Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast
Results 346 to 360 of 366
  1. #346
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    18,281
    Yankees PR Dept.
    @YankeesPR

    5m
    The Yankees have agreed to terms on a one-year contract with INF Isiah Kiner-Falefa, thus avoiding arbitration.


    Sell the Team, HAL!

  2. #347
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    47,013
    ****ing morons



    Ignorance is bliss

  3. #348
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Bronx, NY
    Posts
    14,694
    Congrats Aaron Judge well deserved MVP.

    Derek Jeter was also robbed of a few MVPs in 1999 and 2006 (like Judge in 2017).

  4. #349
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    17,049
    @YanksUpdates

    2h
    Jon Heyman has confirmed that the Yankees want to re-sign Andrew Benintendi this offseason.

  5. #350
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    745
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    @YanksUpdates

    2h
    Jon Heyman has confirmed that the Yankees want to re-sign Andrew Benintendi this offseason.
    Cool. I want that too.

  6. #351
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    39,076
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    @YanksUpdates

    2h
    Jon Heyman has confirmed that the Yankees want to re-sign Andrew Benintendi this offseason.
    I just posted something about this in the other thread. Maybe I'm in the minority but I'd rather pass on him.

    His wrist injury is ****** for hitters, he's not a good defender and he's barely an above average league hitter(one year since 2018 that he hit better than .276/.324 and that year ended early due to a wrist injury)

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by OhSoSlick; 11-18-2022 at 09:44 PM.
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  7. #352
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    17,049
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    I just posted something about this in the other thread. Maybe I'm in the minority but I'd rather pass on him.

    His wrist injury is ****** for hitters, he's not a good defender and he's barely an above average league hitter(one year since 2018 that he hit better than .276/.324 and that year ended early due to a wrist injury)

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Didn't he win the AL LF GG in 21? In his limited time here I thought he was an above avg defender, IMO

    Yes, that wrist injury sucks, but the longer you get away from it, it doesn't bother you. It's actually a pretty common injury that shouldn't effect him long term. Especially since he just had fragment that grew back from the first time he had that hamate bone removed after college

    I also think his avg will go up significantly without the shift next yr. He sprays the ball and makes contact, but doesn't lift the ball a ton. The shift going away with his speed, should improve his avg and OBP%

    Nimmo is attached to a pick and Yoshida is a 10 times worse defender in LF, so hard pass on those guys for me.

    Profar is available without the pick attached, but IMO i'll take Benny.

  8. #353
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,205
    Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    100% not enough for Alcantara.
    Really? It's really an overpay... unless we're talking Vernon Wells... but if MIA told me it wasn't enough... then they can keep him... because quite frankly.. It's not the Yankees job to fill out the Miami Roster...

  9. #354
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,205
    My thoughts on the matter... everyone here is mostly a fan.. as a fan.. the universally accepted definition of success is more wins than losses... as a team, we've not had a season below .500 in 30 years... So by that definition.. the yankees are successfull
    I know the Yankee fan definition of successfull is rings... well, we've had some success.. but the reality of this is... the days of the draft are here and the last time the Yanks had a dominant run was before the draft really had an effect... and it's unrealistic.. the league has worked hard to limit the Yanks (or any other teams) ability to be perennial champs.
    Now, the problem.. Hal is not George.. George was a fan first.. Hal is a businessman first.. that means for the definition of success.. you look at the P/L statement... and the Yankees have had the best bottom line in the business since before Brian Cashman took over.. So Hal is not getting rid of Brian anytime soon...

    Sadly, Brian loves Boone so he's not going anywhere either. I've never seen a manager who when doing a press conference makes the listener's IQ drop by that many points every time... but that's Aaron Boone and we're stuck with him...

    Judge... Let's be honest, if the Yanks want him back.. and he's looking for the biggest contract.. He'll be back.. but I think we need to be afraid of 1 thing... Think back to the Robbie Cano negotiations... The Yanks were looking at a 31 year old AS player.. they offered 7 years $25M per.. but he took Seattles stupid offer of 10years $24M per.... Yes, the first 4.5 years were great.. but then injuries and PED suspensions made every team that owned that deal past that date rue getting it... Proving the Yanks were wise... Well, just is the same age... wanting the big deal... I don't see the Yanks going past 7 years at any price... Just a bad move now that PED's are not part of the EQ.. over that Verlander guy... he's the freak.. but without PED's.. you've always had the occiational freak.. but they were the exception not the rule... So if they can get him at 7 years.. I expect he'll be back.. I'm not naming a $$$$/year because that's not really the problem... but if some dumb team drops a 10 year deal on him... I have a feeling the Yanks will shake hands and walk away.

    I expect to some of that highly touted youth will be allowed to play more this year. Last year Cabrera and Peraza showed they could play at this level... Are they all-starts.. Hell no.. Will they ever be AS's? I can't rule it out.. given time.. possible..

    Sadly though.. if you want Guarantees... Baseball is not where you want to be... Hell, LA should have been in the show.. but when the world series started... The were eliminated in the divisional round... by the 5 seed... 111 wins and the best record in baseball... eliminated for them in the first round... We at least made it to the LCS and lost to the 1 seed... So nothing is guaranteed.. and it's worse now with so many teams in the playoffs now.. (I'm a traditionalist.. I go back to division winners ONLY.. but MLB is trying to maximize profits.. (though they did have the lowest rated WS EVER!)...

    So that said.. I expect that judge will be back unless he don't want to be back. I like Benny in LF, Rizzo is already signed... (though Bellinger is a UFA. so might be worth a flyer on to correct him).. We need to move some IF'ers to make room.. JD needs to go.. too much a hot head. We need to move towards the contact hitters. DJ LeMahieu style.. Pitching.. I still hate the Monty deal.. but we also are still a good 5 deep with Cole, Sevy, Montas, German and Cortez... (not in any order).. I would not mind Taillon coming back because frankly he did us well with putting up innings.. the Bully needs work.. but we do have good pieces there. Though the days of relying on Chappy and Britton are long gone. So a few more would not hurt anything...

    Well have to see where the Yanks go though... Because we need to remember.. the FO is running this team like a business.. NOT necessarily like a fan would run it.

  10. #355
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    39,076
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Didn't he win the AL LF GG in 21? In his limited time here I thought he was an above avg defender, IMO

    Yes, that wrist injury sucks, but the longer you get away from it, it doesn't bother you. It's actually a pretty common injury that shouldn't effect him long term. Especially since he just had fragment that grew back from the first time he had that hamate bone removed after college

    I also think his avg will go up significantly without the shift next yr. He sprays the ball and makes contact, but doesn't lift the ball a ton. The shift going away with his speed, should improve his avg and OBP%

    Nimmo is attached to a pick and Yoshida is a 10 times worse defender in LF, so hard pass on those guys for me.

    Profar is available without the pick attached, but IMO i'll take Benny.
    I'm getting my info from fangraphs. They have ranked negatively from a defensive standpoint, I know WAR isn't a great metric from a defensive standpoint. So, if I didn't do my homework on his defensive and incorrect, my apologies. I still stand by my desire to avoid signing him with his wrist injury.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  11. #356
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    1,940
    Quote Originally Posted by evilemplover View Post
    My thoughts on the matter... everyone here is mostly a fan.. as a fan.. the universally accepted definition of success is more wins than losses... as a team, we've not had a season below .500 in 30 years... So by that definition.. the yankees are successfull
    I know the Yankee fan definition of successfull is rings... well, we've had some success.. but the reality of this is... the days of the draft are here and the last time the Yanks had a dominant run was before the draft really had an effect... and it's unrealistic.. the league has worked hard to limit the Yanks (or any other teams) ability to be perennial champs.
    Now, the problem.. Hal is not George.. George was a fan first.. Hal is a businessman first.. that means for the definition of success.. you look at the P/L statement... and the Yankees have had the best bottom line in the business since before Brian Cashman took over.. So Hal is not getting rid of Brian anytime soon...

    Sadly, Brian loves Boone so he's not going anywhere either. I've never seen a manager who when doing a press conference makes the listener's IQ drop by that many points every time... but that's Aaron Boone and we're stuck with him...

    Judge... Let's be honest, if the Yanks want him back.. and he's looking for the biggest contract.. He'll be back.. but I think we need to be afraid of 1 thing... Think back to the Robbie Cano negotiations... The Yanks were looking at a 31 year old AS player.. they offered 7 years $25M per.. but he took Seattles stupid offer of 10years $24M per.... Yes, the first 4.5 years were great.. but then injuries and PED suspensions made every team that owned that deal past that date rue getting it... Proving the Yanks were wise... Well, just is the same age... wanting the big deal... I don't see the Yanks going past 7 years at any price... Just a bad move now that PED's are not part of the EQ.. over that Verlander guy... he's the freak.. but without PED's.. you've always had the occiational freak.. but they were the exception not the rule... So if they can get him at 7 years.. I expect he'll be back.. I'm not naming a $$$$/year because that's not really the problem... but if some dumb team drops a 10 year deal on him... I have a feeling the Yanks will shake hands and walk away.

    I expect to some of that highly touted youth will be allowed to play more this year. Last year Cabrera and Peraza showed they could play at this level... Are they all-starts.. Hell no.. Will they ever be AS's? I can't rule it out.. given time.. possible..

    Sadly though.. if you want Guarantees... Baseball is not where you want to be... Hell, LA should have been in the show.. but when the world series started... The were eliminated in the divisional round... by the 5 seed... 111 wins and the best record in baseball... eliminated for them in the first round... We at least made it to the LCS and lost to the 1 seed... So nothing is guaranteed.. and it's worse now with so many teams in the playoffs now.. (I'm a traditionalist.. I go back to division winners ONLY.. but MLB is trying to maximize profits.. (though they did have the lowest rated WS EVER!)...

    So that said.. I expect that judge will be back unless he don't want to be back. I like Benny in LF, Rizzo is already signed... (though Bellinger is a UFA. so might be worth a flyer on to correct him).. We need to move some IF'ers to make room.. JD needs to go.. too much a hot head. We need to move towards the contact hitters. DJ LeMahieu style.. Pitching.. I still hate the Monty deal.. but we also are still a good 5 deep with Cole, Sevy, Montas, German and Cortez... (not in any order).. I would not mind Taillon coming back because frankly he did us well with putting up innings.. the Bully needs work.. but we do have good pieces there. Though the days of relying on Chappy and Britton are long gone. So a few more would not hurt anything...

    Well have to see where the Yanks go though... Because we need to remember.. the FO is running this team like a business.. NOT necessarily like a fan would run it.
    Agree with almost everything you wrote except about trying Bellinger. Be reminds me too much of Joey Gallo. Great defensive outfielder with power made for Yankee Stadium, except he strikes out way too much and struggles to hit .200.

  12. #357
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    519
    Quote Originally Posted by evilemplover View Post
    Really? It's really an overpay... unless we're talking Vernon Wells... but if MIA told me it wasn't enough... then they can keep him... because quite frankly.. It's not the Yankees job to fill out the Miami Roster...
    Wasnít referring to it not being enough in quantity, but itís not enough in quality. Would you trade a young cy young winner for 1 top 100 spect?

  13. #358
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    18,281
    RUMOR: Yankees latest offer to Judge $337M, no term leaked just total. In various scenarios 6,7,8, yrs all average out above $40M+ per.


    Sell the Team, HAL!

  14. #359
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    745
    Yankees catcher Jose Trevino attended Career Day at his son's school.

    In full uniform and catcher's gear.


  15. #360
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    47,013
    How could you not love this guy?



    Ignorance is bliss

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •