Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Hal isn't handing out 2, 300m contracts this winter. It's just not his way, period.

unless Judge walks, Turner is a pipe dream.

I would bet the farm that they don't go after Turner because of the penalties. It would cost them 2 draft picks and 1m IFA dollars they have committed to Mayea and they aren't letting him go.

This is crazy to say, but IMO of the other big name players available I would say Correa would be the most likely because he isn't attached to any compensation. I really don't think they go down that route, but who knows
    Day, the original assumption was "if Judge walks." So we are talking one $300M contract. It was a contingency in the event he did / does walk.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    What exactly is much different with that team? The success of that team would pretty much hinge on Volpe/Peraza immediately stepping in and becoming impact players. Otherwise, you're looking at a team of Judge coming back down to Earth most likely, Stanton, Rizzo etc being another year older. Seems like the same complacent team they have had for three years now.
    Well you and I greatly differ of our opinions of resigning Judge and the values we put on Rizzo and Benny. IMO, those 3 are no brainers and the best available options at each position, that we know of. You could argue Nimmo instead of Benny and I wouldn't argue.

The game is changing a lot next yr and IMO the teams that have the players to maximize the running game are going to be way a head. More ground balls will get through without the shift and the hit and run will be far more valuable. The team I suggested is built to maximize that part of the game.

Sure a lot of that depends on Volpe and Peraza playing well. At worst they massively improve the speed on the bases and massively improve the defense up the middle. Both Volpe and Peraza have elite range up the middle, which would give us an elite defensive middle of the diamond for the first time in a very long time. Trevion, Peraza, Volpe and Bader is about as elite defensively as you could get up the middle IMO.

Cabrera posted a WAR slightly below 2 ( depending where u look) in 44 games played, which is about a 5 war pace. Volpe and Peraza are both much better players with much louder tools than Cabrera. Peraza is going to put up a very high DWar, so I have zero issue believing he could post a 4 WAR season. Volpe might not have the DWar Peraza will, but I expect Volpe to put up a higher OWAR. He could realistically put up a similar 4 war season, IMO

If you can shore up the rotation and BP with 1 good arm each, our pitching will be elite. We would have an elite defense behind them to prevent more runs as well.

I've stated multiple times, that the way I would construct the roster would be in the minority. Everyone has an opinion, it is what it is

My roster is also the most realistic and improved based on what I expect the Yankees to do.

If u put the salary cap at 270m, which is the number where the Yankees are expected to be. Cashman has said multiple times that the "kids" will factor heavily into the middle infield next yr

Unless Judge walk, the Yanks aren't signing another player attached to picks because of the penalties involved and their strong commitment to Mayea

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Day, the original assumption was "if Judge walks." So we are talking one $300M contract. It was a contingency in the event he did / does walk.
    My apologies, I didn't realize that but other on here have suggested they sign both.

Well you and I greatly differ of our opinions of resigning Judge and the values we put on Rizzo and Benny. IMO, those 3 are no brainers and the best available options at each position, that we know of. You could argue Nimmo instead of Benny and I wouldn't argue.

The game is changing a lot next yr and IMO the teams that have the players to maximize the running game are going to be way a head. More ground balls will get through without the shift and the hit and run will be far more valuable. The team I suggested is built to maximize that part of the game.

Sure a lot of that depends on Volpe and Peraza playing well. At worst they massively improve the speed on the bases and massively improve the defense up the middle. Both Volpe and Peraza have elite range up the middle, which would give us an elite defensive middle of the diamond for the first time in a very long time. Trevion, Peraza, Volpe and Bader is about as elite defensively as you could get up the middle IMO.

Cabrera posted a WAR slightly below 2 ( depending where u look) in 44 games played, which is about a 5 war pace. Volpe and Peraza are both much better players with much louder tools than Cabrera. Peraza is going to put up a very high DWar, so I have zero issue believing he could post a 4 WAR season. Volpe might not have the DWar Peraza will, but I expect Volpe to put up a higher OWAR. He could realistically put up a similar 4 war season, IMO

If you can shore up the rotation and BP with 1 good arm each, our pitching will be elite. We would have an elite defense behind them to prevent more runs as well.

I've stated multiple times, that the way I would construct the roster would be in the minority. Everyone has an opinion, it is what it is

My roster is also the most realistic and improved based on what I expect the Yankees to do.

If u put the salary cap at 270m, which is the number where the Yankees are expected to be. Cashman has said multiple times that the "kids" will factor heavily into the middle infield next yr

Unless Judge walk, the Yanks aren't signing another player attached to picks because of the penalties involved and their strong commitment to Mayea
    So what you are explaining pretty much sums up what I have been saying. Next year, and the future really depends on the kids. I love Judge and he is a fantastic player. I just don't think he is a smart long term investment(not many are). Rizzo exceeded my expectations and I would take him back. Beni is solid and I'd take him back but it would depend on price.

My point is, if they give Judge $40M a year then how do they get better? They'd pretty much be relying on the same guys as last season. The only difference would be praying that Peraza and Volpe provide major value. Signing Judge is a win now move and a move where you suck it up in the later years when he isn't worth that salary. I don't see this team being close to a win now team unless Peraza and Volpe both light it up immediately which is a tough ask.

Most of all, I think this team needs a shake up. They need better roster construction, a more well rounded, lineup, and a culture change. Judge has been no where near the player he needs to be in the playoffs in what is becoming a pretty good sample size.

Hals interview about 22 and his plans for 23. https://twitter.com/i/status/1592317539773661184
    For those questioning his plans for the middle INF, skip to around the 1:45 mark.

" My intention is for both Volpe and Peraza to be apart of our middle INF next yr, we'll see how they perform in ST"

sure makes it sound like their intentions is if those guys look ready in ST, to go with both of them. The way he talked about Cabrera would seem that he would probably be in play for 1 of the middle infields spot until both Volpe and Peraza are ready.

It's already being reported the are talking heavily to MIA about Torres. It wouldn't shock me whatsoever if we hear about 1 of their starters coming our way

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    So what you are explaining pretty much sums up what I have been saying. Next year, and the future really depends on the kids. I love Judge and he is a fantastic player. I just don't think he is a smart long term investment(not many are). Rizzo exceeded my expectations and I would take him back. Beni is solid and I'd take him back but it would depend on price.

My point is, if they give Judge $40M a year then how do they get better? They'd pretty much be relying on the same guys as last season. The only difference would be praying that Peraza and Volpe provide major value. Signing Judge is a win now move and a move where you suck it up in the later years when he isn't worth that salary. I don't see this team being close to a win now team unless Peraza and Volpe both light it up immediately which is a tough ask.

Most of all, I think this team needs a shake up. They need better roster construction, a more well rounded, lineup, and a culture change. Judge has been no where near the player he needs to be in the playoffs in what is becoming a pretty good sample size.
    I can't argue that signing Judge for 8yr320 or whatever he gets is a good baseball decision, you're right on that. Any contact that pays a player a big AAV past 35 is a crap shoot. There is so much of the business side that factors into this, but Judge makes the Yanks a ton of money.

Yes the kids are going to play a massive role in the future, but that kinda why you spend all that money to draft, sign and develop them. How the handful of these kids in AA or higher, that actual make it to the Yanks in the near future are going to dictate a lot of how good the Yanks are going to be starting next season. I'm the spec hugger I know, but I feel very confident that Volpe, Peraza, Dom and eventually Jones are going to be elite players

I can't argue that signing Judge for 8yr320 or whatever he gets is a good baseball decision, you're right on that. Any contact that pays a player a big AAV past 35 is a crap shoot. There is so much of the business side that factors into this, but Judge makes the Yanks a ton of money.

Yes the kids are going to play a massive role in the future, but that kinda why you spend all that money to draft, sign and develop them. How the handful of these kids in AA or higher, that actual make it to the Yanks in the near future are going to dictate a lot of how good the Yanks are going to be starting next season. I'm the spec hugger I know, but I feel very confident that Volpe, Peraza, Dom and eventually Jones are going to be elite players
    putting the money aside bringing back judge is clearly the best baseball decision for the yanks you cannot argue against that.. in any way shape or form.why is this only about judge> you think signing harper rmachado lindor for more then 10 years in the long term was a great baseball decision..

With no shift, we should see what Mark Texiera is doing these days.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Hals interview about 22 and his plans for 23. https://twitter.com/i/status/1592317539773661184
    For those questioning his plans for the middle INF, skip to around the 1:45 mark.

" My intention is for both Volpe and Peraza to be apart of our middle INF next yr, we'll see how they perform in ST"

sure makes it sound like their intentions is if those guys look ready in ST, to go with both of them. The way he talked about Cabrera would seem that he would probably be in play for 1 of the middle infields spot until both Volpe and Peraza are ready.

It's already being reported the are talking heavily to MIA about Torres. It wouldn't shock me whatsoever if we hear about 1 of their starters coming our way
    Day, who would you give up for Alcantara or Lopez. It's funny, I think Lopez is the lesser pitcher but may be the safer bet. I didn't realize how skinny Alcantara is. 6'4" and 170???
    With that said, ALcantara has thrown 2 seasons over 200 innings and could just be a horse.. He's a much better pitcher. Lopez has really, only had 1 good year

Alcatara- Torres, Hicks (Please) German, Pereira, Wells, Gomez?
    Lopez- Torres, Hicks (Please), Pereira, Gomez?

I don't know how much of an upgrade Lopez really is over German so I wouldn't want to include him but for Alcantara, hell yes

I love Pereira but he's another righty and with Dom getting close and Jones in the mix, Those two could be the other OF's not named Judge in the next couple seasons. I think he will be gone. They need to start keeping their lefty bats in the farm

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Day, who would you give up for Alcantara or Lopez. It's funny, I think Lopez is the lesser pitcher but may be the safer bet. I didn't realize how skinny Alcantara is. 6'4" and 170???
    With that said, ALcantara has thrown 2 seasons over 200 innings and could just be a horse.. He's a much better pitcher. Lopez has really, only had 1 good year

Alcatara- Torres, Hicks (Please) German, Pereira, Wells, Gomez?
    Lopez- Torres, Hicks (Please), Pereira, Gomez?

I don't know how much of an upgrade Lopez really is over German so I wouldn't want to include him but for Alcantara, hell yes

I love Pereira but he's another righty and with Dom getting close and Jones in the mix, Those two could be the other OF's not named Judge in the next couple seasons. I think he will be gone. They need to start keeping their lefty bats in the farm
    I don't think there's any way we get Alcantara without giving up one of our top 3. He's easily going to win the NL Cy Young this year.

Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    I don't think there's any way we get Alcantara without giving up one of our top 3. He's easily going to win the NL Cy Young this year.
    I would agree. Quality arms are expensive. It may require two of the top 10.

Clown would you part with Dominguez or Volpe or Peraza ++?

Sell the Team, HAL!

I wouldnít. Letís see what we have here. If they felt strongly enough about not trading them, letís roll the dice

Especially Dom. For a guy as hyped as he was, to actually start looking like heís legit, you canít trade him now

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I wouldnít. Letís see what we have here. If they felt strongly enough about not trading them, letís roll the dice

Especially Dom. For a guy as hyped as he was, to actually start looking like heís legit, you canít trade him now
    Even for a potential Cy Young arm? Not all three I mentioned but at least one plus another top 10 spect +. What the Yankees don't have are quality young arms close to ML ready, they have all been traded.

Beck is years away and Gil is a crap shoot. Beeter has been mentioned as a possible ML starter, but really the well is dry for several years.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

Torres, Hicks, Wells, Pereira, Gomez, German?

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Torres, Hicks, Wells, Pereira, Gomez, German?
    100% not enough for Alcantara.

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast