Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    You are assuming way too much about success rates drafting QBs. Even with the top overall pick it's not guaranteed to find a solid player. If it was just easy to draft a rookie QB and roll with them every team would be doing that instead of locking up good QBs when they have the chance. Ask Denver.

It's not a bad thought logically, with the cheap QB cap hit to build a solid team around, but hitting on QBs isn't just some easy thing. Hurts was a great find for Philly. They're more likely to end up with someone like Gabbert, Haskins or Lock given where they'll be picking anyway.
    Right now they have the saints pick, which will end up top five. I also clearly said in another post that nothing is guaranteed. I do believe after lots of reading and processing that building an elite team and plugging a rookie quarterback into it may not be the worst idea. That does not mean that I hate hurts it does not mean that I donít want hertz as our quarterback it just means Iím not opposed to the idea that last stand laid out yesterday. I canít find his post now though so that is frustrating me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Unless you can show me where I said that, I have not even considered trading hurts this season except for what I just proposed yesterday. Now, was there talk last season and then the off-season on whether or not Kurt could be the guy, yes, but Iím not sure any trade mentioning happened until yesterday. Now Iím pretty sure most Eagles fans have said if he wasnít going to be the guy in the Eagles are still in great position due to draft capital and cap space next year but you seem to be combining arguments.

Everyone here has seen that you think they will trade Hurts for a haul. I donít have to find it because has seen you say it. Show me where you said something different. Until you do thatís the narrative Iím running with.

Right now they have the saints pick, which will end up top five. I also clearly said in another post that nothing is guaranteed. I do believe after lots of reading and processing that building an elite team and plugging a rookie quarterback into it may not be the worst idea. That does not mean that I hate hurts it does not mean that I donít want hertz as our quarterback it just means Iím not opposed to the idea that last stand laid out yesterday. I canít find his post now though so that is frustrating me.

This one?

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    I saw someone ask what the eagles should do with the saints pick

I think you go for the Super Bowl this season, whatís tough is jalen is extremely popular in the locker room. If he starts to show top 5 potential Iím more open but if not I think QB contracts are contention killers. I truly believe itís an era where the contracts of other positions are so largely different than QB that youíre almost better off signing 3-4 impact players for the price of a QB.

Rookie QB contracts are gold. Especially rookie QB contracts of QBs playing at a top 15 level

So in the scenario where jalen doesnít show top 5 potential. Which he has at times but heís looked top 15 others. I draft a qb. Young, stroud or Levis will be there

Trade jalen for a hefty sum, and draft more impact players, sign more impact players. Take a step back and contend again in 2 years. I believe in sirianni and howie so Iíd trust another contender in a couple years

Having said that, jalen is incredibly popular in that lockerroom. And will Anderson is out of this world. So if jalen can finish the year looking top 8 or higher then I can live with getting will anderson

Regardless I donít see philly contending next season, theyíre going to lose a few guys and will have to replace them. Hoping to keep CJGJ, edwards and Kyzir white. The other free agents I donít care too much. Theyíre playing well but theyíre in their 30s. I want to keep building the young core

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Everyone here has seen that you think they will trade Hurts for a haul. I donít have to find it because has seen you say it. Show me where you said something different. Until you do thatís the narrative Iím running with.
    So youíre narrative is to make things up.

Cool.

This one?
    Yes, damn, Iím not a big fan of Tapatalk lol

Yes, damn, Iím not a big fan of Tapatalk lol

Tapatalk is nice for posting during games but not easy to find older posts at all. On the computer all I needed to do was go to laststand's profile lol

Tapatalk is nice for posting during games but not easy to find older posts at all. On the computer all I needed to do was go to laststand's profile lol
    Hurts is definitely improving and it does look like he has the lockerroom so Iím fairly certain heís not going anywhere. That works for me too. Iíd be cool if surf was our QB if we were winning.

But if hometown Houston called with a couple firsts, well, sorry Jalen.

You are assuming way too much about success rates drafting QBs. Even with the top overall pick it's not guaranteed to find a solid player. If it was just easy to draft a rookie QB and roll with them every team would be doing that instead of locking up good QBs when they have the chance. Ask Denver.

It's not a bad thought logically, with the cheap QB cap hit to build a solid team around, but hitting on QBs isn't just some easy thing. Hurts was a great find for Philly. They're more likely to end up with someone like Gabbert, Haskins or Lock given where they'll be picking anyway.
    So if Nick foles won Super Bowl mvp and had a 27td 2int season as an eagle, wentz was in the mvp running in 2017, and Jalen is playing at the level he is now is it safe to say howie roseman has a good record of drafting QBs?

At least ones that play pretty well during their rookie contracts

Hurts is definitely improving and it does look like he has the lockerroom so Iím fairly certain heís not going anywhere. That works for me too. Iíd be cool if surf was our QB if we were winning.

Itís also about whatís available. If stroud or young are readily available itís a discussion. If the saints pick at 8 then Iím resigning hurts. Or if hurts shows top 5 play and wins the super bowl then Iím taking will Anderson or whomever is there as a CB or DE

Itís also about whatís available. If stroud or young are readily available itís a discussion. If the saints pick at 8 then Iím resigning hurts. Or if hurts shows top 5 play and wins the super bowl then Iím taking will Anderson or whomever is there as a CB or DE
    Agreed

So youíre narrative is to make things up.

Cool.

Since you refuse to make an actual statement I will interpret what youíre saying. Glad youíre cool with that.

I guess all this potential Hurts trade talk is contingent on the eagles not winning the SB.
    If they were to win it they have to keep rolling with him despite the massive overpay.

I donít see Houston wasting draft capital on a QB when they donít even have a team. Theyíd be better off drafting a QB high and building from within. Theyíre in no position to win anything right now so paying a QB $50M makes no sense for them. Makes way more sense for Philly who is closer to winning it all.

So if Nick foles won Super Bowl mvp and had a 27td 2int season as an eagle, wentz was in the mvp running in 2017, and Jalen is playing at the level he is now is it safe to say howie roseman has a good record of drafting QBs?

At least ones that play pretty well during their rookie contracts
    Iíd say heís been lucky at drafting QB. Finding a QB who ends up being elite is like hitting the lotto. The Cowboys have had 3 QBís during the Jones era that have become elite (Troy, Romo, Dak), I wouldnít exactly say Jerry Jones is a QB whisperer.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    I guess all this potential Hurts trade talk is contingent on the eagles not winning the SB.
    If they were to win it they have to keep rolling with him despite the massive overpay.
    Exactly, or if he just starts tossing 3 TDs a game for the rest of the season

Or if the saints pick isnít as good as one would hope.

I think howie roseman is likely to do what a great Gm should. Which is look at all of their options, heís mentioned about 12 times this off-season about taking advantage of a QB rookie contract

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast