Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    I think itís safe to say nobody discusses the backup QB on Washington more than this board lol.

Eagles have no choice but to pay hurts whatever he requires if they can structure it right they still should have a 2-3 year window to continue to surround him with an elite roster before the cost of his contract prevents them from keeping/replacing key contributors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No kidding, talk about beating a dead horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    No kidding, talk about beating a dead horse.
    Leave our high horse alone.

Hurts is going to get half a billion over 10 years with 110 % guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    That is categorically false. Allen is absolutely up there with Mahomes despite having a rough fo at it with the elbow injury this season. If Mahomes is 1, Allen is almost certainly the 2nd best QB in the NFL right now and worth the contract he was given.
    No he's not, is this some kind of a joke?
    Let me guess one shootout against the Chiefs is why people are slobbering on Allen?
    Ya he's probably in Mahomes range in fantasy but not even remotely close to him as a QB, elbow Injury or not.
    The guy is inaccurate AF and relies on Diggs soo much. Look at his numbers before and after Diggs, it's same trajectory as Hurts.
    What Mahomes is doing without Hill, who is beasting in Miami should tell you all you need to know.

Name me 3 things Allen does better than Lamar? They're the same tier and players, first instinct is running. Look what Lamar did early this year with an actual good looking WR in Bateman and how he's done without.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    No he's not, is this some kind of a joke?
    Let me guess one shootout against the Chiefs is why people are slobbering on Allen?
    Ya he's probably in Mahomes range in fantasy but not even remotely close to him as a QB, elbow Injury or not.
    The guy is inaccurate AF and relies on Diggs soo much. Look at his numbers before and after Diggs, it's same trajectory as Hurts.
    What Mahomes is doing without Hill, who is beasting in Miami should tell you all you need to know.

Name me 3 things Allen does better than Lamar? They're the same tier and players, first instinct is running. Look what Lamar did early this year with an actual good looking WR in Bateman and how he's done without.
    Allen craps on Lamar as a passer.

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    I donít think trading jalen just to trade him is smart. Eagles need to see where theyíre at at seasons end, where they finish, and how jalen projects

Jalen has gotten better every year for the last 6 years. If that continues youíd be smart to pay him.

If jalen plays like he is this year or better heís a top 5 QB. I donít think itís smart to trade that

Iíd personally rather jalen be a top 5 guy and keep him because I like the person and the leader. But as of now itís an unknown, and I have to see how the season ends

I mean the eagles could win the superbowl and make this point moot
    This is the biggest issue, everything intangible thing an elite franchise QB should have, Hurts has to a T and then some.
    The problem is his deficiencies physically which are not the dudes fault, which is what's holding him back and will hold him back from ever becoming a premium player.
    But again everything hinges on the playoffs and if he gets exposed again then no better time than this off season but problem is it might cause locker room problems. But Texans with that juicy first pick, hometown boy. It wouldn't get more easily aligned than that but I see a 0% chance Howie trades him if he does choke because that's putting your job on the line, just like it would have been with Wentz.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post

Nope, try again. Watch Allen game in and game out. His accuracy is not that amazing. People are too fooled and that's why he gets exposed. His reads are not any better than Hurts.

Lamar is inaccurate but most of times it's him throwing ball away because he has no one open to throw too, his best option is a TE. Look at his throw to DeSean last game and Hollywood Brown last year. He's not Brady Or manning level but give the man some damn talent and he'll show you he's not no kaepernick

Nope, try again. Watch Allen game in and game out. His accuracy is not that amazing. People are too fooled and that's why he gets exposed. His reads are not any better than Hurts.

Lamar is inaccurate but most of times it's him throwing ball away because he has no one open to throw too, his best option is a TE. Look at his throw to DeSean last game and Hollywood Brown last year. He's not Brady Or manning level but give the man some damn talent and he'll show you he's not no kaepernick
    He has talent.

Allen has more.

He has talent.

Allen has more.

Hasn't had his best tackle all year except for 2 or 3 games and now he's hurt again, hasn't had his 1A or 1B RB for more than a game yet. Hasn't had Bateman fully healthy for a few games now, Andrews missed a few.

But sure let's run with him having talent and having opportunities to use it. How many games has Diggs missed?

He has talent.

Allen has more.

And a FYI, Josh Allen leads the damn league in INTs.
    Rest my case. He's absolutely beyond overrated

Heís probably not that far behind Lamar as a runner too.

Allen's definitely got a stronger arm and therefore can make some throws Lamar can't, but I'm not sure he's really that much better than Lamar in vacuum. Switch their surrounding offenses and Lamar improved significantly while Allen drops off significantly. The Bills offense is an absolute perfect fit for Allen and the people who point out the impact of adding Diggs to Allen's overnight success aren't necessarily wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Heís probably not that far behind Lamar as a runner too.
    Hes a power runner who gets dropped at first contact pretty frequently tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Allen's definitely got a stronger arm and therefore can make some throws Lamar can't, but I'm not sure he's really that much better than Lamar in vacuum. Switch their surrounding offenses and Lamar improved significantly while Allen drops off significantly. The Bills offense is an absolute perfect fit for Allen and the people who point out the impact of adding Diggs to Allen's overnight success aren't necessarily wrong.

Hes a power runner who gets dropped at first contact pretty frequently tbh.
    Switch their offenses and Allen is being called a big bust. **** can happen but players like this don't tend to succeed leading their teams to the promised land.

People can **** on me all they want for saying this but truth be told the real second best QB in the league is coming back this Sunday. He'll regain that crown by hopefully end of this season if not part way into next year.

Might take him some time to shake of the rust and long long long lay off but he's walking into a really solid offense for himself.

Switch their offenses and Allen is being called a big bust. **** can happen but players like this don't tend to succeed leading their teams to the promised land.

People can **** on me all they want for saying this but truth be told the real second best QB in the league is coming back this Sunday. He'll regain that crown by hopefully end of this season if not part way into next year.

Might take him some time to shake of the rust and long long long lay off but he's walking into a really solid offense for himself.
    MassageBoi is good, but you're way over rating him. He's top 5ish, but I don't think he's #2.

What bizzaro world am I living in where Lamar is a better passer than Allen?

Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast