Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

November 2022 Thread: post everything November here!

November 01, 2022. We beat the Torts Flyers 1-0. A typical Torts team—defense 1st. It was tough to score on the Flyers—Kreider got a breakaway goal in OT so we gave up a point in this one. We had a lot of chances here but couldn’t score. Of course in typical Ranger fashion it was pass, pass, pass and not enough shoot, shoot, shoot.

Another game another loss, this time to the Bruins who pretty much pushed us around.

1.To begin with Lindgren was hurt when Pasternak came from behind and threw his shoulder at Lindgren head. Which resulted in an obvious concussion. He only got 2 minutes for interference in what was an obvious dirty hit—he even admitted to it in the intermission when interviewed—he was pissed that Lindgren hit him so he went after him. This play should have resulted in more than just 2 minutes and the league should have reviewed this one and at least fined Pasternak but nonetheless it wasn’t.

2. Zac Jones once again proved he’s not ready, he literally got pushed around and made I’ll advised passes just to avoid being hit. Drury needs to realize Jones is not gonna cut it. He needs to give Robertson or Emberson a chance.

3. BTW Schneider had a beautiful hit on Fredrics that cause 2 fights at once—Greer vs Schneider and Goodrow vs. Fredrics—-where was Reaves?? I know he wasn’t on the ice on this one. But he needs to really go out of his way in games like this, run over Foligno,Fredrics, Greer.

After 2 more losses at the hands of Detroit & the Islanders, Detroit was an OT loss we finally pick up a decisive win against Detroit 8-2. Lines were tweaked in this one as Kreider was placed back on Zibenajad’s line after a game and a half of playing on the bottom 6–I really thought Kreider would have clicked on the Chytil/Kravtsov line last game but alas Gallant went back to the “kid line” Lafraniere/Chytil/Kakko and place Vesey with Kreider/Zibenajad while Panarin/Trocheck/Kravtsov were restored and Blias/Goodrow/Gauthier rounded out the forward lines. I know this was Detroit who’s in the middle of a rebuild, but this is the same team that beat us a couple of days ago so…..

I like these lines, yes even Vesey on the 1st line, that line doesn’t need a scorer, it needs a guy to do the grunt work and that’s what I think Vesey will provide—Hopefully! Fingers crossed—and a prayer! That 2nd line—-looked good, Kravtsov only got credited with 2 SOG but I counted 6-7 SOG. When he starts scoring, look out. The “kid line”, we already know what they’re capable of, it’s like having 2-2nd lines. And the 4th with Blias, Goodrow & Gauthier flying around and hitting everyone—it’s a good line as far as 4th lines go, of course there will be times when either Blais or Gauthier will find themselves on the bench in favor of Reaves. But I think Carpenter should be riding the bench the rest of the way.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 11-11-2022 at 07:59 PM.

With all that being said let’s jump to an article posted by Anthony Scultore in the ForeverBlueshirts site. It was titled: Is a New York Rangers trade with Canucks or Habs in the works? Anthony Scultore really scooped this one, he posted a pick of the scouts at the Canucks/Habs game—for us it was Garth Joy, our Associate Director of Player Personnel and Pro Scouting—now that’s a mouth full, so we can see that he isn’t just a scout, he’s a lot more. Anthony also made it a point to tell us we don’t even play either of these teams till January 5–for Montreal & February 8th for Vancouver. In his article he mentions a few possibilities for both teams. Check out his article to see who.
    1 person not mention but someone I would be looking at/into would be Kaiden Guhle.

My personal pick would be Kaiden Guhle.

And more specifically a Guhle for Zac Jones deal. It’s clear that we need a LHD with size for our third line as Jones is just too small for that spot. What would we be getting in Kaiden Guhle you ask, well from what I’ve seen he’s a lefthanded Schneider. What his scouting report is saying, well sportsforecaster.com says he has a very projectable frame and tremendous skating ability. He can do a bit of everything. NOT a PP quarterback and needs to round out all aspects of his game, granted this was his scouting report from his draft year which was 2020. Habseyesontheprize.com has an article written by Matt Drake on September 20,2022, an excerpt from the scouting report says “He is essentially the complete package and though you will find defensemen with better offensive output, those players typically won’t have the shutdown abilities that he possesses.” Let me also mention that a Jones for Guhle trade would be essentially a wash as far as cap space—Guhle’s cap hit is $863,633 to Jones’ cap hit of $925,000. We won’t be adding cap, if anything we would save cap. And the argument for Montreal making this deal is that Gorton drafted Jones, Montreal has a team of defensive defensemen ( Savard, Edmondson, Xheraj, Wideman) and could use an offensive d-man.
    Guhle is 20 yrs old & 6’2” 200 lbs.
    Jones is 22 yrs old & 5’11” 175 lbs
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 11-12-2022 at 02:49 PM.

Tough loss to Nashville, 2-1. Nashville plays a playoff style game, physical with tight defense and Saros finished second to Shesterkin in the Vezina trophy race. I think we didn’t match Nashville’s physicality. It was great to see Reaves fight.

Hey, we got a win, against yet another “Re-building” team in the Arizona Coyotes, but nonetheless a win. Gallant kept changing the lines around hoping to get a winning formula—which I think is great, shows he’s NOT asleep at the wheel and is NOT gonna give people ice time if they don’t earn it. Kravtsov was again out of the line-up, against Nashville is was the “flu”, against Arizona it was a “dental” issue—I apologize if this is truly the reasons why but right now I’m calling B.S., Conspiracy theory says we are getting ready to trade him and don’t want him to get hurt. Zac Jones was also a healthy scratch for the 2nd straight game( since I’ve gone out on a limb for Kravtsov, I might as well go out on one for Jones, he too could be getting ready to be traded—hey, we can’t continue to play middle of the road hockey—-we’ll be out of contention before you know it) Hajek continues to hold his own.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 11-14-2022 at 05:22 PM.

Another loss, albeit it was an OT loss so we got 1 pt but we should have beaten the Kraken outright. There is talk that if we don’t go down to 22 players or more specifically get out cap space down to 1 million under the cap we won’t have the equivalent of 5 mil. saved up by the time the trade deadline comes around so we need to make a move ASAP but injuries have kept us from accomplishing this. I think this is one of the mistakes Drury made this off-season. If I was Drury, knowing that we were up against the cap I would have signed a more versatile player than Carpenter or Vesey someone like a Brendan Smith who could play both defense and wing, a player like that would take the place of 2 players.

Well, we won. It was a tough game, could have gone either way. We are at the 19 game mark, 1 game away from the quarter season mark and we are a middle of the road team. We really need to do something to jump start our team/this season.

Well, well, well what do you know another loss, to another rebuilding team, granted Anaheim has a mix of vets & youth, they are a team that not being looked to as a playoff bound team.

I posted on the other thread, Drury traded Reaves for a 2025 5th Rd pick. Trading away a veteran, a team leader, a bodyguard, and a well liked, well respected player. Yes we needed to clear a little less than 1 mil. from our cap so we could have 5 mil. In cap space come trade deadline time but why not move a person that has contributed less to our team—-someone like Blias and/or Carpenter. Carpenter is not needed, we have Zibenajad,Trocheck,Chytil,& Goodrow at center. Gauthier & Vesey’s play has made Blias useless.

Another game, another loss, this time to Edmonton. What looked like an easy win after going into the 3rd period ahead 3-0 turns into a 4-3 loss. I really hope Gallant makes the “kid line” run extra laps at tomorrows practice—-there was no excuse for their lackadaisical stroll off the ice when Edmonton had the puck and advancing to the offensive zone, causing the Vesey, Trocheck, Goodrow line to get ON the ice late and resulting in an Edmonton goal and a minus 1 on the stat sheet for the Trocheck line.

And may I add this was another game in which Kravtsov was scratched. If there’s no intention to play Kravtsov then let’s hurry up and deal him, every game that he’s not playing in is just continuing to drop his value. And the same goes for Jones, but in Jones case, every day that he’s a New York Ranger his value drops because his play on the ice exposes his flaws.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 11-27-2022 at 02:48 PM.

Wow! You guys have to read Anthony Scultore’s article on the ForeverBlueshirts blog, it’s titled: Vitali Kravtsov considered extra forward, Rangers unlikely to change lineup. I won’t spoil it for you, I’ll just say you guys should read it. AND if anyone has a subscription to the Athletic, can you PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE post what’s being said by Arthur Staple: Mr.Scultore makes note that Mr. Staple has made comments with regard to Gallant being on the hot seat.

Another loss, it was expected tho’, I mean the Devils came into the game 18-4 and in 1st place, so…. Nice to see Chytil getting a shot at playing with Panarin—something I was hoping for and even happier to see they clicked, scoring our 1st goal.

