supported will lose. It means that a policy you didn't like might get implemented. Accepting those things has been a core part of democracy. But ever since we had a massive misinformation campaign centered around someone who couldn't accept losing, we've seen that spread like a virus. And now we have people who make this all about winning and losing rather than democracy. So this political environment is filled with republicans who call fraud before an election even takes place, which makes it all about winning and losing rather than the democratic process itself.
    Stacey Abrams and Hillary Clinton all questioned the results of the election before Donald Trump did but again you canít see outside of your Democratic eyes/circle


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    52,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Stacey Abrams and Hillary Clinton all questioned the results of the election before Donald Trump did but again you canít see outside of your Democratic eyes/circle


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Did you see Democrats try to take over the Capitol building after they lost elections in 2016?

    Oh, wait that was conservatives in 2020. Nevermind.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    19,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    I saw this thread on Twitter and was curious. If your best friend was on the other side of you politically would you ever consider losing your friendship with them over their political beliefs?

    https://twitter.com/michelletandler/...1BFpUA4JqDT9Xw


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In today's atmosphere, I would. Done it before with other issues as well. Hard-core Nation of Islam and Jehovah's Witness people for different reasons. I can't imagine a racist of any race or Trumpster being happy with me, with my stance, and rabid desire to rebuke them.

    I guess it depends on how hard-core they are about their issues. If someone like Dbroncisimo had liberal friends, they aren't issues-driven political nerds, otherwise, he would be dissing them as hard as he does the liberal here. The minute they tell him who they are voting for and who they despise and why.

    Or he would be a faker around them if they were.
    Last edited by WES445; 11-05-2022 at 10:51 AM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

    Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences.

    Robert Louis Stevenson

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    19,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Right. Republicans really need to work on their empathy while you call everyone who is a Republican gpq etc

    You realize thereís actual republicans who donít support Trump, and arenít all batshit crazy, right?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A lot of them left the party or were purged from Congress for not being or wanting to support Trump. The nuts have taken over the party.
    Last edited by WES445; 11-05-2022 at 11:03 AM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

    Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences.

    Robert Louis Stevenson

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    19,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Stacey Abrams and Hillary Clinton all questioned the results of the election before Donald Trump did but again you canít see outside of your Democratic eyes/circle


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Once again trying to make Trump look like the victim of supposed liberal hypercriticism.

    I guess we know "Who Cries for Trump" Keep up the good work and you'll get that orange robe.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

    Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences.

    Robert Louis Stevenson

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    20,662
    Iíll be friends with anyone that treats me and my family with respect, irregardless of party affiliation or political views. I draw a hard line though when people try to bring their views and beliefs into my house with my kids.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    20,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Stacey Abrams and Hillary Clinton all questioned the results of the election before Donald Trump did but again you canít see outside of your Democratic eyes/circle


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There is difference between questioning an antiquated system such as the electoral college and straight out denying someone that clearly won an election.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,916
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    There is difference between questioning an antiquated system such as the electoral college and straight out denying someone that clearly won an election.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Abrams said she won

    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...etType=PAYWALL

    The next day, on MSNBC, Abrams said ďit was not a free and fair election,Ē citing what she regarded as voter purges. ďBrian Kemp oversaw for eight years the systematic and systemic dismantling of our democracy and that means there could not be free and fair elections in Georgia this year.Ē

    No different than what Trump said in 2020 except Trump completely refused to acknowledge Biden as president where Abrams did at least say Kemp was governor.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Right. Republicans really need to work on their empathy while you call everyone who is a Republican gpq etc

    You realize thereís actual republicans who donít support Trump, and arenít all batshit crazy, right?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    To demonstrate empathy that means you understand another person's situation and don't try to get in the way. Democrats never tried to force republicans to get abortions, but republicans are trying to force others to give birth. Democrats never forced republicans to marry someone of the same sex, but republicans want to stop others from same sex marriage. Democrats (progressives, not the establishment) want to support everyone by adjusting tax rates for billionaires. Republicans are making life harder by giving tax breaks to billionaires.

    Name calling is not what I'm talking about and I think you know that.

    And if there are republicans that aren't batshit crazy, then they need to come out and speak up. Because right now the only ones talking are the batshit crazy ones. But even then, the quiet ones that we think aren't batshit crazy just quietly vote for all the legislation I mentioned above.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Stacey Abrams and Hillary Clinton all questioned the results of the election before Donald Trump did but again you canít see outside of your Democratic eyes/circle


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If that's you're best comparison then you already don't have a leg to stand on.

    Abrams and Clinton didn't say "stand by" or "fight like hell". They didn't outright deny the winner of the election. They didn't continue speaking publicly about it years after it happened in nazi style rallies.

    You know the differences between the two. Comparing them is useless.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •