Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 67 of 255 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 3821
  1. #991
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    52,986
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    5 years..185 million. For a guy with his arm issues, yikes.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Conditional option for a 6th year that would make it a 222 million dollar deal as well.

    Yeah I love Jacob but no. Its money he couldn't turn down though. He can have fun in Texas playing on a 3rd place team in his twilight years.

  2. #992
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    39,209
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Conditional option for a 6th year that would make it a 222 million dollar deal as well.

    Yeah I love Jacob but no. Its money he couldn't turn down though. He can have fun in Texas playing on a 3rd place team in his twilight years.
    I updated it around the same time you quoted me. I hadn't seen the full details when I made the original post. Good for him to cash in but his arm injury history is concerning.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  3. #993
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    757

  4. #994
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    27,259
    Absolutely blows my mind that this team falls short every year due to the offense not performing in the playoffs and the only addition they are rumored to be interested is in a pitcher. How brain dead can this org be?

  5. #995
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    6,403
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Absolutely blows my mind that this team falls short every year due to the offense not performing in the playoffs and the only addition they are rumored to be interested is in a pitcher. How brain dead can this org be?
    you have a gm who has forgotten more than he knows at the moment yanks should have fired him years ago.. keeping him around is what is holding this team back..

  6. #996
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cranford, NJ
    Posts
    9,443
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    5 years..185 million. For a guy with his arm issues, yikes. 6th year conditional option can make it 6/220

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    This was a great deal for DeGrom. He is 34 and gets a 5 year deal with an option for a 6th. So, he is guaranteed to be paid until he is 39 with an option to be paid until 40 and end his career with a barrel full of money. For comparison Aaron Judge is 31 and will possibly get an 8 year deal with an option for a 9th. So the 8 years gets him to 39 with an option to be paid until 40. If you believe Judge is worth $45 million - $50 million per year for the next 4 - 5 years, but Legrom is only worth that amount for the next year or two, then the tail end of the deals are similar in money and IMO, Judge's deal will probably age better, since DeGrom is a bigger injury risk.

    Still, if DeGrom is healthy, he will thrive in Texas and win more games then ever. Plus, as an added benefit to Yankees fans, I can't wait to see him shut down the Astros and beat them 4 times per year.

  7. #997
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    47,662
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    My guess. Cohen goes nuts and ends up with Rondon or Verlander

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Or both

    Texas is nuts to give that to DeGrom. As you said, multiple injuries at age 34 for 5 years? I am guessing they will be lucky to get 500 innings out of him over that time.

    On the other hand, good for the Rangers. It looks like they want to get much better. Tons of internet rumors (whatever value they have or don't) linking them to other names.



    Ignorance is bliss

  8. #998
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    47,662
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Absolutely blows my mind that this team falls short every year due to the offense not performing in the playoffs and the only addition they are rumored to be interested is in a pitcher. How brain dead can this org be?
    I agree but to be fair, they are linked to names like Beni, Ninmo, McCarthy and have spoken with Bogaerts, correa and I think Turner.

    I suspect they are waiting for Judge to decide before making more moves. I feel like the entire league is doing that. The Agents want to see what Judge sings for to base their value around that.



    Ignorance is bliss

  9. #999
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    23,896
    Texas is so desperate. deGrom will never justify that contract just by the minimal amount of innings he pitches per season.
    My Top 10 Beatles songs

    1. I am the Walrus
    2. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
    3. I Me Mine
    4. A Day in the Life
    5. Helter Skelter
    6. Let it Be
    7. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
    8. Being for the Benefit of Mr Kite
    9. Golden Slumbers
    10. Eleanor Rigby

  10. #1000
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    23,896
    Giants are going to make Hal poop his boxers.

    9/360 is what Iím hearing. Hal may need to go 10 or $370
    My Top 10 Beatles songs

    1. I am the Walrus
    2. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
    3. I Me Mine
    4. A Day in the Life
    5. Helter Skelter
    6. Let it Be
    7. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
    8. Being for the Benefit of Mr Kite
    9. Golden Slumbers
    10. Eleanor Rigby

  11. #1001
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    23,896
    Texas is trying g to buy their way to the AL West. They will never accomplish anything as the 3 big signings from last year and this year will crap out.

    I do expect a better year from Seager but not much more from Semien. deGeom will get lit up in the Texas heat with his 3 summer starts. Or do they play inside? Either way he will miss 15 starts in the summer IMO.
    My Top 10 Beatles songs

    1. I am the Walrus
    2. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
    3. I Me Mine
    4. A Day in the Life
    5. Helter Skelter
    6. Let it Be
    7. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
    8. Being for the Benefit of Mr Kite
    9. Golden Slumbers
    10. Eleanor Rigby

  12. #1002
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    23,896
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    This was a great deal for DeGrom. He is 34 and gets a 5 year deal with an option for a 6th. So, he is guaranteed to be paid until he is 39 with an option to be paid until 40 and end his career with a barrel full of money. For comparison Aaron Judge is 31 and will possibly get an 8 year deal with an option for a 9th. So the 8 years gets him to 39 with an option to be paid until 40. If you believe Judge is worth $45 million - $50 million per year for the next 4 - 5 years, but Legrom is only worth that amount for the next year or two, then the tail end of the deals are similar in money and IMO, Judge's deal will probably age better, since DeGrom is a bigger injury risk.

    Still, if DeGrom is healthy, he will thrive in Texas and win more games then ever. Plus, as an added benefit to Yankees fans, I can't wait to see him shut down the Astros and beat them 4 times per year.
    deGrom did good but the Mets did better by not resigning him.
    My Top 10 Beatles songs

    1. I am the Walrus
    2. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
    3. I Me Mine
    4. A Day in the Life
    5. Helter Skelter
    6. Let it Be
    7. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
    8. Being for the Benefit of Mr Kite
    9. Golden Slumbers
    10. Eleanor Rigby

  13. #1003
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    47,662
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Giants are going to make Hal poop his boxers.

    9/360 is what Iím hearing. Hal may need to go 10 or $370
    Unk back in town and you two go on a bender?

    Where exactly are you hearing that?



    Ignorance is bliss

  14. #1004
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    18,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Unk back in town and you two go on a bender?

    Where exactly are you hearing that?
    At night. In bed. Voices whispering n his ear.

  15. #1005
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    18,499
    Yankees could look to mid-tier pitching options if they canít make splash
    By Dan Martin
    December 2, 2022 9:37pm Updated

    Outside of Gerrit Cole and Nestor Cortes, the Yankees donít have a pitcher on their roster who started 20 regular season games for them last season.

    Jameson Taillon, now a free agent, had the second-most starts (32) and innings pitched (177 Ļ/₃) on the staff, ahead of Cortes ó who was bothered by a groin injury ó and Luis Severino, who was sidelined by a strained lat.

    https://nypost.com/2022/12/02/yankee...t-make-splash/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •