Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Are these RBs y’all suggesting good enough to excel at 3 levels of the position? Herbert is a good runner but he’s a crappy pass catcher and blocker , we need to find a back that can legit be the guy so Herb can excel still as a comp back.
    There aren’t many 3 level RBs in the college game because of split backfields and situational play calling, but if you want a high volume guy that’s proven it as a workhorse then Chase Brown might be your guy. Very good runner, passable receiver, and probably the best blocker in this class (gave up 1 sack and 4 pressures on the season in 100+ pass blocking snaps).

I have no clue what round he’s going to be drafted though because of the depth in this RB class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2023 Off Season thread: FA/Trades & Draft

Anybody’s thought about Kenny Mcintosh? I have seen few people suggesting the bears draft him.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    There aren’t many 3 level RBs in the college game because of split backfields and situational play calling, but if you want a high volume guy that’s proven it as a workhorse then Chase Brown might be your guy. Very good runner, passable receiver, and probably the best blocker in this class (gave up 1 sack and 4 pressures on the season in 100+ pass blocking snaps).

I have no clue what round he’s going to be drafted though because of the depth in this RB class.

I was impressed when I watched him. Feels like he has a decently high floor and ceiling. Really intrigued to see how he tests.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bears88 View Post
    Anybody’s thought about Kenny Mcintosh? I have seen few people suggesting the bears draft him.

Another good receiving RB. Statistically he’s the type that would compliment Herbert

is anyone else more hesitant about drafting a rb in rounds 2-4 than they are about signing one to a (relatively) big money contract in free agency?

it just feels like we’re in a unique situation where we’re way richer in cap space than we are in draft assets (for now, at least), and given the number of holes we have on the roster, i kind of cringe at the idea of drafting a RB with an early-ish pick knowing there’s a good chance that player ends up as our no. 3 rushing threat

meanwhile, we’re in the midst of a course correction in the RB free agency market that reportedly has an offensive engine-type RB at peace with the fact he might not sign a record deal. i’m not saying i’d spend $15 million a year to get saquon, but if you can get a guy like josh jacobs on a 3 or 4-year deal at $8-10m aav…that feels better to me than going the draft route

maybe i’m misreading the market and top rbs are gonna go for more than i expect. but even if that’s the case, i’d rather get a “fine” budget option in free agency than try to go after a lead back in the draft.

just feels like it would be prudent to kick the can down the road a year or two and make RB a “finishing touches” thing when we meaningfully address the position in the draft, not one of the first holes we fill

Quote Originally Posted by nomorezorro View Post
    is anyone else more hesitant about drafting a rb in rounds 2-4 than they are about signing one to a (relatively) big money contract in free agency?

it just feels like we’re in a unique situation where we’re way richer in cap space than we are in draft assets (for now, at least), and given the number of holes we have on the roster, i kind of cringe at the idea of drafting a RB with an early-ish pick knowing there’s a good chance that player ends up as our no. 3 rushing threat

meanwhile, we’re in the midst of a course correction in the RB free agency market that reportedly has an offensive engine-type RB at peace with the fact he might not sign a record deal. i’m not saying i’d spend $15 million a year to get saquon, but if you can get a guy like josh jacobs on a 3 or 4-year deal at $8-10m aav…that feels better to me than going the draft route
    I’d rather sign one. Pollard specifically. He adds so much juice to an Offense and I’m perfectly fine overpaying him for a year or two given our cap situation.

I’d rather sign one. Pollard specifically. He adds so much juice to an Offense and I’m perfectly fine overpaying him for a year or two given our cap situation.

Love pollard, but we don’t know how explosive he will be post surgery. Breaking your leg will absolutely diminish your explosion. He depends on his explosiveness.

If we trade back and get multiple additional picks throughout the draft, we can afford taking a RB I’m a rookie contract that fits a limited but very important role on our team. We have a lot of needs that we can fill now in free agency, and address depth over the next few drafts, especially if we get fire future returns in trade backs.

No way I'd overpay Pollard that recent off an injury/surgery. His injury just got Saquon a fat contract.

CHICAGO BEARS – LT BRAXTON JONES

Despite being a fifth-round pick from Southern Utah, Jones was one of the year's biggest surprises. He started every game at left tackle and led the Bears in snaps played (1,033). He also performed exceptionally well, finishing the season with a 75.4 overall grade. Jones allowed just four QB hits all year and received high marks as a run blocker (79.4). The Bears must be thrilled with the play they got from their rookie left tackle in 2022.

https://twitter.com/pff/status/16180...qZ2A_wfA6-ndWw

I rather draft a RB. Besides, I don't see Jones letting Pollard go.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    I rather draft a RB. Besides, I don't see Jones letting Pollard go.
    Jones might have dodged a bullet with that injury because that price tag just dropped a ton, and Dallas has some serious contract maneuvering to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    CHICAGO BEARS – LT BRAXTON JONES

Despite being a fifth-round pick from Southern Utah, Jones was one of the year's biggest surprises. He started every game at left tackle and led the Bears in snaps played (1,033). He also performed exceptionally well, finishing the season with a 75.4 overall grade. Jones allowed just four QB hits all year and received high marks as a run blocker (79.4). The Bears must be thrilled with the play they got from their rookie left tackle in 2022.

https://twitter.com/pff/status/16180...qZ2A_wfA6-ndWw
    I can't believe that this story isn't being talked about.

This is a huge win for this franchise.

Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast