Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Itís also about whatís available. If stroud or young are readily available itís a discussion. If the saints pick at 8 then Iím resigning hurts. Or if hurts shows top 5 play and wins the super bowl then Iím taking will Anderson or whomever is there as a CB or DE
    Assuming Houston is willing to trade three 1st round picks for Hurts (not likely).

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    I guess all this potential Hurts trade talk is contingent on the eagles not winning the SB.
    If they were to win it they have to keep rolling with him despite the massive overpay.
    Not according to BDawk. They will trade him for a rookie and then they will be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Iíd say heís been lucky at drafting QB. Finding a QB who ends up being elite is like hitting the lotto. The Cowboys have had 3 QBís during the Jones era that have become elite (Troy, Romo, Dak), I wouldnít exactly say Jerry Jones is a QB whisperer.
    Troy was drafted in 1989?

Romo was undrafted from 2004. And dak was a great pick in 2016

These are like each decades apart lol

Nick, Carson and Jalen were all drafted within a decade lol
    Last edited by last stand; 10-31-2022 at 11:31 AM.

Assuming Houston is willing to trade three 1st round picks for Hurts (not likely).
    Why is that assuming Houston trades 3 firsts lol

The eagles have the saints pick which can be anywhere from top 5 to in the 8-12 range.

What in my post was related to the texans

Not according to BDawk. They will trade him for a rookie and then they will be better.
    He said similar production, which isnít likely in year 1. Possible in year 2 if itís the right guy. And youíll be able to fit like 3 contracts in the space jalen left. But again. Itís an option, not THE option

Exactly, or if he just starts tossing 3 TDs a game for the rest of the season

Or if the saints pick isnít as good as one would hope.

I think howie roseman is likely to do what a great Gm should. Which is look at all of their options, heís mentioned about 12 times this off-season about taking advantage of a QB rookie contract
    I could just see the eagles trading back with the saints pick. Staying in the first round and getting another first next year.
    Itís a nice idea to trade Hurts but I just donít see it happening.
    I do appreciate the idea of the QB rookie deal though.
    The eagles will end up overpaying and really no one can fault them for it.

I could just see the eagles trading back with the saints pick. Staying in the first round and getting another first next year.
    I think jalens lockerroom presence is the likeliest to make it impossible. I havenít see someone this liked in a lockerroom in a long time. Obviously players know itís a business but having some rookie come into that buzzsaw especially if jalen were to go elsewhere and perform similarly to now would be a mess.

But if they have a top 5 pick and the eagles lose before the nfc championship I think they will in fact move on.

Howies discussed at length learning from wentz.

No, Hurts has 1 more year left on his rookie deal. Itís likely they let him play it out and then franchise him ($49M franchise tag). Or they go into the season and sign him to a new contract during the season.

Regardless of Baltimore signs Jackson or as it was mentioned a while ago, they trade Jackson, either way his new contract sets the market for Hurts. The Eagles should want to get a new deal done before Burrow signs his contract or Allen/Herbert sign theirs.
    Very low chance they let Hurts play out his contract without extending him.

Hurts is better than Kyler Murray, Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers (current), the 3 top AAV contracts. He'll get AAV between $46.5M and $51.0M, with a total guaranteed between $160M and $200M.

If they're smart, they'll front load it and do it sooner than later to drive up the tag for Lamar.

Tagging Lamar will cost $45.4M next year and $54.4M the following year due to Watson's cap hit structure.
    2021 - 2026
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Troy was drafted in 1989?

Romo was undrafted from 2004. And dak was a great pick in 2016

These are like each decades apart lol

Nick, Carson and Jalen were all drafted within a decade lol
    My point still stands though, finding a QB that ends up being elite is like hitting the lotto. Itís not an exact science. Thereís more luck involved than anything.

I think jalens lockerroom presence is the likeliest to make it impossible. I havenít see someone this liked in a lockerroom in a long time. Obviously players know itís a business but having some rookie come into that buzzsaw especially if jalen were to go elsewhere and perform similarly to now would be a mess.

But if they have a top 5 pick and the eagles lose before the nfc championship I think they will in fact move on.

Just a thought but wouldnít Hurts have to agree with the trade? Any team trading for him would want to have a contract in place first.

Why is that assuming Houston trades 3 firsts lol

The eagles have the saints pick which can be anywhere from top 5 to in the 8-12 range.

What in my post was related to the texans
    Because BDawk keeps mentioning the Texans as a potential trading partner.

He said similar production, which isnít likely in year 1. Possible in year 2 if itís the right guy. And youíll be able to fit like 3 contracts in the space jalen left. But again. Itís an option, not THE option
    You also have to factor in what guys currently on the team will need contracts in 2-3 years. Itís not like everyoneís salary will remain the same in 2-3 years.

Because BDawk keeps mentioning the Texans as a potential trading partner.
    If a better QB is available in the draft, why wouldn't the Texans just draft that QB.

Makes no sense.
    2021 - 2026
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

More than likely what will happen is Hurts will get his $50M per and guys like Davonte Smith will be allowed to walk (or traded). With all the picks they have they will just replace Smith with someone cheaper. They will more than likely use those picks to keep the talent level around Hurts elite. Donít forget they also have an old defense that will have to be replaced.

Exactly! How will the rest of the team feel if the Eagles refuse to pay the unquestioned leader of the team and simply replace him with a rookie. That wouldnít go over well in the locker room.

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast