Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

2022 Trade Deadline Discussion

See some threads for actual trades but thought Iíd start a thread for speculation.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Iíll start with my PatsÖ I hope weíre sellers but also buyer in one spot. Weíre in a weird spot where I think we have actually have a super deep roster across most positions. So I think we can afford to trade guys, clear some cap space to roll over to next year, add some draft capital and still not be any worse for the rest of this year. Weíre held back by a lack of top end talent, but I think overall roster depth is solid. Makes for good sellers IMO.

Apparently weíve got calls on Agolor and Isiah Wynn. Would love to just give either of them away just to have extra cap space to roll over to next year. Damien Harris, if they donít plan to re-sign, I think could be dealt and not really hurt too much with how Stevenson is emerging as a workhorse. Theyíve supposedly got calls on him too. Though with the de-valuation of the RB position, him being sort of a ĎJAGí that doesnít contribute in the passing game, and him being a decent leadership presence, Iím guessing they can probably work out a deal to keep him at a fair price.

The one position we are weak at is off the ball LB. We could desperately use a competent player there if we can find one. Every other position I donít think were strong at, but wouldnít say weak either.

Steelers have asked for a 3rd but reports are the best offer has been a late 6th for Claypool.

After what Tooney got the Steelers are right in holding out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Steelers have asked for a 3rd but reports are the best offer has been a late 6th for Claypool.

I would be ok with the giants flipping their toney return for Claypool. They need a receiver before the deadline. Also linked to brandin cooks and juedy

Donít be surprised if Philly makes another splash . Whether it works or not if your a Philly fan you have to respect Howie heís not scared to pull the trigger and they find themselves with a solid balanced roster plus a ton of picks . Wouldnít surprise me if they landed Kamara or another high impact offensive weapons . He can smell a ring this year . And in the age of parity which I kind of donít like a guy like him can make a difference. I actually tried to bang a bartender in doylestown that claimed she dated him . Didnít say his name but the age of other guys she might have been talking about narrowed it down to just him . No she didnít even give me a number but I tried and she was cute . I was covered in rust every day we were building the new court house there

Who wants a DJ?

Who wants Buckner, Kenny Moore, or Stephon Gilmore?

Who wants a DJ?

DJ Moore? I would love him for the Cowboys but I donít think Carolina will trade him because of his dead cap number ($42M).

A 3rd for Claypool? That's a steal. He dragged 4 Eagles defenders for an extra 10 yards today

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Donít be surprised if Philly makes another splash . Whether it works or not if your a Philly fan you have to respect Howie heís not scared to pull the trigger and they find themselves with a solid balanced roster plus a ton of picks . Wouldnít surprise me if they landed Kamara or another high impact offensive weapons . He can smell a ring this year . And in the age of parity which I kind of donít like a guy like him can make a difference. I actually tried to bang a bartender in doylestown that claimed she dated him . Didnít say his name but the age of other guys she might have been talking about narrowed it down to just him . No she didnít even give me a number but I tried and she was cute . I was covered in rust every day we were building the new court house there
    Eagles need a RB and safety depth

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    A 3rd for Claypool? That's a steal. He dragged 4 Eagles defenders for an extra 10 yards today
    That play alone made me hope the eagles go out and get him. The left handed TD pass was nice too

That being said, WR is pretty far down on the list of needs for the eagles

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    That play alone made me hope the eagles go out and get him. The left handed TD pass was nice too

That being said, WR is pretty far down on the list of needs for the eagles
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Kamara would have to be cheap since he's probably suspended next season, maybe more?
    2021 - 2026
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    DJ Moore? I would love him for the Cowboys but I donít think Carolina will trade him because of his dead cap number ($42M).
    Diontae Johnson

Diontae Johnson
    ~$16M cap hit next 2 years and a $17M dead cap number for the Steelers this year? Not going to happen.

With the dead cap hit for trading him, the Steelers would actually have to cut/restructure someone to make room. They'd need $10M in extra space and only have $7M.
    2021 - 2026
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast