Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    You have to have fun to win, so celebrating the win is fine.

I think you have to win to have fun. They've won ONE game and they're celebrating like they won a championship or something. Celebrating as if they're not part of an organization who's standards are much much much higher. Reminds of that look KB24 gave DeAngelo after he was jumping around like a hyper child. I can't help but to think others looking on and laughing at this display of perspective...or lack thereof.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRanch View Post
    I think you have to win to have fun. They've won ONE game and they're celebrating like they won a championship or something. Celebrating as if they're not part of an organization who's standards are much much much higher. Reminds of that look KB24 gave DeAngelo after he was jumping around like a hyper child. I can't help but to think others looking on and laughing at this display of perspective...or lack thereof.
    Meh. If they keep celebrating like that I'll have a problem with it, but getting the monkey off is special.

One thing Iím noticing with Davis is that since his back is injured he is playing with less athleticism obviously. But he is playing smarter and not trying to jump out of the gym on every possession and increase his chances on a major injury. He is using his length in a smarter way and playing closer to the basket. He should stay at the 5 because he canít run around as much. I saw his teammates covering for him on transition defense until he made it back. Itís a smart move and it enabled him to play closer to the basket on offense and get a lot of offensive rebounds and put backs.
    It would have to be a sign and trade and it would kick in the hard cap so we can't do it.

Signed Mcallen Tex for the 1000th time

Also I donít mind the celebration part because it was more for their coaches first win than anything else. It tells me that they love him and really wanted this for him. Thatís the way I look at it. I thought about it for a couple of days and changed my mind
    It would have to be a sign and trade and it would kick in the hard cap so we can't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    One thing Iím noticing with Davis is that since his back is injured he is playing with less athleticism obviously. But he is playing smarter and not trying to jump out of the gym on every possession and increase his chances on a major injury. He is using his length in a smarter way and playing closer to the basket. He should stay at the 5 because he canít run around as much. I saw his teammates covering for him on transition defense until he made it back. Itís a smart move and it enabled him to play closer to the basket on offense and get a lot of offensive rebounds and put backs.
    Playing smarter is how lbj has generally stayed healthy (not as much but he's 45 in bball years ) , there's something to it.

Any chance to get Poetl, Richardson, Turner in deals without giving up Westy by chance?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Some players change the way they play as they age and are still great ... others just go soft. The jury is still out for me.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Playing smarter is how lbj has generally stayed healthy (not as much but he's 45 in bball years ) , there's something to it.

Any chance to get Poetl, Richardson, Turner in deals without giving up Westy by chance?

may be rich or dormat but not all three

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post

No. Plus as Tex said a healthy Schroeder would give you similar production.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Some players change the way they play as they age and are still great ... others just go soft. The jury is still out for me.
    True. Very short sample size. But Iím impressed at his willingness to play through pain. He has never really done that before. Wonder if they are really playing for their new coach. The love seemed very genuine after the win.

Let them play have fun and see if they can build off it. All this frowning acting like players have no feeling and emotions is crazy. The team feeds off that energy. One of the key reasons teams like home court advantage in the playoffs is the comfort of being in front the home crowd. Its ok to disapprove of bad play but constant dogging have the same effect in a negative way. Not everyone is Kobe, Perkins, kg, Duncan etc. Some plays play with more emotions.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112