Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Yup. Hopefully, a trade back for some extra picks will help facilitate that. Maybe end up trading #54. Wish they’d take a 3rd or 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    I guess it depends on what you think CHI and JF1 need. I like Allen, but he is a very specific type of WR. He is an elite route runner, but he does not produce big “totals”. He is 100% a possession guy.

It’s been 4 full seasons since he has had a reception of over 50 yards or has had a YPC average over 11.5 yards. A few years ago he didn’t have a reception over 28 yards (having right at 100 catches, mind you). He has never had more than 8 TDs in a season and has only had more than 6 TDs in a season twice. He simply isn’t an elite producer/physical talent.

If you want a possession guy on the backside of 30, Allen is your guy. If you are looking for an elite WR1 that is going to be here with Fields for the long term, Allen isn’t your guy.
    i think all we need right now is more talent in the room if it's available at a price that makes sense.

to me, there's a segment of bears fans who are hyperfixated on solving the WR1 problem long-term this offseason, and i don't think that's a practical approach for several reasons. there are no slam-dunk WR1 candidates available in the draft or via free agency, and it's debatable whether WR is even our biggest hole. (i would probably go one step further and say WR is very clearly not our biggest hole, but whatever.)

given the resources we've already invested into the WR position, i would be more than content grabbing allen for a day 3 pick as a 1-2 year stopgap. let us pursue our WR1 Of The Future on our own time, rather than forcing the issue of overdrafting someone or giving up draft capital we can't afford to spare for tee higgins. it's fine if that hole gets plugged for good next year instead of this year.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorezorro View Post
    i think all we need right now is more talent in the room if it's available at a price that makes sense.

to me, there's a segment of bears fans who are hyperfixated on solving the WR1 problem long-term this offseason, and i don't think that's a practical approach for several reasons. there are no slam-dunk WR1 candidates available in the draft or via free agency, and it's debatable whether WR is even our biggest hole. (i would probably go one step further and say WR is very clearly not our biggest hole, but whatever.)

given the resources we've already invested into the WR position, i would be more than content grabbing allen for a day 3 pick as a 1-2 year stopgap. let us pursue our WR1 Of The Future on our own time, rather than forcing the issue of overdrafting someone or giving up draft capital we can't afford to spare for tee higgins. it's fine if that hole gets plugged for good next year instead of this year.
    If I keep positing 2024 Bears 1st round pick Marvin Harrison Jr. I believe I will single handeldly will this scenario into existence.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Sounds like Gerald Everett will be a cut there, too. We should be in on him IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Allen and Everett make us WAY better.

Allen opens up the top for Mooney and allows better mismatches for Claypool. Everett does similar things to Claypool.

I hope we try to grab both. They’re pieces that fill massive gaps and allow us to be more BPA focused on the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorezorro View Post

I wasn’t knocking Allen at all. I was just pointing out what he is for the Bears (or any team). As Devi said, a guy like Allen opens up the top for guys like Mooney and Claypool and gives JF1 a legit go-to target.

I was simply stating what, IMO, Allen is as a player. I actually really like guys like Allen for a young QB. A safety net is a huge deal.

If they don’t draft a tight end, I kinda like foster moureau. Shouldn’t be too expensive and would fit nicely with kmet.

There a definitely a bunch of good options in the draft and if they end up trading back, I wouldn’t mind one in the 3rd or 4th round.

IF the Vikings cuts cook would you like it if the bears sign him ( big IF)
    https://twitter.com/_mlfootball/stat...0kiPPi5gyOSDHw

My plan for our offense this offseason:

Trade Back with Texans for 2nd overall, a 2023 2nd, a 2024 2nd.

Trade Back with the Panthers for 9th overall, a 2023 2nd, a 2024 1st, a 2025 1st.

Take the best OL/DL at 9th.
    Take the best OL/DL with one of our 2nd’s.
    Take the best available with the other 2nd.
    Draft Vaughn or Charbonnet in the 3rd.
    Sign an OL.
    Sign Gesicki.

Offensive Weapons
    QB Fields
    WR Claypool
    WR Mooney
    WR 2nd Rounder
    WR Velus
    TE Kmet
    TE Gesicki
    RB1 Herbert
    RB2 Vaughn/Charbonnet

We don’t need to go crazy for WR this year. This isn’t the year IMO. Next year there should be more available, and with 2 1st rounders in 24’ and 25’, we have a really good shot at getting a guy like Marvin Harrison. We also shouldn’t blow our wad extending Claypool or Mooney. See how they play in contract years. We should be prepared to go hard after Tee Higgins in 24’ or trade for a star WR with our extra 25’ pick. If we do this right, we should be able to create a long term sustainable offense.

Should the bears be interested in Dalvin Cook if he gets cut?

Quote Originally Posted by Freezee View Post
    Should the bears be interested in Dalvin Cook if he gets cut?
    I would love it; but Cook would be nuts, and the highest paid RB in the NFL by far. There's too many holes to fill before adding that finishing touch to the Bears.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wonderful View Post
    I would love it; but Cook would be nuts, and the highest paid RB in the NFL by far. There's too many holes to fill before adding that finishing touch to the Bears.
    Hell get more than Barkley?

To come to Chicago, yes. They'd have to massively overpay to get him to come to a non-contending team that will ensure he'd get his head knocked off the second he touches the ball.

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748