Crazy day today, after 3 straight losses there’s been a lot of talk on the net. Discussions/topics include:
    1.Gallant, is he on the hot seat? Saw where someone claimed that Drury may have already spoken to Barry Trotz. Saw another that said that with other HC’s being on the hot seat, Drury may be rushed into firing Gallant sooner rather than later so as to not lose out on Trotz. And yet another article listing the length of time Gallant has had as HC in his previous stops. My opinion: it’s not Gallants fault that this isn’t the team he had last year. Kreider/Zibenajad don’t have a fast, physical, shot happy RW ala Frank Vatrano. Trocheck is a N/S player NOT an E/W player, he’s not looking to slow down the play on the offensive zone ala Strome & Copp. Carpenter is not as fast or physical as Motte was. And Drury dropped the ball waiving Hunt over Blias. On defense Jones & Hajek are not the physically defensive shutdown defensemen that Justin Braun was for us.

2.Is Lafraniere a bust?, My opionion: REALLY, really! Yes, his numbers aren’t as good as his fellow top draft class prospects but Consider the fact that he and his line mates Chytil & Kakko get an avg of 15:50, 15:44 & 14:06 minutes of ice time per game & just over 1 minute of PP time per game as opposed to Kreider, Zibenajad, Panarin, Trocheck who get 19:45, 21:07, 20:40 & 20:43 of ice time per game and ALL get 5 minutes per game of PP time.Fellow drafted players Stutzle gets 20:18 minutes of ice time per game and 3:40 of PP time, Raymond gets 17:58 of ice time per game & 2:57 of PP time.

3. Will Kravtsov be sent down on a 2 week conditioning stint. Was another topic as he’s been scratched in like 8 straight games. My opinion on this one: I actually was all for it if it meant bringing someone up and giving them a chance to prove themselves like Rydahl, Cuylle or Emberson, Robertson. Robertson was playing well last year when paired with Schneider in Hartford & Emberson played well with Miller when both were in Wisconsin. Rydahl, Cuylle have to be better than Carpenter/Blias.

4.But now that the internet is all abuzz and questioning whether this is ALL Drury’s doing ( he’s the type of guy that needs to put his hands in/on everything) and not Gallant, or is this Gallant not giving the young guys the “opportunity” to prove themselves. It is now reported that Kravtsov was on a line with Lafraniere & Carpenter at practice with Trocheck getting a maintenance day so we should be seeing Lafraniere/Trocheck/Kravtsov on the 3rd line—Gallants keeping Panarin/Chytil/Kakko & Kreider/Zibenajad/Vesey and going with a 4th line of Blias/Goodrow/Gauthier. While the defensive pairs look to be Miller/Schneider and Jones/Trouba to go along with Lindgren/Fox. My opinion: I agree with what’s being done, heck something needs to be done when you are not winning. I do think that Chytil & Kakko are better suited to play with Panarin that Trocheck, Trochecks style of play. I would like to see Kravtsov on the 1st line, Gauthier on the 3rd line tho’. Kreider/Zibenajad/Kravtsov, Panarin/Chytil/Kakko, Lafraniere/Trocheck/Gauthier, Vesey/Goodrow/Blias.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 11-29-2022 at 09:15 PM.

Lines for todays game against Ottawa—a last place team:
    Kreider/Zibenajad/Vesey
    Panarin/Chytil/Kakko
    Lafraniere/Trocheck/Kravtsov
    Blias/Goodrow/Gauthier
    Lindgren/Fox
    Miller/Schneider
    Jones/Trouba

Well, we won the 1st game of the home and home series but lost the 2nd in OT. There was a tweek to the lines as Kravtsov was moved up to the 2nd line with Panarin & Chytil with Kakko dropping to the 3rd line. The new lines were better as Kravtsov scored his 1st of the season and made 4 good passes that should have been buried. One, Micheletti said Kravtsov should have passed it on Chytil’s forehand instead of his backhand, that shot went wide. Micheletti said those are things Kravtsov will learn in due time when he’s playing more with Chytil.

The game itself was disheartening, we played pretty hard the first 7-9 minutes of the 1st then died off dramatically the rest of the game. Trouba fought Tkachuk in what looked like a fight both Captains wanted to use to motivate/wake-up their teams. Didn’t really work tho’ , at least not for us.

Back to the Panarin/Chytil/Kravtsov, they looked pretty good as a line. And as Micheletti said they will play better as a line as they learn each other’s “habits” on the ice.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 12-03-2022 at 02:59 PM.